Redknapp gone

stevegrant

• 3 months later...

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9846124/qpr-challenge-financial-fair-play-rules-with-fine-looming

QPR challenge FFP rules

QPR did submit their 2013/14 accounts to the Football League - they were in the Championship during that season but were promoted to the Premier League - and at the heart of the issue is a £60million income injection classed as an "exceptional item" in the accounts which was to write off loans.

Without that money being put in by the owners, the club would have reported a loss of £69.7million making them liable for huge FFP fines.

The Football League position is understood to be that such equity injections by club owners are not permitted and therefore the club should be dealt with as though it had made a £69.7million loss. It is over this issue that QPR has started legal proceedings.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9846134/harry-redknapp-blames-qpr-relegation-on-lack-of-spending

Redknapp blames lack of spending

:mcinnes:

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9846124/qpr-challenge-financial-fair-play-rules-with-fine-looming

QPR challenge FFP rules

QPR did submit their 2013/14 accounts to the Football League - they were in the Championship during that season but were promoted to the Premier League - and at the heart of the issue is a £60million income injection classed as an "exceptional item" in the accounts which was to write off loans.

Without that money being put in by the owners, the club would have reported a loss of £69.7million making them liable for huge FFP fines.

The Football League position is understood to be that such equity injections by club owners are not permitted and therefore the club should be dealt with as though it had made a £69.7million loss. It is over this issue that QPR has started legal proceedings.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/article/165/9846134/harry-redknapp-blames-qpr-relegation-on-lack-of-spending

Redknapp blames lack of spending

:mcinnes:

I actually hope QPR succeed in their challenge.

I actually hope QPR succeed in their challenge.

They'll get a partial victory in that they won't be paying a £50m fine, because the Football League don't possess the balls or the legal resources the likes of Fernandes and Mittal will be able to call upon. It'll be watered down to something redundant, possibly with a points deduction imposed.

Ultimately, they participated in Football League competitions in 2013/14, at which point FFP had been voted in by the 72 member clubs (nearly unanimous, if I remember rightly), which implies acceptance of the rules of the competition, which includes the FFP regulations. They chose to ignore them initially and then attempt to completely fudge their accounts when they realised the FL was actually serious about it.

The Football League is effectively a private members' club, if you don't like the rules they impose, don't join.

"Veteran defender Clint Hill does not apportion any blame to manager Chris Ramsey, who took over with the team already in the relegation zone after Harry Redknapp left in February."

I should think not. The poor f***er was left right up Effluent Creek in a craft with no means of propulsion, which had sprung a leak and from which the captain had jumped faster than the skipper from the Costa Concordia.

Redknapp added some crap to an already crap squad, and then bleated when he wasn't allowed any further spending.

Goodness knows what the debt would have totalled had he been allowed to spend what he wanted.

He really has no guilt over the position he leaves clubs in.

Perhaps somebody can tell me of a single incident in Redknapp's career when he has left a team in a healthier state than when he joined it.

I'm finding it really difficult to do so.

"Veteran defender Clint Hill does not apportion any blame to manager Chris Ramsey, who took over with the team already in the relegation zone after Harry Redknapp left in February."

I should think not. The poor f***er was left right up Effluent Creek in a craft with no means of propulsion, which had sprung a leak and from which the captain had jumped faster than the skipper from the Costa Concordia.

Redknapp added some crap to an already crap squad, and then bleated when he wasn't allowed any further spending.

Goodness knows what the debt would have totalled had he been allowed to spend what he wanted.

He really has no guilt over the position he leaves clubs in.

Perhaps somebody can tell me of a single incident in Redknapp's career when he has left a team in a healthier state than when he joined it.

I'm finding it really difficult to do so.

Good summary to which I would add - he spent millions on the players to keep them up the year before and when that failed they became 'Championship Players'..that he couldn't motivate or blend despite them costing way more than Burnley's or Leicester!! The twunt never takes responsibility for the colossal failures - and this is another one - If it were not for Fernandes QPR would be nearly as big a casualty as our fish-fondling neighbours to the East.

Unfortunately it seems to take a club to become victims of Redknapp's deceit before a new crop of supporters realise what sort of devious character he is. Everyone else continues to lap up his "good ol Arry, one of the lads, tells it like it is" act, the media more than most.

Everything he says and does is SO calculated to suit his own ends, yet most seem oblivious to it.

Has he had the op yet? Surely he must have rushed straight in for the op as he was in so much pain

Presumably he has as he was interviewed at a Golf Club recently (presumably after playing the odd hole or two) or.... he is waiting for an NHS appointment or .... he didn't really need the operation rather like the claimed inability to use modern phone and computer technology.

I still think it is a real injustice that the Pompey News' campaign to get Henry Redknapp a knighthood, supported by the great unwashed of Portsea Island, never materialised

Redknapp reported in the Telegraph commenting on QPR's relegation:

"Redknapp pointed to the failure to make more changes over the past two transfer windows. “I felt I would have kept them up,” he said. “I wasn’t sure who was pulling for me and who wasn’t. Behind the scenes I always felt there were one or two people with their own agendas. Nine of the team that started [on Sunday] played in the Championship last year when we got up in the play-offs. We weren’t good enough.”