Any builders on here? Need some advice

Huffton

I've got an area of what can only be descibed as wasteland next to my house, so I've decided to bulid a lean to man cave as a project.
Going to be about 6m long by 2.5m wide. A bit unsure about the uprights and how to fix them.
First off I was thinking 5 would be enough? As to fixing them, I was thinking of using metposts but I've heard bad reports about them although they look a fairly simple solution.
Dig holes and postcrete them in? If I did it this way how deep would I need to go given I want it about 2m high, and how easy is would it be then to get them all the same height?
Or do the concrete floor first and bolt post holders to it? THat would solve the level problem but how deep concrete would I need for the bolts not to break out?
Thanks in advance

35 minutes ago, Huffton said:

I've got an area of what can only be descibed as wasteland next to my house, so I've decided to bulid a lean to man cave as a project.
Going to be about 6m long by 2.5m wide. A bit unsure about the uprights and how to fix them.
First off I was thinking 5 would be enough? As to fixing them, I was thinking of using metposts but I've heard bad reports about them although they look a fairly simple solution.
Dig holes and postcrete them in? If I did it this way how deep would I need to go given I want it about 2m high, and how easy is would it be then to get them all the same height?
Or do the concrete floor first and bolt post holders to it? THat would solve the level problem but how deep concrete would I need for the bolts not to break out?
Thanks in advance

Planning permission?

15 hours ago, Huffton said:

Thanks in advance

To be blunt it sounds like you don’t have a clue what you’re doing so get someone in or you’ll fuck it up.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Go on YouTube.  You should find some ideas there.  Agree with FFF - do it properly and don't rush it or bodge it.  The previous owner of our house had built his own extension and we had to sort a number of things out where he hadn't done them properly - a builder friend of mine did check it out before we bought the house so we knew about them.  Main issue will be making sure that it doesn't leak from where it is attached to the side of the house.