Koeman - looking like an inspired hire

washsaint

RK can get as many goals as he likes from set pieces IMO. After all, to get a free kick in a dangerous position, you have to have already been doing something right. :)

Absolutely, and possession will provide more opportunities for free kicks and corners to be conceded by the opponents, but scoring from open play is key to winning more games and making close games safe.

Absolutely, and possession will provide more opportunities for free kicks and corners to be conceded by the opponents, but scoring from open play is key to winning more games and making close games safe.

So, I think we agree that goals win games! :) We are geniuses....geniii...smart!

I'm waiting for someone to say Koeman is a better manager than Pochettino because of these reasons lool.

Look at our fixtures:

Liverpool- Spurs got destroyed today AT HOME 3-0, we narrowly lost AWAY and probs coulve got something.

WHU- It took them a dodgy 90th minute winner, we beat them fairly convincingly.

They beat QPR at home easily, which experts on here will say we will do too, and that Spurs would also struggle against WBA.

Then they'd say that Koemans done this with a squad who lost 5 first team players, unlike Spurs who have a good squad.

This isn't my viewpoint, haha, and I'm surprised no one has said this theory. Well done guys.

I'm waiting for someone to say Koeman is a better manager than Pochettino because of these reasons lool.

Look at our fixtures:

Liverpool- Spurs got destroyed today AT HOME 3-0, we narrowly lost AWAY and probs coulve got something.

WHU- It took them a dodgy 90th minute winner, we beat them fairly convincingly.

They beat QPR at home easily, which experts on here will say we will do too, and that Spurs would also struggle against WBA.

Then they'd say that Koemans done this with a squad who lost 5 first team players, unlike Spurs who have a good squad.

This isn't my viewpoint, haha, and I'm surprised no one has said this theory. Well done guys.

links between games games such as you are suggesting will only lead to heartbreak and despair if you take them seriously.

one game at a time.

Of course he is. What a truly stupid comment.

A with the benefit of hindsight its fair to say that we've appointed a better manager than the Steve Wigley level one you predicted we would. So you're happy to be wrong, yet again, right?

On the plus side Koeman appears to have a good overall demeanor and certainly seems to be projecting some authority beyond just coaching the first team...Time will tell, whether it's sufficient to fill the gaping leadership vacuum that formed from the appointment of the Board of fools, although early signs are encouraging. He seems to want to play the right way and we've had a couple of good second half performances that certainly provide optimism.

On the negative side...WTF was the first half against Millwall about?....Worse Saints performance i can recall for a decade or more. And then we have the West Brom game where Koeman looked totally lost, especially in the second half where he sat with his head in his hands for half the game. He had no answer for them other than put on Cork to try and help secure a draw....It worked, so in a way it was a decent shout....'But' it was West Brom and we were at home.

So Jury's still out for me, but slightly optimistic.

On the plus side Koeman appears to have a good overall demeanor and certainly seems to be projecting some authority beyond just coaching the first team...Time will tell, whether it's sufficient to fill the gaping leadership vacuum that formed from the appointment of the Board of fools, although early signs are encouraging. He seems to want to play the right way and we've had a couple of good second half performances that certainly provide optimism.

On the negative side...WTF was the first half against Millwall about?....Worse Saints performance i can recall for a decade or more. And then we have the West Brom game where Koeman looked totally lost, especially in the second half where he sat with his head in his hands for half the game. He had no answer for them other than put on Cork to try and help secure a draw....It worked, so in a way it was a decent shout....'But' it was West Brom and we were at home.

So Jury's still out for me, but slightly optimistic.

Really?

Can't read too much into his playing career.

There are plenty of great players who were shite managers (e.g. Maradonna), and plenty of mediocre players who were great managers (e.g. Fergie).

Can you define "great " ?....to me Maradona was only a " great cheat ". It took Ferguson 3-4 years to win anything of note, and his " class of 92" helped him get established. Money did the rest.

Being a good manager is about " people skills ". McMenemy had no League experience and Strachan won almost everything, but players surely respect players with such an impressive career.

Can you define "great " ?....to me Maradona was only a " great cheat ". It took Ferguson 3-4 years to win anything of note, and his " class of 92" helped him get established. Money did the rest.

Being a good manager is about " people skills ". McMenemy had no League experience and Strachan won almost everything, but players surely respect players with such an impressive career.

I think we need your definition of great if you are saying Diego Maradon isn't a great player and Alex Ferguson isn't a great manager.