Jump to content

Saint Keef

Members
  • Posts

    803
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Saint Keef

  1. The bloke is a living, breathing genius. Sorry - WRONG THREAD. Russell Martin on the other hand is a self-serving, egotistical (extremely rich - due to his various dismissals) annoying twat. I sincerely hope he stays as manager, as I don't think I could stomach him as a pundit on SKY (and you just know it would happen). It's bad enough putting up with the likes of Carragher (or "Mute the TV Carragher" as he is known in my house). Plus, if Saints have a bad day, there's always the RM thread to brighten the day.
  2. It's an old saying I know. The grass isn't always greener....it's just a different shade of green.
  3. Here follows, my detailed match report. Leicester City 0 Oxford United 4 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣Brave! Think I might go over to their chats for a few minutes.
  4. Bye mate. Thanks for.......um.....uh........oh never mind.
  5. I read somewhere that since gaining promotion with us, he has won TWO competetive matches.
  6. He probably said "I badly want to play" as opposed to "I want to play baldy" and it got totally misinterpreted.
  7. RM just been interviewed prior to Ipswich v Leicester. Q "What are you hoping to see after Saturday?" Here is RM's reply "Some joy, some energy, some passion, some fight (and wait for it folks, here it comes) some bravery". It's like a broken record.
  8. Left or right one? Either would be painful 😬
  9. He doesn't need to shout from the touchline. The unblinking, fixed "stare of death" is enough to get his message across.😲
  10. Yeah, I agree and that went well for him....NOT. When we got promoted I really think it was despite him, not because of him. Unfortunately for him he has over acheived in the buisness of bullshit and seriously under acheived in the business of football management.
  11. My money's on Gibson
  12. Once again, the BBC are all over this like a fucking rash. They do love a bit of controvesy. However their so-called researchers didn't seem to be able to find out that the legend, who was Kevin Keegan, played 80 times for Saints. Sorry chaps - needed to get that off my chest. Cheers.
  13. "We've been watching him for a long time" said spokesman for Southampton, Will Salt.
  14. 30 seconds after this, still hungry, and having given the pitch-side diners a big clue, 4 of them ordered 'rice'.
  15. It was evident to me that after only 9 minutes into the World Cup, South Africa had studied carefully, the 'Big Russball Book of Tactics'. Page 1 - Be Brave! Page 2 - Playing out from the back Page 3 - The fine art of tippy-tappy football Page 4 - Fail and repeat Page 5 - The End.
  16. That's good news, if true.
  17. I don't know, but I'm assuming Romeu will be leaving. And again, I don't know, but assume that he has been a role-model and mentor for some of the younger players in the squad, although he didn't get many minutes on the pitch. He clearly thinks highly of Saints. I would say JWP could fill that role and we'd probably get more minutes on the pitch from him, even if he isn't always first choice. I'm generally not a fan of players "going back", but it seems to me this would be a good fit. I also see Jiminez has left Fulham and gone back to Wolves. I wonder where that leaves Adam Armstrong? Obviously he's got a pretty good goal scoring record in the Championship and my guess is, Wolves will keep both Jiminez and Armstrong and that could work out well for them.
  18. Apparently they did try an arsehole transplant, but the arsehole rejected him.
  19. It feels about time that we had some good news. And this will be great news if we can sign him.
  20. He could be an "unpaid" ball boy....handily placed fairly near the half-way line. (Casino - good film by the way)
  21. I'm not a betting man, but assuming the FA don't ban Tonda (and I sincerely hope they don't) what would the odds be now, on Kim "The Loser" Hellberg losing his job next season, long before Tonda ever leaves Saints? If so, watch the whinging Boro lot blame us for that as well. You can just imagine the chat at the breakfast tables (if indeed they eat off tables?) around Middlesbrough if it were to happen..... "Tha fookin' southern scum cheatin' fookin' bastards broke....I say broke, that poor fookin' man, I tell ya'.....like.....pet. Me tears are makin' me fookin' cornflakes soggy like....pet."
  22. Probably not, but could it be the timing of his retirement announcement has coincided with our current situation? Interim? Stop-gap?
  23. .....and it is also reported that, following a meeting with the Right Reverend Rufus Leaking, a certain Mr S Gibson of Muddlesbrough, has made a generous £10m donation to The Church of Latter Day Saints for necessary Church repairs.
  24. Two sweet old ladies have just booked a room there! Edna Clouds and Emma Royds. Detective Inspector Drated (D.I. Drated) and WPC Laura Norder from the Hampshire Constabulary will be attending in the next few days to interview hotel staff about a large scale case of Perverting the Course of Justice. Two senior members of the London Zoo Board of Directors have booked two rooms and a round of golf whilst there: a Mr G Raff and a Mr C Lyons. Mike Rophone and his band are booked to play in the bar area there on Saturday. They recently had a minor hit in the charts with "I'm a Three Time Loser" and finally, a Miss Anita Bush has applied to be a gardener within the grounds. That's yer lot!
  25. I haven't read every post in the preceding 217 pages, although it damn well feels like it! I don't know if this angle has already been raised, and if so, my apologies. Referring to the FA Cup run. Did we spy on Leicester? Did we spy on Fulham? Did we spy on Arsenal? Did we spy on Manchester City. My guess is, we did not, because, again I'm guessing, each of those clubs probably have a more secure training facility than Middlesbrough's two foot high wire fence and a tree. (And in any case, I'm guessing the FA Cup has different "spying" rules than the EFL). Yet we beat Leicester (with basically our second team), we beat Fulham on their patch, we beat the Premier League Champions and Champions League finalists, Arsenal (a night that will never be taken away from me), and we took the mighty serial winners, Manchester City to within 8 minutes of an FA Cup Final (another day that will live long in my memory). Which brings me to my question. If we could perform to such a high standard against that lot, most probably without spying on them, WHY THE FUCK DID WE NEED TO SPY ON THE LIKES OF OXFORD, IPSWICH AND ABOVE ALL, BLOODY MIDDLESBROUGH? AAARRRGGGHHH!!!!!
×
×
  • Create New...