Eric Hassli

Dusic

Many will fondly recall his loan spell in 2002.

He has recently turned 40 and has seemingly been retired for a few years since playing for San Antonio Scorpians and the Las Vegas Legends (Infoor) team.

Has anyone seen or heard from the Hass recently, or know what he is up to?

spacer.png

10 hours ago, Turkish said:

When I think back the 2002 era one of the first things I think of is Eric Hassli. Great memories of a glorious era, such a shame he never got a chance.

We missed out not getting him on the pitch, but the scouting department should take a lot of credit for unearthing the lad.

Along with BWP Saints have had a key role in the development of two MLS MVPs.

Edited by Dusic

Strange, I don’t ever remember him joining on loan. I remember him playing in a friendly as a trialist at The Dell against Le Havre. (As I’m typing it, I’m starting to remember an England U21’s game @ The Dell so might be getting it all mixed up - think Beattie played) 

It's a toss up between him and Cosimo Sarli as to the greatest striker who never made the grade with us*

Honouroable mention to Andrei Peroplotkin or whatever his name was as well.

* as opposed to Oliver Bierhoff, or Drogba as the greatest striker we didn't sign

13 hours ago, Turkish said:

When I think back the 2002 era one of the first things I think of is Eric Hassli. Great memories of a glorious era, such a shame he never got a 

I have a vague memory of him taking a shot and it ending up in the Northam car park. God knows what match that was though.

Edited by Katalinic

2 hours ago, Dusic said:

We missed out not getting him on the pitch, but the scouting department should take a lot of credit for unearthing the lad.

Along with BWP Saints have had a key role in the development of two MLS MVPs.

I've never heard of him, but that was an amazing goal.