“Support” last night

Pat from Poole

2 hours ago, franniesTache said:

Something other than the fact he was a season ticket holder at portsmouth, born in a PO postcode, a matchday mascot for them who said andy awford was his favourite player, and said their 2010 fa cup win was the best day in his life? I mean if that's not a skate i don't know what is?

His choice of club says otherwise, must have been tough to choose between the two given his background but he made the right decision in the end. So I think we'll have to agree to disagree. Decent guy too by all accounts. I think it would be unfair to denigrate the likes of Channon or Stokes with the skate label too, for what it's worth.

To bring it back closer to topic, my analysis is that "he used to be a skate but he's alright now".

Class tonight imo. Or class relative to the last couple of years at least.

Still a fair bit of the shitty library type songs but largely came during lulla rather repeatedly early on which is more acceptable to me.

A good amount of variety by our standards too. Was good to hear a few loud renditions of "oh Southampton we love you" don't think I heard one at Bristol 

10 minutes ago, gammon cheeks said:

WERE THE RED AND THE WHITE OF ST MARYS

WERE THE RED AND THE WHITE I SAY

WERE THE RED AND THE WHITE OF ST MARYS

PLAYING FOOTBALL SOUTHAMPTONS WAY

Smashed this out in front of my tv last night .....the place was rocking 🕺:adore:

On 15/02/2024 at 11:42, franniesTache said:

Something other than the fact he was a season ticket holder at portsmouth, born in a PO postcode, a matchday mascot for them who said andy awford was his favourite player, and said their 2010 fa cup win was the best day in his life? I mean if that's not a skate i don't know what is?

Someone who has played 350 games for Southampton and was part of the club for twenty years - basically since he was primary school age.

And his face has been all over the city, including on the front of the stadium. Massive figure in Saints recent history, since our Adkins promotion.

Obviously not a "skate", just the usual "aCKShuaLLy jAmiE cArRagHeR sUPpoRtS eVeRToN" garbage.

His family is from Portsmouth, who gives a fuck?

Very good last night. Lots of singing, and everyone joining in. 

A new one for Mara and the Walker Peters one sung more than normal.

I liked the "just the one, just the one game unbeaten" chant at the end.

• Like 2

On 17/02/2024 at 09:32, The Cat said:

Very good last night. Lots of singing, and everyone joining in. 

A new one for Mara and the Walker Peters one sung more than normal.

I liked the "just the one, just the one game unbeaten" chant at the end.

Credit to those who started that.

Thought it was a shame we might have lost that from the songbook.

Friday was the best support at an away game for some time, perhaps being a Friday everyone was up for it, as opposed to Ashton Gate which felt like a midweek chore for some.

Agree that Football in a Library is tedious, and you can add the 'you're e a shit Wolverhampton/Bristol Rovers' to that as well. 

40 minutes ago, Badger said:

Friday was the best support at an away game for some time, perhaps being a Friday everyone was up for it, as opposed to Ashton Gate which felt like a midweek chore for some.

Agree that Football in a Library is tedious, and you can add the 'you're e a shit Wolverhampton/Bristol Rovers' to that as well. 

Add the ten more years in league one bollocks to that - but Friday night was a great night out even if it was in West Bromwich