Wolves 2 Saints 0 - Match & Meltdown Thread

Shroppie

You are a mong, if we played with wingers are formation would be 4222 and would look like this.

GK

LB CB CB RB

CM CM

RW----------- LW

ST ST

But yet we line up like this

GK

LB CB CB RB

RM CM CM LM

ST ST

Please understand basic formations before trying to sound smart. a flat 442 plays with a right and left mid, not right and left winger, In the words of MH him self, we play a flat 442, he says we play a flat 442, so that means we play with a right and left mid.

you think we play 4222. now he is wrong, im wrong, but your right? ok your a mong, Just cause they take up a position on the wing during attacking phases does not mean they are wingers.

do you know how many different roles you have in wide area's? cause I have a degree in it. studied for years at university, im not some random drunken idiot that attends games.

If I wanted to give JWP a xmass card ill hand it to him my self, I don't need you who don't know basic formations / roles In formations handing him any thing.

Bet JWP has more assists than Redmond come the end of the season.

Up their with one of the most arrogant and stupid posts I’ve seen on here I reckon.

If you had anything worth it’s weight in terms of tactical knowledge, you know that there is no such thing as 1 formation. You have different formations at different phases of the game.

I.e if you are to set up as a 433 with the ball, this potentially would come as a 451 without it, with the “wingers” dropping back to create a bank of 5.

If anything, we actually set up as a 4231 with the ball, with 2 wide men, staying wide and pushing forward and ings finding himself dropping into more of a ‘10’.

Of course you need to adapt how you set up the players you have. I.e you wouldn’t play JWP as a ‘right forward’ playing on the last man, as it’ll be completely pointless, to which point he is likely to drift inside and you would ask the full back to overlap create the width.

Your obsession with JWP is a weird one. Their is honestly been nothing to suggest he is anywhere near being good enough to be a PL player.

I couldn’t give a flying **** if JWP has more assists than Redmond, you don’t get it do you, they are both crap, utter crap.

You are making out JWP is the answer, he isn’t, he should be sold to his level, league one or championship if lucky, and sign a better winger than Redmond.

Surely if you play LM or RM you are playing on the wing, so therefore are a winger? Stop trying to be all hipster. You are the reason modern football is ********, I’ve studied it at uni so therefore I’m correct.

I’d hand your degree back mate, wasted all that time getting it wrong. You have an interesting way with words, obviously never learnt how to debate correctly.

I asked if you wanted a new poster, not a xmas card. Your head has gone, take some time out, go play football manager where you can study phases of the game, turnovers and stats on how many key passes your midfielders have made to the corner flag. Spreadsheet thicko.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left back and right back play on the wing, are they wingers? no, Why? player instructions and team shape say they are defensive and push up when needed to help build up attacks.

Left and right midfielders (Wide midfielders) have a role balanced between attack and defence, similar to that of central midfielders, but they are positioned closer to the touchlines of the pitch. They may be asked to cross the ball into the opponents' penalty area to make scoring chances for their teammates, and when defending they may put pressure on opponents who are trying to cross.

wingers (in general wingers) are attacking minded players who have the ability of both creating and scoring goals. At times they are also used as strikers due to their exceptional finishing skills. Wingers are actually very fast players with commendable top speed or acceleration who can deliver crosses to the target man or striker. They build up the play with the midfielders to make an attack. Over the years with advent of attacking playing style both right and left wings are used to accommodate players who could have also played as a sole striker. Nowadays wingers are used so that 3 strikers ( 1 striker + 2 striker minded players) can be played together with just little modification in a 4–3–3 formation in the same horizontal line or in a 4–2–3–1 formation with wingers playing in the same horizontal line as the CAM . Wingers are not given any defensive duties as they are most dangerous on the break and spend most of the time looking for space to exploit when possession is turned over, this is why when wingers are used a formation of 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-2-1 is expected as the 3 midfielders are needed to cover the wingers lack of defensive duties.

your argument is flawed before you even start it.

I never once at all said JWP is the answer, he just provides things others in the team cant and some thing we could do with and would Help Redmond get into the positions he likes which is in 1v1 vs the goal keeper / running at back peddling defenders going for glory.

Just think of a world when Scoring goals and assisting goals are not the job of Wingers / Wide midfielders but the sole responsibility of central midfielders and full backs, I guess it explains why we have central midfielders and full backs with assists and goals and wide midfielders with 0, opps sorry wingers with 0.

Left back and right back play on the wing, are they wingers? no, Why? player instructions and team shape say they are defensive and push up when needed to help build up attacks.

Left and right midfielders (Wide midfielders) have a role balanced between attack and defence, similar to that of central midfielders, but they are positioned closer to the touchlines of the pitch. They may be asked to cross the ball into the opponents' penalty area to make scoring chances for their teammates, and when defending they may put pressure on opponents who are trying to cross.

wingers (in general wingers) are attacking minded players who have the ability of both creating and scoring goals. At times they are also used as strikers due to their exceptional finishing skills. Wingers are actually very fast players with commendable top speed or acceleration who can deliver crosses to the target man or striker. They build up the play with the midfielders to make an attack. Over the years with advent of attacking playing style both right and left wings are used to accommodate players who could have also played as a sole striker. Nowadays wingers are used so that 3 strikers ( 1 striker + 2 striker minded players) can be played together with just little modification in a 4–3–3 formation in the same horizontal line or in a 4–2–3–1 formation with wingers playing in the same horizontal line as the CAM . Wingers are not given any defensive duties as they are most dangerous on the break and spend most of the time looking for space to exploit when possession is turned over, this is why when wingers are used a formation of 4-2-3-1, 4-3-3 and 4-1-2-2-1 is expected as the 3 midfielders are needed to cover the wingers lack of defensive duties.

your argument is flawed before you even start it.

I never once at all said JWP is the answer, he just provides things others in the team cant and some thing we could do with and would Help Redmond get into the positions he likes which is in 1v1 vs the goal keeper / running at back peddling defenders going for glory.

Just think of a world when Scoring goals and assisting goals are not the job of Wingers / Wide midfielders but the sole responsibility of central midfielders and full backs, I guess it explains why we have central midfielders and full backs with assists and goals and wide midfielders with 0, opps sorry wingers with 0.

Thank **** for Wikipedia, eh?

Although it does class wide midfielders as wingers.

I aint reading all that hipster ****e. Redmond is a better Winger than JWP, but sadly its like arguing about who did the better smelling crap in the toilet. JWP should have more assists than the whole midfield considering he takes every corner and free kick going when he is on the pitch, 90% of them don't get past the first man or are rubbish.

I think you like him cos you get to do that really "cool" gladiator clap thing as he steps up to whip a free kick into Row Z.

Sorry I class Wide Midfielders as Wingers, and Wide Defenders as Wing/Full Backs, sorry im old school and im confusing you, you carry on with your RM & LM nonsense.

Hurrah, I've managed to avoid this board until today. Had an unexpectedly boozy Saturday afternoon, checked my phone only once. Then Sunday was playing the game and Monday I was again busy. I did watch the highlights yesterday on the OS - what depressing defending in the box - but I didn't see any reason to depress myself further by coming on here.

So, anything different from the usual meltdown threads? Still the same people welcoming the opportunity to be depressed and saying "I told you so" with some weird satisfaction?

As I've only 3 posts can I also ask here whether our game tonight is on the box, and can Yoshida play, pretty please?

Hurrah, I've managed to avoid this board until today. Had an unexpectedly boozy Saturday afternoon, checked my phone only once. Then Sunday was playing the game and Monday I was again busy. I did watch the highlights yesterday on the OS - what depressing defending in the box - but I didn't see any reason to depress myself further by coming on here.

So, anything different from the usual meltdown threads? Still the same people welcoming the opportunity to be depressed and saying "I told you so" with some weird satisfaction?

As I've only 3 posts can I also ask here whether our game tonight is on the box, and can Yoshida play, pretty please?

Not on TV apparently.

And yes, Yoshida CAN play. Whether he will get a game though remains to be seen.

Thank **** for Wikipedia, eh?

Although it does class wide midfielders as wingers.

You're becoming very good at these put downs, good to have somebody on here who has their feet well and truly painted and can cut through all the bull**** and pomposity.

No amount of hyperbole will turn JWP into a PL level footballer, he's had chance after chance after chance and always has come up short. No future here unless Brylcream becomes a sponsor.

All that is your problem not ours, your life story is of no interest to any of us. Plenty of social media on which to feel sorry for yourself and find a shoulder to cry on.

I see Charlie Wayman has not only missed the point entirely, (I'm not one of the ones feeling sorry for myself) but he has responded with one of his usual churlish posts, so no surprise there.

Apologies if my discursive style offends him, but it wasn't deliberate, unlike the majority of his posts..