The Open

Wade Garrett

Never bet on golf - it's too open (see what I did there) and any one of 50 players could come through and win it.

The Open is the most difficult to predict of all because of the vagaries of links courses - how many predicted Darren Clarke to win a few years ago?

Not being into Golf, I didn't realise The Open was in Liverpool this week.

Just assumed some scally had nicked the middle word telling us what was Open this week from all the sign posts I saw on Tuesday, giving directions to "The Open". :rolleyes:

Ha, it gets a Cineworld, a TESCO Extra and a Nandos and it thinks it's civilised :)

Speak to us when you have a train station, wool. Or indeed, an international golf tournie (it's actually on the Wirral - we've nicked it Eastleigh airport style).

I was in Leigh tonight for a 30th birthday party. We went for an Indian in a restaurant called "The Indian". FFS, it was like being an extra in the Naked Gun movies.

Edited by pap

Ha, it gets a Cineworld, a TESCO Extra and a Nandos and it thinks it's civilised :)

Speak to us when you have a train station, wool. Or indeed, an international golf tournie (it's actually on the Wirral - we've nicked it Eastleigh airport style).

I was in Leigh tonight for a 30th birthday party. We went for an Indian in a restaurant called "The Indian". FFS, it was like being an extra in the Naked Gun movies.

You have my deepest sympathy!! Please remember I'm only in Leigh by marriage, not by choice!!

Mind you it's debatable whether or not it is an upgrade or downgrade from my hometown of Eastleigh!!

You have my deepest sympathy!! Please remember I'm only in Leigh by marriage, not by choice!!

Mind you it's debatable whether or not it is an upgrade or downgrade from my hometown of Eastleigh!!

Noooooooooo.... This means we missed a potential TSW date night again.... We've not had one since the Barry & Pap Bromance FFS.

Get your act together PLEEESE.

Oh and who the hell would bet on Rory. He's not been the same since I snogged his (ex) missus in Public back in January.

This is one of the Openest Opens for a long time. Only Bearsy's fav Rose came into it in any real form, others have been blowing hot & cold for a while.

Lee will come close but no cigar, Luke will curse his swing changes again, Kaymer will discover his putting was a one off and Tiger will swear a lot.

No idea who will win it, but then I have my eyes on a different tournament this year :smug: