sadoldgit

Let’s Talk About (Non consensual) Sex!

You really don’t get this thread do you?

There isn’t a thread entitled big things in life that bring you joy so I am making do.

Okay, split thread if you must discuss it again. As Whelk says, you’re not really getting the vibe of, ‘small things in life which bring you joy’.

The smell of fresh silage, a cuppa tea and an egg custard, a bored housewife sitting on the washing machine. They’re the kind of light hearted pleasures we were after.

No need to spilt the thread Lighthouse, especially as you shut the Weinstein thread down. I’m just pleased to see him get what he deserves.

No consensual sex is repugnant and there is no excuse at all.

I think it is a shame these women didnt come forward at the time to stop others going through what they did, or perhaps they waited to see if their careers were going to take off before shouting.

Imaybe wrong and cynical but did all these young woman not realise why they were invited to such things and that they were there for a reason to not only imprve their careers?

I remember a roast of Charlie Sheen (?) where William Shatner said to him, I dont know why you had hookers as there were always actresses around.

No consensual sex is repugnant and there is no excuse at all.

I think it is a shame these women didnt come forward at the time to stop others going through what they did, or perhaps they waited to see if their careers were going to take off before shouting.

Imaybe wrong and cynical but did all these young woman not realise why they were invited to such things and that they were there for a reason to not only imprve their careers?

I remember a roast of Charlie Sheen (?) where William Shatner said to him, I dont know why you had hookers as there were always actresses around.

I think you need to read some of the stories from the victims Nick. Hopefully now people will feel they can speak up as and when things happen. I have just read an account from Kate Beckinsale about how he treated her after a premier. Not a sexual assault but highly abusive. Going back to your Shatner comment, it is one thing to have sex by consent, another to be raped r bullied into it.

I think you need to read some of the stories from the victims Nick. Hopefully now people will feel they can speak up as and when things happen. I have just read an account from Kate Beckinsale about how he treated her after a premier. Not a sexual assault but highly abusive. Going back to your Shatner comment, it is one thing to have sex by consent, another to be raped r bullied into it.
I hope I have made myself clear , that in no way do I condone rape. it is a disgusting act.

The casting couch has got many an aspiring actress to the top and no doubt prevented truly talented ones who did not go down that route becoming famous

Just reading about Alex Salmond’s alleged behaviour remind me of a middle manager I used to work with a few years ago at the CPS, of all places. He had a long reputation of touching the women up. On one occasion I saw him grab one of the women’s boobs from behind. I asked her if she wanted to report it and said I would be a witness but she just laughed it off and said oh that’s just Tom (name changed, not that it makes any difference. When he retired we found a load of old Mayfair mags in his desk. My wife, who worked with him for over 30 years, told me that he used to grab her friend’s boobs (she is very busty). One day after she had had enough of it, she apparently grabbed him very hard between the legs. He never molested her again!