Saints Player

Saint Rees

I'm sure there's a fair lot of you subscribed to it. Noticed that the club haven't put anything on there since the United game highlights! Okay so they have been putting pre-season stuff on youtube free for everyone to watch but I don't feel like I'm getting my moneys worth at the minute. They'll obviously use it for extended highlights which is the main reason I subscribed, but I would like some sort of exclusive stuff on there too like they used to so that I can feel I'm getting what I'm paying for.

Obviously the last of my saints worries at the minute, just something I noticed when I went on there earlier and was wondering if anyone else has noticed this and may have unsubscribed?

Its pretty poor service that I'm still paying for it and there's been no new content since 11th May 2014.

Its all going on Youtube during pre-season for free!

Lots of other clubs that use the same service have been getting new videos on Player during the summer. Why not us?

Edited by Matthew Le God

Its pretty poor service that I'm still paying for it and there's been no new content since 11th May 2014.

Its all going on Youtube during pre-season for free!

Lots of other clubs that use the same service have been getting new videos on Player during the summer. Why not us?

Saints player was useful when we were in the lower divisions, when managers interviews were of some substance. Gave it up last year because all the matches are either on line or televised here, you could make your own recordings and MPs interviews with the translator were not worth actually listening to. The transcripts were quite enough.

My card expired when it was due to auto-renew earlier this month, and for the exact reason post by OP I let it expire. Think it's good of the club to move everything over to YouTube generally, much better experience for all fans as they'll get all content for free, but agree it is annoying for those of us paying.

Guess maybe they'll do what they did last season and post a minute or two of highlights plus snippets of interviews which are then available in full on SP, but they might not be able to resist the temptation of getting everything up on YouTube in full to appeal to more fans. Less money though, I guess.

And let our commercial revenues suffer even more...surely not. How much do you think the club actually got from our 40 quid a year or whatever it was/is.

Very little. In fact they probably get as much revenue from allowing Youtube ads before our vids.

Player was invaluable whilst we were in the Football League but doesn't offer much you can't get elsewhere these days.