Saint Keef
Members-
Posts
803 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Everything posted by Saint Keef
-
Carragher (I can't understand a word he says......but I'm guessing it bollocks). Should have been sacked anyway. Hinchcliffe co-commentating (I wish I couldn't understand a word he says.....for an ex-player who was as I recall, an average premiership player at best, he comes across so up his own backside with his "I told you so" know it all attitude, anyone would think he was the love child of Messi and Ronaldo in his day). Every time someone scores, it's always someone fault. Seldom is it just a great goal. Roy Keane - mad as a bucket, but I love watching/listening to him. Anyone who can grow a full beard in about 20 minutes gets my vote! Ally McCoist - very good co-commentator. Right amount of enthusiasm and sensible comment - even if he follows every sentence with "it really was". ie "That was a great pass, it really was". "That was a great save, it really was". Anyway, I like him....."I really do". I notice others have started copying him and doing this as well. Lineker is more a presenter that a pundit, but all I can think of to say is,,,,,Arrrrgggghhhh Nooooooo!!!! I can't watch MOTD anymore because of him. Way too Smarmy for my liking. I was never a fan of Gary Neville as a player, but I actually think he's one of the better co-commentators/pundits. Redknapp Junior. Not for me thank you. Maybe it's that obvious family connection. Micah Richards - I wonder if he'd be where he is if City weren't so dominant. He is extremely biased towards them. Shearer - Generally get a level-headed view from him and is critical of The Toon when it is deserved. Jenas........Why? Lee Dixon - Seems about as interesting as a multi-story car park. Alan Smith - actually I find him ok. Never over the top but quite listenable. I didn't see Deeney's finest hour so can't comment. Sounds like it wasn't great. There you go chaps, that's my summary....."it really is".
-
Sooner or later Ipswich are going to falter............oh!
-
Why wait until then?
-
With Wilcox off to Man Utd, RM probably thinks he's in line for the Man Utd job once Ten Hag goes, hence his comments. He's certainly seems arrogant enough to think that. "The Next Pep". Personally I wouldn't be disappointed if he does leave - only my opinion, but I don't like his "tippy tappy" boring style. His arrogant nature, to me anyway, doesn't suit the Southampton way. I admit, I was never a great fan of Steve Cooper at Forest, but the more I think about it, I believe he would be a really good fit at Southampton. He has proved himself in this league, gets the players and supporters on his side, seems tactically astute, plays a more direct and to me, exciting style, works well with the youngsters and doesn't come across as too arrogant and, at the same time, seems a genuine and quite humble guy and for me, more suited to "the Southampton way". To be honest I think Forest pulled the trigger too early with him and may live to regret it. Anyway, that's my thought for the day....he said, waiting to be shot down in flames.
-
Thank you guys for your contributions to this link. I didn't know him and I didn't know about him so I've learned a lot tonight. I do recall that someone was posting here during the Sala incident, who clearly had aviation experience and knowledge. It's good to tie up the loose ends. Thanks again for the posts here and RIP to one of our own.
-
Seems like the light show and firework display has started a tad early.
-
Mate, It's probably worth a fiver just to see Leeds not winning!
-
What are you going to spend your winnings on?...........Oh!
-
Liverpool 3-0 Saints - Match Thread
Saint Keef replied to Stripey McStripe Shirt's topic in The Saints
Right.....based on the fact that "kids never win anything" I've gone for "extreme experience" and our strongest possible line-up..... Saint Garret (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played in goal, but we're only playing a bunch of kids) Hypo - Trousers - Whitey Grandad - Convict Colony CB Fry - Saint Keef (If my knees hold up!) Turkish - Pamplemouse - Holmes & Watson (that maybe two players....they'll never notice) Sue Whistle (sorry mate - no idea if you've ever played as a lone striker, but give it go. We're only playing a bunch of kids) For those of you who didn't make this team, you are still valuable members of the squad and I'm sure your opportunity will come. COME ON YOU SAINTS!!!! -
Liverpool's injury list apparently growing....Not sure how much of a difference it will make when push comes to shove, but I guess every little helps. TAA, Alisson, Curtis Jones, Jota, all pretty long term injuries according to Klopp. They have a Carabao Cup Final to play and then Klopp's priority in his final season surely must be the league. Can he risk any more injuries against Saints in the FA Cup? Time will tell.
-
I thought his composure when he scored against WBA spoke volumes. It was clinical. There are others in our squad who (I believe) would have tried to shoot first time, without taking that extra touch and would have had it blocked or skewed it wide. Anyway, we'll never know, but well done young Brooksie m'lad!
-
Roy Hodgson steps down as Palace manager....with dignity (as always with Roy). Also Michael Beale sacked at Sunderland after 12 games. And Tony Mowbray temporarily stepping away at Birmingham due to health reasons.
-
If they're saying that about JWP, what are they saying about Kalvin Phillips?
-
Luton staying up at the expense of Everton would be.......very satisfactory indeed! Sheff Utd and Burnley look like they'll be the other two to drop.
-
Sorry Toussaint, I was "editing" my post when you replied. I think I may have covered your point. Cheers.
-
Can we get Shane Long back for this one? We'll soak up pressure for 89 minutes, only for Shane to race away and score an unlikely winner in the dying seconds. Meanwhile, somewhere in the Great Beyond, the diminutive figure of Bobby Stokes rushes onto a through ball and neatly slots it home beyond an advancing Alex Stepney in goal. Still meanwhile. Somewhere in the Austrian Alps, a nattily dressed chap (in stylish waistcoat) watches the action unfold on a dodgy ITV feed, and upon hearing the final whistle drops to his knees, weeping at the utter joy of it all. This sort of thing doesn't happen in real life.......or does it? Right - back to bed - the drugs are wearing off.
-
You'll Never Walk Alone.............unless we're losing and then we'll leave a bit earlier.
-
Well spotted with the O'hare Airport, Chicago. My first thought was Saints Legend Terry Plaine was making a comeback. He was a "winger" was he not? It's alright, I've got me coat.
-
Very pleased with this. Good luck to the lad. Whenever I've watched him he has always looked a class act. Nice one Saints!
-
We made up 2 points on each of our biggest rivals this weekend. IMO this is the best result for us in the "long game". I'm not bothered if we're 2nd or 3rd tonight. In 17 matches time is when it will matter and we now have both in our sights....and the closer we get, the more jittery they will both become particularly if Leeds start pressuring them as well. Irrespective of tonight's result though, isn't it a joy to watch these games without bloody VAR.
- 273 replies
-
- 13
-
-
What a tosser he is. I really hope a feather doesn't land on him on his way home. Based on the "agony" he was in when he went over, it'll fucking kill him. Yes there was some contact, but about the same as flicking a cocktail stick at an oak tree. He really is a grade one wankstain.
-
Yeah, totally agree Whelk. Looked awful. I thought Broja didn't look much better either. Lavia finally made it to the Chelsea bench, but I don't think he came on. I've said it before on here, just loan him back to us for the remainder of the season. They are apparently looking to off load some of their midfield so it would make a good fit if he is fit again .....and it wouldn't be to one of their competitors.
-
Strange that Mr Vardy wasn't there. Allegedly has a knee injury.......or did he just not want to meet Mr Rooney following their respective wives court battles. What's the betting on his knee injury having gone by the weekend?
-
It was like watching some of Manchester City's play. When I say "some of Manchester City" I mean Chester City.
