Ward Prowse Vs Grealish

rickylambert

Just as laughably ineffective for them as he has been for us.

Have you actually watched him play for us? He's not Messi or anything but he's been key to our attacking play at times this season. Honestly don't know why JWP gets so much stick, he's 20 years old ffs. Lallana didn't really find his feet until he was 22-23, and that was at a lower level than this. Give the lad a bit of time and he'll prove his doubters wrong, it's obvious that he's got potential. Odd that coaches at club and national level rate him so highly but your average forum poster doesn't...hmmmm.

Have you actually watched him play for us? He's not Messi or anything but he's been key to our attacking play at times this season. Honestly don't know why JWP gets so much stick, he's 20 years old ffs. Lallana didn't really find his feet until he was 22-23, and that was at a lower level than this. Give the lad a bit of time and he'll prove his doubters wrong, it's obvious that he's got potential. Odd that coaches at club and national level rate him so highly but your average forum poster doesn't...hmmmm.

Age shouldn't matter. He lacks key elements for a midfielder.

Age shouldn't matter. He lacks key elements for a midfielder.

Which are?

And age absolutely matters! Do I need to bring up the Schneiderlin vs Wotton thread? The general consensus back then was that Morgan was too lightweight and wouldn't succeed in the English game, and now he's our best player and is probably going to be playing Champions League football next season. JWP has about 15 years until retirement, that's about enough time to develop his game...

JWP is horribly over-rated.

Seemingly because -

A) he came from the academy

B) he is english

C) he can take a corner.

Still can't shoot

Agreed. He isn't a bad player but he isn't a good player either. He is very average. What's interesting to me is that by his age we had already lost players to other clubs. Bale, Walcott, ox, Shaw, chambers etc. He is never going to be a top class player as some like to think. He's a decent squad player but shouldn't be starting for us.

You do realise in 2009 when he was around his age he scored 20 goals in that season right? Lallana first proper season for us was the year we got relegated. Don't think anyone stood out for us that year. We were just ****.

Agreed. He isn't a bad player but he isn't a good player either. He is very average. What's interesting to me is that by his age we had already lost players to other clubs. Bale, Walcott, ox, Shaw, chambers etc. He is never going to be a top class player as some like to think. He's a decent squad player but shouldn't be starting for us.

He's fudgeking amazing on FM15 for some reason, I wonder why? Could it be because the Saints FM15 researcher is utterly in love with our academy? :rolleyes:

Edited by The9

Sorry mate, I was just trying to see what it was like being Turkish winding up MLG. I'll stop now.

That was certainly the attitude I was getting. He was actually winding me up about FM15 on Facebook last night, so you'll never beat the master.

Don't know if that is really Grealish but if it is there's surely no contest between them. Grealish will have ruined his career by the age of 22.

On the other hand it might help young Prowsey's game if he got out a bit and had a pint or two and got laid occasionally.