Djenepo

st_tommy

Very happy about this, Moussa has earned this contract extension in my opinion. He has started the season strongly playing at left back. I think with Romain back to full fitness, he will return to a more attacking position in the front three. At 24, he's got a lot more room for development :)

• Like 2

Deserves his contract. I’d like to see him do it for longer but at the same time, he’s still only young, he’s done well this season, and seems like a very popular member of the squad, can’t imagine he’s the most expensive of players to keep either. Got value. Glad he’s signed an extension. 

KWP and Adams next please. 🤞

• Like 2

He's done well this season but a new three-year deal based on a handful of improved performances at LB seems a little rash, IMO. For the majority of his time here he's been disappointing and if we genuinely have ambitions of becoming a top-half team again, we need to be looking for better. That being said, I can understand the reasoning behind keeping him in the squad, but only if the plan is for him to be a backup option (who can cover a number of positions).

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Saint Garrett said:

Deserves his contract. I’d like to see him do it for longer but at the same time, he’s still only young, he’s done well this season, and seems like a very popular member of the squad, can’t imagine he’s the most expensive of players to keep either. Got value. Glad he’s signed an extension. 

KWP and Adams next please. 🤞

Salisu too., I can imagine We will likely see Ely next though.

Hope he kicks on from here, because overall he has been pretty frustrating during the previous three years. He's still young though, so maybe this is his time to blossom. The one thing he does have is the ability to beat a man. We need to see him do that week in week out, not once every three months. We are always desperate for players that can dribble,  create something from nothing and be a genuine threat to opponents.  He needs to be one of those guys.  

2 hours ago, Turkish said:

Lets hope not, but Ralph seems to like him. 

TBF i like Ely too, Can cover both Wing/10 positions.. Although he isn't typically exciting to watch or Quick enough sadly with his decision making.. He is a work horse, And players like that are invaluable.. Lets not forget last year he was one of our best players.. Even better that Stuey in that 10 role.

Did we offer him a contract based on a couple of ''good efforts'' at wing back?

He was back in his supposed natural position tonight, as a wide attacker, and that 2nd half was as bad as I've ever seen a footballer play.

We've done some good things in recent years, but contracts for the likes of this guy and Theo just border on daft.

• Like 2

Just now, jimmysaint7 said:

Why single out a player who wasn't the worst for us? Shall we talk about how shit jwp was? So many negative backwards  passes 

Because he's been pretty crap for us since day 1, and I'm confused as to why he has a new contract that's all.

Not singleing him out, JWP had the best disasterclass I've ever seen.

47 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

Because he's been pretty crap for us since day 1, and I'm confused as to why he has a new contract that's all.

Not singleing him out, JWP had the best disasterclass I've ever seen.

I think the most concerning part of the new contract was Ralph saying he is a good guy to have in the dressing room. Couldn't give a shit if he puts the soap in the showers and makes the half time tea. What he produces on the field is what matters, and that's been pretty lacking. Absolute trouble with our club, we reward average players with new deals because they are good to have around.

• Like 1