Kids tickets on Adult ST

Noodles34

Just wondering if anyone has come across this previously.

I have two adult ST's in Itchen North but usually take my kid, who is 12. I have adult ones because I buy them through my business and sometimes I might take a customer, though my boy wants to go every game now, so I might review that next season anyway.

But I got a call from the ticket office today asking why I had bought a kids ticket for Liverpool on my adult ST. I said it was because he was a kid, he is 12 and I did the same for Chelsea. So they basically said that I can't do that and the purchase would have to against his customer number, which is all very well but because he is not a season ticket holder, how can his purchase history count for other away games? They said it wouldn't until a general sale, which doesn't usually happen for away games anyway.

have I just been unlucky here? I have a mate who bought a kids ticket for Chelsea on his ST and actually used it, but he is like 26. He also bought a MK Dons quid ticket, didn't go but has the away credit! I mean I am actually being genuine but being penalised for it.

anyone had similar and taken it further, would appreciate the advice.

thanks

The ticket office struggle with creative thinking. For years I had 3 adult season tickets in my own name and took my two sons along more often than not. In the end the ticket office gave me different numbers to avoid confusing themselves if I wanted children's tickets for cup games.

The reason they brought this rule in was because there was an increasing number of people taking the **** when buying away tickets, buying kids tickets in the assumption that they wouldn't be challenged at the turnstile.

The Wigan away game was the straw that broke the camel's back, as nearly 1800 of the 4500 tickets sold were kids tickets. Wigan genuinely thought Saints were trying to rip them off.

It happened to me at Liverpool for the 1-0 game we won . My mate wasn't going but as I was taking my nipper offered to take his as it would be company for my lad on the train. The extra nipper was a S/T holder but didn't have as many aways as us, so to get us all sat together we used another S/T number that had the right number of aways . The club rang me , (as I had booked the tickets ) and told me the same . They also used Steve's example of the Wigan game and said that clubs would stop consessions for certain clubs if their supporters were taking the **** . They said we were getting a name for taking the **** and saints had promised to sort their end. They were actually pretty good about it and transferred the sale to the lads S/T number as a " one off" because they believed we were genuine and weren't trying to con anyone . It was early in the season and they said it was the first game that they'd run checks and were having to make lots of calls, but we're putting a fix in place . I assumed they had because Im sure my away tickets now default to match your home ticket when buying online . Did you buy over the phone?

Edited by Lord Duckhunter

It happened to me at Liverpool for the 1-0 game we won . My mate wasn't going but as I was taking my nipper offered to take his as it would be company for my lad on the train. The extra nipper was a S/T holder but didn't have as many aways as us, so to get us all sat together we used another S/T number that had the right number of aways . The club rang me , (as I had booked the tickets ) and told me the same . They also used Steve's example of the Wigan game and said that clubs would stop consessions for certain clubs if their supporters were taking the **** . They said we were getting a name for taking the **** and saints had promised to sort their end. They were actually pretty good about it and transferred the sale to the lads S/T number as a " one off" because they believed we were genuine and weren't trying to con anyone . It was early in the season and they said it was the first game that they'd run checks and were having to make lots of calls, but we're putting a fix in place . I assumed they had because Im sure my away tickets now default to match your home ticket when buying online . Did you buy over the phone?

No mate, online, but got the kids ticket for Chelsea. If what you say is right then don't know why it gives an option to buy another ticket type against your number. They clearly haven't put a check in place but relying on catching the odd one or two here and there perhaps. You'd think it would be straight forward to set that up online.

The reason they brought this rule in was because there was an increasing number of people taking the **** when buying away tickets, buying kids tickets in the assumption that they wouldn't be challenged at the turnstile.

The Wigan away game was the straw that broke the camel's back, as nearly 1800 of the 4500 tickets sold were kids tickets. Wigan genuinely thought Saints were trying to rip them off.

surely it's up to the likes of Wigan or Liverpool etc. To turn people away who have the wrong tickets.

If I buy a kids ST next year, can I pay extra tonupgradevto an adult ticket on a match by match basis?

effectively the club will be losing out on extra revenue, only in football eh, do they make it difficult to do the right thing.

Assuming you mean for home matches, then yes. I am doing that this season, for relevant games.

Also, I went online on Friday and saw that there were only restricted view tickets on sale in blocks 121 and 122 left. Thinking that they were going to sell out I grabbed two, even though it is a ridiculous view as I had the same seats last year! But now they have opened another block, 123 and they have normal seats for sale on a general sale, how the f uck does that favour ST holders?

I am trying to get through on the 0845 number and get them swapped but I am not hopeful.

I'm in Kingsland Premium where there is just the one price for STs. They are in my old man's name, but he has dementia and I have taken them over. I was honest, and changed it to one senior and one adult for the cup games. I either take him or my nipper, so either pay correctly or a couple of quid too much on my nippers ticket which is a little less than over 65s. All in all, while I of course don't want to pay too much or more than I need to, I have always presumed getting tickets for different ages is beyond the capabilities of the ticket office, so just accept paying a couple of quid extra.

Also, I went online on Friday and saw that there were only restricted view tickets on sale in blocks 121 and 122 left. Thinking that they were going to sell out I grabbed two, even though it is a ridiculous view as I had the same seats last year! But now they have opened another block, 123 and they have normal seats for sale on a general sale, how the f uck does that favour ST holders?

I am trying to get through on the 0845 number and get them swapped but I am not hopeful.

I buy ours at the TO and I went down on the 2nd day of sale to get tickets in Block 123. They weren't selling them then, but said they would ring me later in the week when they did.

Sure enough, I got a call on Friday morning from them and did the transaction over the phone. I even had a choice of rows, which is a new one and has been one of my main gripes over the past seasons.

A marked improvement this season.

I'm in Kingsland Premium where there is just the one price for STs. They are in my old man's name, but he has dementia and I have taken them over. I was honest, and changed it to one senior and one adult for the cup games. I either take him or my nipper, so either pay correctly or a couple of quid too much on my nippers ticket which is a little less than over 65s. All in all, while I of course don't want to pay too much or more than I need to, I have always presumed getting tickets for different ages is beyond the capabilities of the ticket office, so just accept paying a couple of quid extra.

I'm in a similar situation. We have two tickets at full price despite both being over 65 but if I buy tickets for the cup games then the pricing is based on the age of the people who are registered against the tickets.

I tried to change mine but were not allowed to. When I complained they blamed it on Liverpool saying they were not allowed to sell block 123 until others sold out.

In my view club could have taken a small hit to reserve the restricted view ones and then only sold them if rest sold out.

surely it's up to the likes of Wigan or Liverpool etc. To turn people away who have the wrong tickets.

I mentioned this to the ticket office when it happened to me. They said that all the clubs had agreed to sort this growing problem out at source, they didnt want the hassle and aggro that will come with refusing entry to hundreds ( and they said it was 100's) of supporters on the day.

I tried to change mine but were not allowed to. When I complained they blamed it on Liverpool saying they were not allowed to sell block 123 until others sold out.

In my view club could have taken a small hit to reserve the restricted view ones and then only sold them if rest sold out.

exactly what they told me today, so the STH's get stuffed and the general sale buyers get better seats, you couldn't make it up!

I mentioned this to the ticket office when it happened to me. They said that all the clubs had agreed to sort this growing problem out at source, they didnt want the hassle and aggro that will come with refusing entry to hundreds ( and they said it was 100's) of supporters on the day.

well that says it all then, might as well join the rest and get kids' tickets and hope the TO don't spot it because it seems clear that they do not have a fix, just a random check.