Saintsweb match at SMS

DrZuess1979 the 2nd

Jesus, SaintsForever v Essruu's Saints Fun flashback. Giordano's girly scream and Bjorn bouncing Rabbit into the chainlink fence around the astropitch at Fleming Park via a "robust" challenge and 10 yard knee-skid... I can't even remember how many we won by now, I probably scored though. Did you play? :D

Sadly not, I had a Surprise prearranged holiday which I couldn't get out of ;)

I heard about the game though.TSW won 3-2. Saints fun reduced to 10 men due to injuries and a lot of *****ing , whinging and helmetry from the TSW team. I think I'd have made a difference, it was in the days when I could run, was more mobile than an oil tanker like I was last time I played. (Man U away, the less said about that the better).

Sadly not, I had a Surprise prearranged holiday which I couldn't get out of ;)

I heard about the game though.TSW won 3-2. Saints fun reduced to 10 men due to injuries and a lot of *****ing , whinging and helmetry from the TSW team. I think I'd have made a difference, it was in the days when I could run, was more mobile than an oil tanker like I was last time I played. (Man U away, the less said about that the better).

Ah, THAT holiday.

I'm sure Ess has a version of the match report uploaded to iCloud or on one of his 3 million iDevices. I know he had the pic of Phil our goalie on the Saints Fun front page for MONTHS afterwards. :D

Shocking, I thought the shot was going wide, hence my rabbit in the headlights reaction and lack of save.
Hey BP just watched a lot of those clips again and forgot what a blinder you played :):):). I remember the other keeper Bananaman? was sweeping, pulling off worldies and made the difference.

Only kidding, i remember you being pretty good at taking goal kicks and coming to take the ball out of the net, at least our team became pretty well rehearsed kicking off lol.

Only teasing, you did well the same as the rest of our team.

Hey BP just watched a lot of those clips again and forgot what a blinder you played :):):). I remember the other keeper Bananaman? was sweeping, pulling off worldies and made the difference.

Only kidding, i remember you being pretty good at taking goal kicks and coming to take the ball out of the net, at least our team became pretty well rehearsed kicking off lol.

Only teasing, you did well the same as the rest of our team.

Yeah, Bananaman, aka the Banana Factor. I knew I might be able to sneak one past him having seen him ship 10 against The Bittern when the Saints IFC team turned up with 8 men... :D

I still have the original DVD from that first game. and a copy of the programme somewhere!

I don't think the Ref sent Nick off for his attitude, think it was more for the affront of wearing a shiny Silver Made in China Suit. At least mine was handmade in a sweat shop in Thailand.

Did anyone else notice how we got a bigger crowd than that lot down the M27?

And yes, Granty was right, the Ref was a complete dork (in the first game) awarding a Carrollesque penalty against my Nipper ffs. But of course Karma (rather than any ability or tactical nous) ensured that Nick won the second game.

I still laugh now at OldNick not seeing the ref wave the sub on in that first game - in the same way he missed my tactical switch from Mike Bassett to a False The9 - a move which actually changed the game.

Yeah, gotta save some airmiles. We NEED the decider.

I still have the original DVD from that first game. and a copy of the programme somewhere!

I don't think the Ref sent Nick off for his attitude, think it was more for the affront of wearing a shiny Silver Made in China Suit. At least mine was handmade in a sweat shop in Thailand.

Did anyone else notice how we got a bigger crowd than that lot down the M27?

And yes, Granty was right, the Ref was a complete dork (in the first game) awarding a Carrollesque penalty against my Nipper ffs. But of course Karma (rather than any ability or tactical nous) ensured that Nick won the second game.

I still laugh now at OldNick not seeing the ref wave the sub on in that first game - in the same way he missed my tactical switch from Mike Bassett to a False The9 - a move which actually changed the game.

Yeah, gotta save some airmiles. We NEED the decider.

Chinese suit you cheeky git, the bloke on Kingsland market assured me it had flown over Milan on its way from Kurdistan.

As for your version of the event, the game has to stop to bring a sub on.

I didn't notice you change the team around, but I think you will find that it was not tactical nous it was a case Fordy came on who was obviously a higher standard than the rest on offer.

I would have changed things but after all, my players rightly said ' I effin paid to play 90 minutes as ( enter the position here)and so f-off I m staying where I am'

I assure you the only tactical change in the first match which made any difference was us removing our defence during the second half. :D
I think the emotion and fatique cost us. They did have the advantage of some of our forwards coming off and the arrival of the ringer that gave them energy (well Fordy directed things and pulled the strings) our defence then were up against it

I think the emotion and fatique cost us. They did have the advantage of some of our forwards coming off and the arrival of the ringer that gave them energy (well Fordy directed things and pulled the strings) our defence then were up against it

I suspect the complete failure to even attempt to clear at least 2 of their goals might have had something to do with it. :)

Just as a heads-up, in case you hadn't noticed, there is the opportunity to play at St Mary's THIS summer in the stickied thread at the top of this forum.

The prices there are pretty much identical to what we'd be charging for our own game if it goes ahead next year, but there's no guarantee that our one will happen - there needs to be the availability (the club will always offer it to the organisations who did it the previous year first), and there needs to be time in my schedule to organise it, which is far from guaranteed :lol:

You also get to play alongside some club legends rather than just plebs like me :smug:

• 6 months later...