Amen, Flash

alpine_saint

Kane and Dawson are below the level we should be looking at, IMO, especially given the "English premium" that would inevitably be added to their price tag. Neither would be an automatic starter in our current first XI.

Welbeck would suit our system perfectly, but his wages (and transfer fee) might price us out of a move, and you could almost certainly find better value on the continent.

My guess is that most business will be done even later than normal this year. Players at the WC will want to wait until after the tournament to maximise their wage/value, whilst buying clubs will wait to be sure they are not buying a crock.

Expect nothing until August.

Except for Alpine wetting his knickers :)

Kane and Dawson are below the level we should be looking at, IMO, especially given the "English premium" that would inevitably be added to their price tag. Neither would be an automatic starter in our current first XI.

Welbeck would suit our system perfectly, but his wages (and transfer fee) might price us out of a move, and you could almost certainly find better value on the continent.

I've been critical of Welbeck before, but have come round to the idea that he could be very good at the right team. He clearly needs a solid run of games actually playing up front. I agree, I think he'd be a good fit for us. Would love us to make a real move for him.

Not sure about Kane, haven't seen enough to have a fully formed opinion, but has been ok whenever I have seen him.

Why is it the morons demanding countless signings every window, 'statements of intent' and expensive shiny new toys are always the exact same morons who slag off expensive shiny new signings without 20 minutes and get borderline racist in their relentless attacks the rest of the season?

I can't think who you can possibly be thinking of...

Alpines definition of a statement of intent? for the next 5 seasons

14/15 We are going to get relegated

15/16 We are going to get relegated

16/17 We are going to get relegated

17/18 We are going to get relegated

18/19 We are going to get relegated

Glasgows Definition of a statement of intent is

I am going to start as many threads as I possibly can and be the greatest WUM the world has ever seen

Barry S Definition of a statement of intent is

Your all wrong and Im correct and Glasgow is not the greatest wum I am

Oh and for Pap

Pap's statement of intent is that one of his conspiracy theories will be proven correct

Brilliantly funny:lol: and yet so,so true

What exactly do you want the club to do to allay people's genuine fears? MP has got another year on his contract so unless he breaks it he's here next season. Even getting him to sign another one won't stop the speculation about him being poached by someone else, or the possibility that he might leave should an 'too good to refuse' offer comes along.

Season ticket holders (me included) will be buying into seeing Saints play 19 times in the Prem next season. We aren't buying into a guarantee that Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana or any of the other members of the current squad will be playing for Saints in those games because that's impossible for the club to commit to. It's the same for all clubs everywhere.

What exactly do you want the club to do to allay people's genuine fears? MP has got another year on his contract so unless he breaks it he's here next season. Even getting him to sign another one won't stop the speculation about him being poached by someone else, or the possibility that he might leave should an 'too good to refuse' offer comes along.

Season ticket holders (me included) will be buying into seeing Saints play 19 times in the Prem next season. We aren't buying into a guarantee that Luke Shaw, Adam Lallana or any of the other members of the current squad will be playing for Saints in those games because that's impossible for the club to commit to. It's the same for all clubs everywhere.

In response to St Richmond's post no 53.

*LIKE*

exactly i support southampton football club, whoever is wearing the shirts.

over the last 54 years of support managers and players have come and gone and when they do everything is doom and gloom for a few days but then i go to SMS, or the Dell in the past, and i get on with supporting.

i am just glad there was no such thing as the internet in the 60's,70's and 80's

exactly i support southampton football club, whoever is wearing the shirts.

over the last 54 years of support managers and players have come and gone and when they do everything is doom and gloom for a few days but then i go to SMS, or the Dell in the past, and i get on with supporting.

i am just glad there was no such thing as the internet in the 60's,70's and 80's

Well said!...