Pellè

Smirking_Saint

Name calling people who have a different opinion, classy :lol:

You described Alderweirld as 'excellent' earlier today and haven't yet told us what the difference is between him and the excellent Paulo Maldini, so at your convenience explain away pal.

So 'brilliant' is better than excellent? And more name calling, Jesus.

You our started this with your thread, by calling Pelle an "excellent, excellent player", when quite clearly he is not, but God forbid anyone with a rational opinion here that doesn't 'fit in', and what about getting it wrong from time to time, you have people dragging up people's original comments :lol:

i can can still say, for example that Mane is not PL standard. He has played well at Selhurswt and obviously scored three goals lately, and he's young, so like Peter Crouch, I might be wrong about his future, hope I am, but I do try and look at football from a perspective that is not always biased, sorry about that.

Why do you only refer to Mane by his surname and all others by Christian names?

This over familiarity has started to grate - Ryan , Nathan (no one refers to him as that btw unless I'm missing the irony)* although understandably more acceptable when used for Toby and slightly less so for Morgan.

* probably I should check my own posts for hypocrisy.

At risk of getting back on topic, I'd suggest that few PL strikers have hit the woodwork more than him this season. So the (legitimate) criticism that he "misses too many chances" and "needs to be more clinical" is literally only inches away from being inaccurate.

And that's ignoring all the other things he contributes.

You described Alderweirld as 'excellent' earlier today and haven't yet told us what the difference is between him and the excellent Paulo Maldini, so at your convenience explain away pal.

not sure I understand your point? Feel free to expand wtf you are on about?

not sure I understand your point? Feel free to expand wtf you are on about?

Pretty obvious isn't it? You've attempted to mock Smirks for saying Pelle is 'excellent' and compared him to two world class players to 'prove' he's not. You've said alderwierld is excellent, so I'm comparing him to a world class player and see how you think he stacks up against Maldini, who was excellent, so off you go pal.

At risk of getting back on topic, I'd suggest that few PL strikers have hit the woodwork more than him this season. So the (legitimate) criticism that he "misses too many chances" and "needs to be more clinical" is literally only inches away from being inaccurate.

And that's ignoring all the other things he contributes.

That's the thing for me - if those near missed had gone in he'd be top of the goal scoring league by now [note for the pedants, I've not checked this answer for accuracy]. It's that close. Not sure if this is something that has happened all his career, or if the margins are just so much more narrow in the PL, but I don't think I've seen anyone hit the woodwork so frequently. I don't care how old he is, I think he'll get better for us...and score more goals.

Pretty obvious isn't it? You've attempted to mock Smirks for saying Pelle is 'excellent' and compared him to two world class players to 'prove' he's not. You've said alderwierld is excellent, so I'm comparing him to a world class player and see how you think he stacks up against Maldini, who was excellent, so off you go pal.
Maldini was world class, exceeding excellence.... that okay with you?

• 9 months later...