Who would welcome Cortese back?

Batman

Didn't want him to go, we were without doubt heading in the right direction. Although I really didn't like the negative things with MLT and Benali etc and some,of the petty things but who's perfect and perhaps the quirky is what makes some a success. The club does seem rudderless and have handled this window appallingly so far, they have allowed players and clubs to dictate albeit getting good prices. We need some action fast to show we are not falling apart and attract some talent.

Look CB I don't want to get into yet another slanging match, I can't fathom why you dislike NC so much, as he achieved so much. He was the master of our success (on the back of Liebherrs money) I had great fun and yes he did some naff stuff but in the main he did far more good than bad. The stripes thing was the main point in your post, although I do understand why you are angry.Not many pro Reed KL posters out at present. You have now got to the end of your tether it seems, quite a seed change and a good barometer how badly this is all going in the. PR stakes

The stripes thing was not the main point of that post. It was a fairly blunt rant with no great point. (*free shot at CB Fry everyone)

I've said plenty of times Cortese got more right than wrong. He built a successful club and was clever enough to invest in the academy, and a rare feat of three successful managerial appointments in a row. He got plenty wrong throughout his tenure and the way it has ended and some (not all) of the fall out we see now is a direct result of him being here and the culture he created.

I can still reserve the right to call him a weasel faced helmet and I am delighted he will never be at the club again.

The stripes thing was not the main point of that post. It was a fairly blunt rant with no great point. (*free shot at CB Fry everyone)

I've said plenty of times Cortese got more right than wrong. He built a successful club and was clever enough to invest in the academy, and a rare feat of three successful managerial appointments in a row. He got plenty wrong throughout his tenure and the way it has ended and some (not all) of the fall out we see now is a direct result of him being here and the culture he created.

I can still reserve the right to call him a weasel faced helmet and I am delighted he will never be at the club again.

Im going to miss the open goal with that admission as Im sure your frustration matches the majority of fans. I think you are wrong not wanting him back but I respect your opinion.

IMO He's probably lucky he got out when he did as there is no way in hell he'd have been able to arrest the exits out the door once the lure of 2x, 3x, 4x the wages and a chance of CL action came calling for any one of the squad. His bluster would've been shown for what it was, simple words. You really think he was a one man battering ram against player/agent power? Get a life.

And please can everyone just drop the word loyalty. Why on earth in this day and age people keep banging on about it beggers belief. They are employees just like you and I. And if the boss of the firm down the road liked the cut of your jib and came knocking with a substantial pay rise (let alone a chance of playing with the big boys overseas), then you'd take it straight away. Just take this silly notion that because they are footballers, they should show loyalty to a club they formerly had no ties with whatsoever out of the equation and you'll all sleep better at night.

Markus' money yes, but he used it well and drove us to heights we have not seen since the early/mid 1980's.

Would want him back in a heartbeat.

Any remote chance of Cortese ever coming back (ie heading a consortium) has now gone forever with the sell off of ALL our "Star" Players

No Mega Rich person is going to want a Club that looks to be a nailed on certainty for relegation ( just my opinion of course)

I'm inclined to believe Steve Grant's suggestion that Cortese wanted to sack Poch in December but was talked out of it by the players.

Yes we had success during his tenure but I think he was a loose cannon who would have made a major slip up at some stage.

There are plenty of other good chief execs out there who I'd go to first

Any remote chance of Cortese ever coming back (ie heading a consortium) has now gone forever with the sell off of ALL our "Star" Players

No Mega Rich person is going to want a Club that looks to be a nailed on certainty for relegation ( just my opinion of course)

Every club has a price. Cortese took us from league 1, I'm sure he wouldn't baulk at a relegation fight in the Premier league

his vision got us a top manager and team with spirit and the envy of the majority of most clubs in the English leagues. It was a proud time having the plaudits and watching superb football. His spiel as you put it brought some top players to the club who also bought into the dream. Iam sure those players did not think we had hit a glass ceiling but felt with a few additions we could compete. Perhaps not for CL but to be established I. The top part of the league and in time even achieving something we could not envisage 6-7-10 years ago.

Basically I'm in for his return and am a tad surprised that you who normally. IMO are a good judge feel this way

His vision got the players here under false pretences and that was always going to unravel as it was based on a never-ending stream of spending someone else's money how he saw fit without any comeback. It collapsed as soon as anything resembling market forces started to have impact on it, and the existing players wanted more money. We ALL felt that "with a few additions" we'd be able to compete, but keeping the ones who've gone would have swallowed up piles of cash too.

I respected his ambition, but retaining the same players which only got us 8th anyway on hugely inflated wages or bonuses PLUS the cost of even more £20m+ players and wages to strengthen the squad further was a completely unsustainable premise. Not entirely unreasonably, Katharina doesn't seem to have wanted to go along with this - which apart from anything was probably impossible to achieve within the parameters of Financial Fair Play.

Even three years ago some of us were saying how much we needed to build the other revenue streams to enable us to expand, yet for all his "financial know how" the guy upset potential customers and partners left, right and centre and was probably a key reason we didn't get more revenue in. We couldn't spend much more even if we wanted to - that's why we voted against FFP.

The phrase Cult of Cortese clearly applies to some of the players who have left as well as some of the fans. The people saying "this wouldn't have happened under Cortese" are wrong - if he'd stayed the money still wouldn't be there and the same thing would have happened - that's why he got out when he did.

None of this of course means I support the sell off of almost every decent player we have, even at the huge fees we've received - more efforts should have been made to retain the core players, and the whole thing is disappointing. The next few weeks will show if the club is even going to attempt to provide decent replacements or if it is a prelude to a club sale. One thing's for sure, no-one's making as much money selling a Championship club compared to a going concern in the Premier League, so it is a very risky strategy.