Southampton Partnership With Servette Could Be On Cards

Marsdinho

Sounds like they did the champ manager option of getting the board to look for a team to send out players to earn work permits at and this was the best of the bad bunch.

Do EU work permits apply in Switzerland. I know Switzerland has some bilateral treaties with the EU, but not sure if someone working in Switzerland would be granted a WP in the UK as a result. Probably not the most simple, straightforward option to be honest, almost any other country in Europe would be more obvious.

Sounds like a stupid idea. We send good young players on loan to play in the Swiss 2nd Division and our benefit is first refusal on players from a club in...the Swiss 2nd Division.

:lol: :lol:

Why is it worse than sending players out on loan to the English third division?

Do EU work permits apply in Switzerland. I know Switzerland has some bilateral treaties with the EU, but not sure if someone working in Switzerland would be granted a WP in the UK as a result. Probably not the most simple, straightforward option to be honest, almost any other country in Europe would be more obvious.

If you are a citizen of an EU nation there are no barriers to entry for work, you just report to the local Gemeinde, show them your contract, give them a passport photo and CHF80, in a couple weeks you receive your residence permit. Go through the same rigmarole everytime you move Canton. Swiss have no barriers to entry in the UK job market, treat as German/Italian/French.

Although as Servette is in Geneva they should rethink, Geneva is a dog-turd covered dump populated by French public sector workers (I work there). They should partner with a team in Zurich, it's Switzerland's only city and has a bit of swagger about the place.

Edited by Killers Knee

Why is it worse than sending players out on loan to the English third division?

I've seen a few Swiss 2nd league matches and the standards drop considerably here. I would think conference level or worse...

I think our young players would benefit a lot more from getting quality training and coaching with us.

Also Staplewood is much nicer than many of the stadiums here!

If you are a citizen of an EU nation there are no barriers to entry for work, you just report to the local Gemeinde, show them your contract, give them a passport photo and CHF80, in a couple weeks you receive your residence permit. Go through the same rigmarole everytime you move Canton. Swiss have no barriers to entry in the UK job market, treat as German/Italian/French.

Although as Servette is in Geneva they should rethink, Geneva is a dog-turd covered dump populated by French public sector workers (I work there). They should partner with a team in Zurich, it's Switzerland's only city and has a bit of swagger about the place.

I think you missed the point though. We wouldn't be sending players that already have work permits to Switzerland. The suggestion was we could bring in players from outside the EU to help get work permits in UK. But for me that doesn't really make sense given that Switzerland is not in the EU.

Still think our only link with Servette must be through Chivers.