Boruc Twitter

SFC Chris

Is this really an issue, or just a result of our "someone's offended somewhere" culture? Granted there might be some living relatives of survivors but no one alive who knew someone who perished. Of those, I doubt any are on Twitter.

I all for outrage but there are plenty of other current issues to be outraged about.

Is this really an issue, or just a result of our "someone's offended somewhere" culture? Granted there might be some living relatives of survivors but no one alive who knew someone who perished. Of those, I doubt any are on Twitter.

I all for outrage but there are plenty of other current issues to be outraged about.

I think it's potentially a pretty offensive joke to Sotonians with relatives who died on the Titanic. Certainly ill-advised for someone earning his living performing in front of 30,000 of the likely target audience every other week, However, it was clearly designed to offend, and from someone who tangibly isn't bothered who he offends, which is why most people just ignored it.

It was posted on the evening of 20th August, btw, so it's 4 weeks old.

I think it's potentially a pretty offensive joke to Sotonians with relatives who died on the Titanic. Certainly ill-advised for someone earning his living performing in front of 30,000 of the likely target audience every other week, However, it was clearly designed to offend, and from someone who tangibly isn't bothered who he offends, which is why most people just ignored it.

It was posted on the evening of 20th August, btw, so it's 4 weeks old.

Im not entirely sure it was 'designed' to offend as such, Id also argue it really isnt that offensive, but then these days there is always someone somewhere ready to play the victim

I think it's potentially a pretty offensive joke to Sotonians with relatives who died on the Titanic. Certainly ill-advised for someone earning his living performing in front of 30,000 of the likely target audience every other week, /QUOTE]

True.. Mind plenty of Saints supporters way back in the bad days when we had sunk to League 1 and went into administration were comparing us to the Titanic.

I think there's a difference between saying something is going down like the titanic and saying 'i nominate all passengers (of the titanic) for the ice bucket challenge'.

Maybe just me, but the reference to the boat is less offensive than the passengers.

Honestly don't know how he could have thought this was a good idea.