Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted

I’m sure there’s some on here that like the occasional game, whether it be Football Manager, Call of Duty, Lego Batman, whatever…

What are some of your favourite memories?

What do you like about some current games?

What don’t you like?

Posted
3 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

I’m sure there’s some on here that like the occasional game, whether it be Football Manager, Call of Duty, Lego Batman, whatever…

What are some of your favourite memories?

What do you like about some current games?

What don’t you like?

Championsip Manager: managing Kidderminster Harriers to being champions of Europe, playing 6-3-1 defensive, with 35 year old Alan Shearer as front man.

Posted (edited)

Championship / Football Manager definitely. But last season offering was abysmal.

Gran Tourismo is a favourite. A friend is very into this and very good.

some games are just expansive these days, and require full time attention.

like the direction of most consumer electronics, the next gen systems will be horrifically expensive and will probably turn people away. But the big companies want us to move away from owning this kind of stuff.

Edited by AlexLaw76
Posted (edited)

Still playing FM 24. Love it. My current save started in the Japanese 3rd Divison when the game came out.... Three years ago! Clearly savouring it as it's taken that long to get to 2042, now managing Real Madrid.

Don't have time for much gaming now. The last one I managed to play through was Final Fantasy 7 Remake during covid, would love to have a go at Final Fantasy 7 Rebirth but I cannot justify 100 hours on a game. Just too much going on. A shame, as Final Fantasy 7 was 'the' game that caught my imagination during childhood.

I still dabble a bit with Mass Effect 1, 2 and 3. That's very much my equivalent of a 'comfort' game. Know it, love it... Switch off and go with it. 

Racing games still engage. Gran Turismo 7 I play a little now and then.

Did stretch to buying Star Trek Voyager; Across the Unknown. Nice bit of strategy without being too time consuming, a chapter takes about 20-35 minutes. 

Edited by Colinjb
Posted
3 hours ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Championship / Football Manager definitely. But last season offering was abysmal.

Gran Tourismo is a favourite. A friend is very into this and very good.

some games are just expansive these days, and require full time attention.

like the direction of most consumer electronics, the next gen systems will be horrifically expensive and will probably turn people away. But the big companies want us to move away from owning this kind of stuff.

Such a favourite you can't spell it properly?

Posted
5 hours ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

Rollercoaster Tycoon was incredible as a teenager, especially after going to a theme park and you’d come back with all the energy to try and recreate it 😂

Are you boasting to your bros about how many kills you got on Fortnite bro?

Posted

Never played Fortnite, don’t really get all that.

Always been a FIFA (FC), Football Manager and Call of Duty guy.

Don’t play like I used to but it’s nice to have some downtime when at home, especially going into the winter when it’s cold and wet outside.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

Never played Fortnite, don’t really get all that.

Always been a FIFA (FC), Football Manager and Call of Duty guy.

Don’t play like I used to but it’s nice to have some downtime when at home, especially going into the winter when it’s cold and wet outside.

Did you shout into your headset to your bros?

don’t be such a fucking pussy there’s loads of stuff you can do in the evening  during the winter. Go to the gym, become a padel wanker, learn a language, to cook or an instrument, post on here. Gaming for anyone over 20 is tragic 

Edited by Turkish
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

Have you got some kind of weird obsession or issue with me?

I’m trying to help you. Imagine a Monday at work. What did you do this weekend? 
you can answer

smashed a couple of workouts, played padel, spent a couple of ours learning Spanish, met some mate for a couple of pints and went for long walk and lunch, had a few bird check me out as I’m look good these days due to my workout routine 

or

Stayed in Played call of duty and won the champions league with Maidstone on FM26

which one is better?

Edited by Turkish
Posted
3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

I’m trying to help you. Imagine a Monday at work. What did you do this weekend? 
you can answer

smashed a couple of workouts, played padel, spent a couple of ours learning Spanish, met some mate for a couple of pints and went for long walk and lunch, had a few bird check me out as I’m look good these days due to my workout routine 

or

Stayed in Played call of duty and won the champions league with Maidstone on FM26

which one is better?

I mean in a nutshell, I flew back from the US, went out for dinner and returned to work yesterday, worked again today and will be for the next two days.

I’m happily married and have been for almost three years so don’t particular care how I look to others as long as we’re happy, comfortable and healthy.

Nothing wrong with having some downtime on a game as I previously mentioned when the weather is shit or it’s minus ten outside.

Equally, there are many out there that enjoy the odd gaming session, it’s not h healthy to delve into once in a while, I would never want to be one of those people that do it for a living, that’s just too obsessive.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

I mean in a nutshell, I flew back from the US, went out for dinner and returned to work yesterday, worked again today and will be for the next two days.

I’m happily married and have been for almost three years so don’t particular care how I look to others as long as we’re happy, comfortable and healthy.

Nothing wrong with having some downtime on a game as I previously mentioned when the weather is shit or it’s minus ten outside.

Equally, there are many out there that enjoy the odd gaming session, it’s not h healthy to delve into once in a while, I would never want to be one of those people that do it for a living, that’s just too obsessive.

First problem. You’re already going down the don’t care what I look like route. It’s a dangerous road to take. You might not but she will. Imagine in 5 years time you carry on with that attitude. You dress like Shit because you don’t care, you’ve put 2 Stone on. Suddenly she stops wanting you anywhere near her, she’s always got a headache or tired. The truth is she doesn’t want your obese, vile, scruffy body anywhere near her. Nip it in the bud NOW before it’s too late. Or itll only end one way. 
 

2Nd problem. Your choice of downtime. It involves being shut away, on your own not engaging or developing. Down time should be out in the fresh air, or with friends doing something to build relationships or develop yourself not moving players around on a screen winning a match on a screen to give you the dopamine hit that fools you into thinking everything is fine. Does anyone care you knocked Bayern Munich out of the champions league on a computer game? You might think it’s a great achievement but the rest of the world is thinking why the fuck is this guy wasting time of this shit?

5 years from now you’ll be a fat, scruffy, lazy bloke with an unhappy marriage and a whole load of thinking about why is everything so shit. Put down the console And got out and doing something more interesting instead 

Edited by Turkish
  • Haha 2
Posted

Turkish is right in the gaming is a bit geeky. However, I like it to a point (and I like going to keep fit also).

As said further up, a pal of mine is very (very) good at Sim Racing games. So much so it has pretty much paid for a double-story extension to his house. He gets called a geek all the time, but for the pennies it can bring in for him he takes it.

 

  • Like 1
Posted
29 minutes ago, Turkish said:

First problem. You’re already going down the don’t care what I look like route. It’s a dangerous road to take. You might not but she will. Imagine in 5 years time you carry on with that attitude. You dress like Shit because you don’t care, you’ve put 2 Stone on. Suddenly she stops wanting you anywhere near her, she’s always got a headache or tired. The truth is she doesn’t want your obese, vile, scruffy body anywhere near her. Nip it in the bud NOW before it’s too late. Or itll only end one way. 
 

2Nd problem. Your choice of downtime. It involves being shut away, on your own not engaging or developing. Down time should be out in the fresh air, or with friends doing something to build relationships or develop yourself not moving players around on a screen winning a match on a screen to give you the dopamine hit that fools you into thinking everything is fine. Does anyone care you knocked Bayern Munich out of the champions league on a computer game? You might think it’s a great achievement but the rest of the world is thinking why the fuck is this guy wasting time of this shit?

5 years from now you’ll be a fat, scruffy, lazy bloke with an unhappy marriage and a whole load of thinking about why is everything so shit. Put down the console And got out and doing something more interesting instead 

Where has this anger come from? 😂

Re-read this thread. Wow. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Posted
53 minutes ago, Turkish said:

Did you shout into your headset to your bros?

don’t be such a fucking pussy there’s loads of stuff you can do in the evening  during the winter. Go to the gym, become a padel wanker, learn a language, to cook or an instrument, post on here. Gaming for anyone over 20 is tragic 

He's not doing anything with an instrument, after the lasting damage from being a padel wanker. 🙂

Posted
18 minutes ago, AlexLaw76 said:

Turkish is right in the gaming is a bit geeky. However, I like it to a point (and I like going to keep fit also).

As said further up, a pal of mine is very (very) good at Sim Racing games. So much so it has pretty much paid for a double-story extension to his house. He gets called a geek all the time, but for the pennies it can bring in for him he takes it.

 

I play similar level - as mentioned a few times above.

In my spare time I also play football at least once a week, sometimes twice if wifey is working late.

I’m very comfortable going out for walks and spend most of my days on my feet due to the nature of the job I do.

The gym has never appealed to me, I was never built for anything upper body so play football and on occasion play pickleball.

Gaming is purely for killing a few hours if it’s wet.

Posted
2 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

I play similar level - as mentioned a few times above.

In my spare time I also play football at least once a week, sometimes twice if wifey is working late.

I’m very comfortable going out for walks and spend most of my days on my feet due to the nature of the job I do.

The gym has never appealed to me, I was never built for anything upper body so play football and on occasion play pickleball.

Gaming is purely for killing a few hours if it’s wet.

I remember a couple of years ago when a few of us were attending a mutual pal's stag do. He logged on to stream his racing for a couple of hours during the late afternoon before getting ready to go out and pocketed about £150 (via in-stream donations) for the pleasure. It is madness and has grown since then. He has even been in a race with Max Verstappen.

But then the wider gig is, by a significant margin, the biggest entertainment industry going.

 

Posted
8 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

Where has this anger come from? 😂

Re-read this thread. Wow. 🤷🏻‍♂️

 No anger, no anger whatsoever. I’m trying to help you. I’m trying to stop your life spiralling down the plug hole with you unable to stop it. You say I have a problem with you. The problem I have with you is I see potential and i see all that potential wasted. You are becoming part of the generation that is the going to be the missing generation. Men used to go to war they used to go to boxing gyms go to the pub, play sport now they sit in room on their consoles getting fat and lazy and wonder why their life is falling apart every R1 + X skill move at a time 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Turkish said:

 No anger, no anger whatsoever. I’m trying to help you. I’m trying to stop your life spiralling down the plug hole with you unable to stop it. You say I have a problem with you. The problem I have with you is I see potential and i see all that potential wasted. You are becoming part of the generation that is the going to be the missing generation. Men used to go to war they used to go to boxing gyms go to the pub, play sport now they sit in room on their consoles getting fat and lazy and wonder why their life is falling apart every R1 + X skill move at a time 

I’ve messaged you directly Turkish. 👍🏻

Posted
9 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

I play similar level - as mentioned a few times above.

In my spare time I also play football at least once a week, sometimes twice if wifey is working late.

I’m very comfortable going out for walks and spend most of my days on my feet due to the nature of the job I do.

The gym has never appealed to me, I was never built for anything upper body so play football and on occasion play pickleball.

Gaming is purely for killing a few hours if it’s wet.

 You’re never going to develop upper body strength tapping away on a PS controller! You really want to be that guy that can’t carry the shopping to the car and have to ask another guy to help you, whilst your missus looks at you wishing you were like him? You’re only a few years away from that. 

  • Haha 1
Posted
20 minutes ago, Willo of Whiteley said:

I’ve messaged you directly Turkish. 👍🏻

Was it a declaration of war? Because men used to do that as an alternative to boxing, pubs and playing sport apparently. 🙂

Posted
4 minutes ago, Holmes_and_Watson said:

Was it a declaration of war? Because men used to do that as an alternative to boxing, pubs and playing sport apparently. 🙂

Now they consider success to be winning a computer game or justify their shit day on their sleep score 

Posted
13 hours ago, Turkish said:

and wonder why their life is falling apart every R1 + X skill move at a time 

What a noob. 
 

Skill moves are right stick. 

Posted

I hear Turkish likes to watch Game of Thrones when he needs to decompress. Marvels at how real the dragons look

Posted

I fully appreciate Turkish is being tongue in cheek and amusing but also each to their own. It’s why kids get bullied at school as kids can’t tolerate differences 

Posted
23 minutes ago, whelk said:

I fully appreciate Turkish is being tongue in cheek and amusing but also each to their own. It’s why kids get bullied at school as kids can’t tolerate differences 

Sad tales like the CrossFit kid being left trapped under a pile of dungeons and dragons manuals. 🙂

Posted
3 hours ago, whelk said:

I hear Turkish likes to watch Game of Thrones when he needs to decompress. Marvels at how real the dragons look

Fucking Game of Thrones FFS the 20s Star Trek. Probably popular amongst gamers!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...