Football Manager 2025 - A new era!

Football Manager 2025 is bringing some huge changes! Can't complain this year is simply a 'data update'!

The biggest one that will make the most difference is that Football Manager will no longer be made using an in house engine. Instead it will use all the benefits of the Unity game engine, which will see huge advances in the user interface and the match graphics. Womens football is also making its debut, so you can manage Southampton's men and womens teams.

Plus, for the first time ever Sports Interactive have the licence for the Premier League! They already have the EFL and UEFA licences.

Probably the most I've looked forward to an FM game for years, maybe ever. Don't think you can underestimate how much a difference the Unity Engine is going to make to the match engine graphics. Graphically this is going to feel pretty immersive.

I assume it'll still be aiming for the Nov release, can't wait for the beta.

47 minutes ago, S-Clarke said:

I assume it'll still be aiming for the Nov release, can't wait for the beta.

It'll be similar to recent games. Late Oct/early Nov.

Using Unity will make a huge difference, there will be a big leap in graphics compared to using the current in house engine as they have done for the last 30 years. 

On 15/06/2024 at 15:32, skintsaint said:

Not much of an update for my playstyle, don't play with 3D graphics and download all the kits/badges etc anyway, and women's football 😅

Will wait for the big 75% sale again.

The entire game is being re-written for Unity. Not just the 3D graphics.

For all those that complain each year is a data update... this one certainly isn't.

This is the closest to a sequel you will get. It is essentially Football Manager 2!

• 2 weeks later...