Koeman's first Southampton press conference 11/7/14

Matthew Le God

Read Lovren's comments the other day. Do you really think he will be staying after that? Really?

Thats all Im saying. Surely anyone realises its much more likely than not that he will leave?

Schneiderlin less so, but couldn't blame him for moving on, although obviously I hope not.

Think thats just realistic, not depressing. Have to say Im excited by Koeman, the players we are targetting etc, but yes, IMO its nailed on Lovren will leave. I don't think that is overly ludicrous to state.

I think you will find that the decision lies with SFC and not Lovren. He will only go if the club decide to sell him. Remember Suarez last season?

Interesting that Koeman said that he had had no chance to talk to Shaw or Lallana, although he was kept informed.

Another integrity nail in the Krueger coffin?

I thought Les Reed and Wreck it Ralf had stated that all player sales would be up to Koeman.

Not bothered now, but an interesting insight. We bungled badly at the start of the summer. Thank god for Koeman now talking the reigns. Love the fact he stated that we will replace our losses with better players.

Interesting that Koeman said that he had had no chance to talk to Shaw or Lallana, although he was kept informed.

Another integrity nail in the Krueger coffin?

I thought Les Reed and Wreck it Ralf had stated that all player sales would be up to Koeman.

Not bothered now, but an interesting insight. We bungled badly at the start of the summer. Thank god for Koeman now talking the reigns. Love the fact he stated that we will replace our losses with better players.

Or maybe there was another reason? Both situations were seemingly advanced before RK was appointed and he intimated as much. If their agents said they are off and there is nothing RK will say to change their minds what can you do? Interesting that the situations with Lovren and Morgan are different.

First impressions?

Came across well, answered questions straight forward and honestly, wish he had said something like, 'Suarez ish a shaintz player? rilly?' just as a wind up, but aswered the questions honestly. Good to hear about Pelle, guess Koey is close to him. Answered about Ossie that he wasn't here when all the shi'ite happened between him and Fonte, and he has a contract, so needs to come back.

Seems he's dealing with what he has and will take control on btransfers now.

Main thing I want to hear from him, and not yet, is his plans for the future. If we're looking good in mid-table and he likes the area I'd like to hear him be more ambitious about the long term here, 3-5 years. I mean it's what we all want from a good manager and the only way for clubs to progress, yet 99% of clubs fail to make it happen. We may get lucky and have a good side next year, but if there's as much change every year or two, we won't always be lucky.

Sadly. If he does well here I can see him being the Dutch national manager in 2 years time

Sadly. If he does well here I can see him being the Dutch national manager in 2 years time

I think these days 2 years is an average managerial cycle and we can't realistically expect any more. As you say if he does well, he'll be poached, if he does crap he'll get sacked and mediocrity? We won't care one way or another.