Newcastle away - partial refund

stevegrant

Newcastle charged us considerably more than home fans sat in similar seating for our game before Christmas, which Saints complained about to the Premier League. They have found in our favour and ordered Newcastle to refund the club accordingly.

As a result, those who went will receive a partial refund as follows:

Adults - £10 back

Seniors - £11 back

Juniors - £9 back

I think what happened is that Newcastle agreed a load of reciprocal pricing deals with other clubs so if the other club would charge travelling Newcastle fans a knock-down price, they'd reciprocate at St James' Park. We wouldn't agree to it, so Newcastle decided to charge us the same amount that we would charge them at St Mary's, i.e. £37.

Out of interest' date=' how much would the tickets have been if we agreed the reciprocal deal in the first place?[/quote']

No idea. I think Swansea are the only club who agreed a reciprocal deal with them at £20 for away fans, but there's nothing to suggest that's what we'd have gone with as well.

No idea. I think Swansea are the only club who agreed a reciprocal deal with them at £20 for away fans, but there's nothing to suggest that's what we'd have gone with as well.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with reciprocity but a league rule that you can't charge away supporters more for the equivalent seats than you charge home fans.

I'm not sure it has anything to do with reciprocity but a league rule that you can't charge away supporters more for the equivalent seats than you charge home fans.

Correct, but the idea of these reciprocal deals was to increase away attendances by charging them less than home fans, which apparently the rules allow.