The Road to Victory?

malcolm waldron

I need some advice from well travelled road users as my evening game experience is pretty grim usually.  I'n travelling down the A34 and will typically loop round the M27 heading east and, leave at the Bursledon exit and go over the Itchen bridge.  This is a long way round the city but the motorway usually is free flowing.   

Can anyone offer a better quicker route without massive jams?  Some ask i know!  There's obviously the airport junction or The Avenue but I don't know how these are typically during evening matches or where best to park if coming in one of these.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Corbyn said:

Not meaning to sound facetious but is there any reason you wouldn't take public transport?  Get a training in and walk down.  I always prefer that to trying to drive in on a busy evening.

if you had ever tried getting home after a night evening game using a train to anywhere other than a local station you wouldnt ask that question i guess.

1 hour ago, malcolm waldron said:

I need some advice from well travelled road users as my evening game experience is pretty grim usually.  I'n travelling down the A34 and will typically loop round the M27 heading east and, leave at the Bursledon exit and go over the Itchen bridge.  This is a long way round the city but the motorway usually is free flowing.   

Can anyone offer a better quicker route without massive jams?  Some ask i know!  There's obviously the airport junction or The Avenue but I don't know how these are typically during evening matches or where best to park if coming in one of these.

I am very out of touch because I now live back in the city.  But 6 years ago when I used to drive in from Romsey direction, I used to get off junction 7 and come in over Northam Bridge. It was always pretty straightforward - use to get free parking outside the methodist church and get away quickly too. (And before it's asked, I lived in a village with no public transport apart from 2-3 buses a day)