£8 tickets for CCC rd 2

Bourno

Very sensible except I can't help thinking it will deter a lot of walk-ups? These would probably have made up a large proportion of the crowd at £10 but not now at £15?

That bit doesn't make sense to me?

Very sensible except I can't help thinking it will deter a lot of walk-ups? These would probably have made up a large proportion of the crowd at £10 but not now at £15?

On the other hand, it encourages people to buy in advance (a lot of CCC clubs do it for league games, let alone cup games) so the club can prepare enough staff to cover the anticipated attendance.

At last ST holders are finally rewarded with something of real use. Year after year I renew and wonder why I bother and all we ever get is 10% off sod all. I seem to recall a year or so ago we were promised some sort of loyalty gift to thank us and it never materialised.

This is a terrific gesture IMO. ST holders create the least amount of work for the ticket office over the course of the season (and therefore reduces their sales overheads costs) so its nice to see something come back our way for once.

It is not discrimination against non ST holders it is rewarding those that are. Perhaps members could have been included as well, but I think this is a very good move.

£10 or £8 price makes a mockery of the preseason prices IMO.

a decent move to prevent the huge long queues before these pay on the day games.

In my opinion, I wouldn't have thought that the £5 difference will deter a significant number of walk-ups. I believe most people would still see £15 as a decent discounted price.

Anyway...can you imagine people moaning about being asked to pay an extra fiver for something like this....would never happen on here....

But it's the regularly attending non-season ticket holders that give most money to the club so shouldn't they be "rewarded" first....? ;)

I note your winky thing, so realise your comment was made in good humour.

Nonetheless, while they may give more money, they also require higher overheads because you need more staff to deal with them etc. No idea where that would even itself out, but still.

But it's the regularly attending non-season ticket holders that give most money to the club so shouldn't they be "rewarded" first....? ;)

I don't agree with that at all.

I (and I imagine the club a well) doubt there are many (or indeed any) supporters going to 16 or more home league games a season paying £384+ rather than forking out £380 for a season ticket. If there are then they are pretty silly not to have made that simple calculation.

If they are not going to 16+ games then they don't pay more than ST holders.

I dare say there are some that will end up going to more than 16 games if Saints do particularly well, but unlike ST holders they can keep their money in their pocket if things go bad. ST holders pay whatever the weather, so why not reward them?

I don't agree with that at all.

I (and I imagine the club a well) doubt there are many (or indeed any) supporters going to 16 or more home league games a season paying £384+ rather than forking out £380 for a season ticket. If there are then they are pretty silly not to have made that simple calculation.

If they are not going to 16+ games then they don't pay more than ST holders.

I dare say there are some that will end up going to more than 16 games if Saints do particularly well, but unlike ST holders they can keep their money in their pocket if things go bad. ST holders pay whatever the weather, so why not reward them?

Sorry...my (usual) bad attempt at tongue-in-cheek-ness....

In all seriousness, I think this is a decent gesture by the club.

£8, ******* brilliant! The only thing i don't get is the bit about the system upgrade. It says ST's won't be able to get their seat but then goes onto say the staff will do their best to get the ST holders seat.

I think what they're trying to say is due to the upgrade ST holders aren't guarateed to be able to get their usual seat - but they will try. But i've just woken up from a nap so could easily be confused :cool:

I think what they're trying to say is due to the upgrade ST holders aren't guarateed to be able to get their usual seat - but they will try. But i've just woken up from a nap so could easily be confused :cool:

Its the usual problem with Northam Season ticket holders having to move as the cup allocations are slightly higher...

More discrimination against non season ticket holders!!!

so there should be!! st holders are the life of the club, without them there would be no club. We pay a lot of money for tickets and will spend more money on programmes and food/drink. so i think £2 off is a reasonable reduction for all or time, money and effort. I have easily spent over £2000 watching saints for the last 10 years, more if u include away games.