NZ v England at Wembley

Jeremy

6 hours ago, skintsaint said:

Seems a waste of time for England as not going to get much out of it. If a big win though GS will feel good about himself again.

You wouldn't play your top PL players in case they picked up unnecessary injuries. NZ plays a robust sort of game that often lacks basic skills and is pretty physical ie rough tackling. Probably a sympathy fixture to make up for last year's cricket world cup final. I'm joking people - we got beaten by the rules.

Edited by Jeremy

It'll be 0-0 if England play like they did last week. And really, in these times of restricted travel and playing behind closed doors, plus the inherent risk of contracting Covid 19, plus the possibility of players getting injured......one has to ask what is the point? England will learn absolutely nothing from a game like this and it brings with it unnecessary risks.  

Krissyboy - I hope not as that's over done now and can be embarrassing sometimes.

JRM - agree and also it was a great tournament hosted by the country. Also, again, I was joking.

Saint Keef - totally agree also. I think England are just doing NZ a favour.

Never forget USA v Ingerland 1950 - the score that shocked everyone - a team of part timers beating the Kings of Football 

the report on the telegram when it came through was seen as a miss type England must have won 10-0 or 10-1, didn’t cause much of a hoo-ha in the papers because England had the same day lost in the cricket to the West Indies which was a shock in itself. But then read the link we didn’t batter them when England had a little more about them.

• 1 month later...