'Just one of those days'

Huffton

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/news/?page_id=11112

No Lloyd, it was not 'just one of those days' it was yet another of those days where the team and the management proved that they are just not good enough.

You have to love the OS bullsh*t machine though...

Whoever runs the OS is seriously naive with stories like this.

Setting McG up for an almost inevitable fall today was sheer stupidity.

i cant make up my mind if forest are a good team or we made them look good,what i can be sure about is that forest did their homework.

I don't think they were particularly good, more that we were particularly shocking!!!!!

As for your second point, I think you're spot on, as they had done their homework, pressed us and rendered us totally impotent. Once again, we were totally incapable (or is it unwilling) to change our shape and try something different.

Did their keeper make a save???

I don't think they were particularly good, more that we were particularly shocking!!!!!

As for your second point, I think you're spot on, as they had done their homework, pressed us and rendered us totally impotent. Once again, we were totally incapable (or is it unwilling) to change our shape and try something different.

only shot near enough to him was Surmans that hit the post.

glad to see their is no MOM Poll, Davis could be the first 100% winner

Forest had done their homework. They came realising that if you get in our faces our short-passing game breaks down quickly because we lack the technical ability. It is then that they can work out how to score themselves. Additionally, they also knew that as our players are physically weak all you have to do is lean on them and we will lose the ball. That takes care of defending against us. Ten teams have done this at St Mary's so far this season - one would think that our managerial team might have done something about it before now.

As probably the one player who could give DMG a run for being the most consitently poorest player of the season he seems a strange choice to be quoting in this time of need.

Clearly many things are wrong but I don't believe either James or DMG can possibly be as poor as their performances suggest they are. I don't know if it's a lack of confidence, or the step up has just been to great for them to bridge, or they're playing out of position, or lacking in coaching I don't know but it's all adding up to this sorry state of affairs.

Forest had done their homework. They came realising that if you get in our faces our short-passing game breaks down quickly because we lack the technical ability. It is then that they can work out how to score themselves. Additionally, they also knew that as our players are physically weak all you have to do is lean on them and we will lose the ball. That takes care of defending against us. Ten teams have done this at St Mary's so far this season - one would think that our managerial team might have done something about it before now.

Exactly, and if a couple of thickos like you and me can spot it so easily, then it's no wonder what proper CCC managers can suss us out so easily!!!!!!!!

Total Football, my fcckucikng ar5543e

100% agree, Forest were awful. Just we were far worse. The Reading game now looks even more like a fluke and it ****es me off everytime i hear Jan/Wilde or Lowe mention the game like we are some sort of awesome team. The Man Utd game will be very very embarassing for us.

100% agree, Forest were awful. Just we were far worse. The Reading game now looks even more like a fluke and it ****es me off everytime i hear Jan/Wilde or Lowe mention the game like we are some sort of awesome team. The Man Utd game will be very very embarassing for us.

what ****s me off is when people point out that we are bad.....the excuse of the odd 45min here and there with the reading game is used..then they say the season is not 23 games long or what ever...

ffs..

what ****s me off is when people point out that we are bad.....the excuse of the odd 45min here and there with the reading game is used..then they say the season is not 23 games long or what ever...

ffs..

We got two goals back against Burnley, donchaknow ?

The fact they were coasting/sleeping at 3-0 up seems to have been largely disregarded....

I hate this ridiculous English "underdog/gallant loser" boollocks, where we can forget a result as long as the opposing manager makes a compliment to the press about our ability to play the ball in pretty triangles...

Exactly, and if a couple of thickos like you and me can spot it so easily, then it's no wonder what proper CCC managers can suss us out so easily!!!!!!!!

Total Football, my fcckucikng ar5543e

The problem is that we try to play football in the wrong areas. I'm all in favour of the short-passing malarkey in the final third, but we have to get the ball forward faster in order to do it, and the player receiving it up front has to be able to hold it up. John could do this, Rasiak could too. THEN we could build without having to worry about losing the ball and the opposition being in on goal immediately. Poortvliet doesn't learn from his mistakes, is evidently unwilling to change his methods and is not, I'm afraid, competent enough to manage at this level.