On this day

sfc8

6 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

On this (yester)day 1975 we lost at home to Bolton 0-1 in the old second division.

I think Jim McCalliog made his debut for us in that game.

will check later 

6 hours ago, east-stand-nic said:

On this (yester)day 1975 we lost at home to Bolton 0-1 in the old second division.

Bolton were a horrible club to play against in those days in Div 2. We tried to play good football under Lawrie but they seemed a team of cloggers.

Not sure we beat them over the next few years, both clubs getting promoted in 1978.

From the game you mention, they scored on the break against the run of play (something to get used to for the years ahead). Other recollection was the big plodding centre half just heading everything away or hoofing it upfield. Big twat with a moustache. One Sam Allardyce esq. ( never liked the prick after those second division tussles). 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dark Munster said:

aaaaa.gif

VAR panel decided there was an infringement just before that clip so play will have to be pulled back.

Only problem being most of the players have since pegged it.

a notable game in our history as the nod down from Gudio Carillo was his only significant contribution he gave for his £20m fee. Despite joining us with a reputation as a goal every other game player one assist was all he did for us. 

54 minutes ago, Turkish said:

https://twitter.com/saints_analysis/status/1762223771480371649?s=46

who was there? I was in the Milton and the ground emptied after Bolton’s injury time goal, only for everyone to surge back in 1 minute later. Atmosphere was incredible, a great cup tie which had a bit of everything, a packed cup tie crowd Dell under lights was something else. 

I was behind the goal when that shot went in. It moved all over the place before hitting the net.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Whitey Grandad said:

I was behind the goal when that shot went in. It moved all over the place before hitting the net.

keeper should have had it. Baz would have been crucified 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkish said:

https://twitter.com/saints_analysis/status/1762223771480371649?s=46

who was there? I was in the Milton and the ground emptied after Bolton’s injury time goal, only for everyone to surge back in 1 minute later. Atmosphere was incredible, a great cup tie which had a bit of everything, a packed cup tie crowd Dell under lights was something else. 

Same for me. Almost to the top of the Milton concourse, just stopped in time to hear the cheer go up. Mass bundle to get back down again after the goal.

• Like 1