University Project

JH00

Hi, 

I am a final year student at Leeds Beckett University. I am currently working on a project looking at the views of Premier League fans on the competitive state of the league, and weather they would like to see any changes made to combat this.

I apologise for the intrusion, as I am not a Saints fan myself, but I would like to gain insight from Southampton F.C fans on the matter. If anyone could spare a few minutes to compete my questionnaire, it would be greatly appreciated. 

The link is here:

https://leedsbeckettsport.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6AmOuWTtTnmd8LY

Thank you.

It would seem as though it's looking to find out if we think US salary caps and equitable funding across all Premier League clubs is the way to go.

I didn't see a questions on removing relegation completely, franchises, how MSL clubs have umpteen ways of skipping past yearly caps, looking to increase the number of Champions League spots open to English clubs, or adoption of other ownership/ funding models.

11 hours ago, JH00 said:

Hi, 

I am a final year student at Leeds Beckett University. I am currently working on a project looking at the views of Premier League fans on the competitive state of the league, and weather they would like to see any changes made to combat this.

I apologise for the intrusion, as I am not a Saints fan myself, but I would like to gain insight from Southampton F.C fans on the matter. If anyone could spare a few minutes to compete my questionnaire, it would be greatly appreciated. 

The link is here:

https://leedsbeckettsport.eu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6AmOuWTtTnmd8LY

Thank you.

:mcinnes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Completed it, but the survey seems far too simplistic. Would English football be fairer if there was a salary cap? Probably. Would this be completely detrimental to the English game if European clubs didn’t adopt a salary cap? Also, probably.

Made a start and gave up.  The survey was heavily skewed in favour of the US salary cap model which I dont ever want to see.  Reminded me of a clip from Yes Prime Minister on opinion polls

Leading Questions - Yes Prime Minister - YouTube

For me the biggest issue in English football at the moment is irresponsible owners - not always the rich ones.  Supporters of Derby, Macclesfield, Bury, Coventry, Brighton, Wimbledon, Darlington etc have all suffered or are suffering as a result.  Especially where the ownership of the ground is separated from the club.  The fit and proper ownership checks are inadequate  

• Like 1

Unlike US sports, the EPL doesn't exist in a vacuum. US American Football and Baseball is a closed system with no international competition. The EPL teams need to compete within Champions League etc so unless restrictions are applied across UEFA then we would lose out and become a back water, losing players to higher paying leagues, losing advertising and sponsors - bit like Brexit... (runs and hides)

21 hours ago, Charlie Wayman said:

Poorly constructed questionnaire, too many assumptions, too many leading questions.

Have to agree, it's too polarised, two things can be true at once. Success has to be rewarded, equally distributing wealth to poorly run clubs is the opposite of fair in my opinion. Something does need to be done, but complete equalisation isn't the answer for the premier league, or anything else for that matter.