Pick the three WORST players from our past…

Lighthouse

… who you think would actually improve us right now. Wishing we had Mané, Tadic and Virgil is too easy, which spectacularly average names from days gone by would you probably take if offered?

I’ll go for:

• Jason Puncheon
  • David Prutton
  • Rudi Skacel

9 minutes ago, Lighthouse said:

… who you think would actually improve us right now. Wishing we had Mané, Tadic and Virgil is too easy, which spectacularly average names from days gone by would you probably take if offered?

I’ll go for:

• Jason Puncheon
  • David Prutton
  • Rudi Skacel

Nathan Redmond, Gregor Rasiak and Dean Hammond

Edited by Lee On Solent Saint
missing word

I'm taking this far too seriously but I've also thought about how I'd fit them in the team to make us better. Worrying how easy it is to improve areas of our team! I'd take Kenwyne Jones, Paul Jones and (finally living up to my username) the mighty Fabrice Fernandes. Our midfield, when set up as a three with JWP and Lavia sitting and Alcaraz pushing on should be good enough to do a job, and our back 4 doesn't look so bad with a keeper behind to organise them and save some shots. We obviously need actual goals so I'd play with KWP and Perraud overlapping (knowing JWP and Lavia are helping cover) and Sulemana and Fernandes both cutting in. Use Jones as a leggy target man up top who can actually finish and we might get the ball into the box and create things from open play.

Jones

KWP-ABK-Bednarek-Perraud

JWP-Lavia-Alcaraz

Fernandes-Jones-Sulemana.

Other option is the obvious choices of Olivier Bernard, Quashie and Redknapp...

Elia, bar that Newcastle game he was pretty naff, but he'd still be better than Elyounoussi today.

Shane Long - ok, fair to say he wasn't shockingly bad for us, but it shows up our recruitment that I'd rather have him than Adam Armstrong right now.

Redmond - wasn't ever his biggest fan, but I'd give anything to have him starting in front of Ely or Armstrong right now. Again, shows up our shocking recruitment that we've managed to move on deadwood but actually made ourselves weaker in the process.

58 minutes ago, The Cat said:

Mark Paul, Olivier Bernard and Stig Johansson.

Can't take Bernard tbh, as limited as Perraud is, he doesn't wander into the Chapel stand midway through the game on numerous occasions. 

Edited by S-Clarke
  • Haha 1

Three worst? EASY.. those three who cost the club enormous sums of money in signing-on fees and huge salaries.

Dani Osvaldo,  Gaston Ramirez  and ... "what'is name"  Carrillo. .. between them gave the club a loss of  around 80 million pounds.

Money that should / should have been better-invested elsewhere.