Saints 2-0 Norwich - Match Thread

SuperSAINT

2 minutes ago, bangkoksaint said:

Best station for Villa Park to get away after the game? It’s serviced by two stations - Witton and Aston. Hopefully that’s clearer!!

I go to Witton. There are queues, but it's never taken too long to get on a train.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I've just read a few pages of this thread to remind me of what we are capable of playing like. Same squad and manager, 1 loss in 11 at that point of the season ! Not the most convincing score against Norwich but a good performance and came soon after the Man U draw and spurs away win. Things soon turned sour away at Villa and we have never recovered the winter form.

We should have played Newcastle and Burnley during our purple patch as well when they were at rock bottom form wise (covidgate) which could have made the end of the season more comfortable but lost to both later during our bad run.

This was the 'performance' that had some worrying signs looking looking back.

I thought we were pretty ponderous in attack most of the night, and only through Norwich's ineptness did we get the win. We flagged through that game, and coasted. We could do that because Norwich were so, so shit but sadly we carried that costing/flagging in the following games against better teams and there our season ended.

1 hour ago, S-Clarke said:

This was the 'performance' that had some worrying signs looking looking back.

I thought we were pretty ponderous in attack most of the night, and only through Norwich's ineptness did we get the win. We flagged through that game, and coasted. We could do that because Norwich were so, so shit but sadly we carried that costing/flagging in the following games against better teams and there our season ended.

Norwich was the one where I thought Ralph's tactics had now been sussed by everyone. So, if I'm noticing it, then it was happening a bit before that.