Thomas and Svensson

chivvy1664

Thing about Thomas is, if he isn't being sold, why isn't he involved?

He's a very competent playet at this level, though we did pay way too much.

Thomas isn't playing because he's crap. He isn't being sold because no bugger in there right mind would pay anything like what we paid for him.

Perry is better.

Thomas isn't playing because he's crap. He isn't being sold because no bugger in there right mind would pay anything like what we paid for him.

Perry is better.

maybe, but since he's on the payroll, and is surely a competent player at this level, how can we afford to not have him at least on the bench?

I too would like to see Thomas and Svensson together at the heart of the defence , but his total absence from the team in the first 3 games is a clear enough indication that he's either not fancied or (more likely) he's up for transfer along with Euell , Skacel etc .

Some on here seem to be suffering from a short memory , Wayne Thomas has had his fair share of good performances for this club alongside Andrew Davies last season . IMO technicly Thomas is at least the equal of Chris Perry and in light of their relative ages a much better long term prospect .

I know Perry ****ed up on Saturday for their first goal, but Thomas makes a lot of mistakes IMO. His positional play is also poor. The more I see of him the worse he gets.

Not seen a lot of Thomas, but if his positional play is poor then playing alongside Svensson could be exactly what he needs - its pretty similar to Claus before he started his partnership with Svensson. (and Claus also made plenty of mistakes!!)

Perry and Svensson look quite decent together. For his size, Perry wins sh*t loads of headers.

Also, you can't have two CBs who are aggressive - if they both lunge for a player, there's no back up. That's why Svensson and Claus were so good together - Claus could mop up afterwards.

Perry and Svensson look quite decent together. For his size, Perry wins sh*t loads of headers.

Also, you can't have two CBs who are aggressive - if they both lunge for a player, there's no back up. That's why Svensson and Claus were so good together - Claus could mop up afterwards.

Totally agree. The balance of Svensson and Perry has much more balance. In my eyes, Thomas is cover for Svensson as he's in the same mould, albeit there worlds apart quality-wise.

I don't think JP rates Thomas at all. With Davies leaving, Thomas must have thought he would have had a good chance of getting into the side, given Perry's age and Killer's troublesome knee.

After Davies' departure, the speed with which the JP commented in the Echo that he was looking for another CB and then subsequently snapped up Cork, to me, says that he simpy doesn't fancy Thomas.

If he's looking for footballers who can play it out from the back, then I really don't think Thomas fits the mould. He's big and agressive, but his positional play sometimes lets him down and he's not that great on the ball.

I would imagine Thomas to be 4th choice CB, possibly even fifth behind Wotton / Morgan.

If anyone came in for him (which I doubt they will) he'd be off like a shot!

Thomas demonstrated what he was against Stoke, a useless *****.

I think you could have said Thomas demonstrated what he was against Stoke, a useless £1million *****

Another of George's wonder buys

I did think our luck had changed when I read

Pompey seal permanent Thomas deal on BBC Sport

Onlt to learn it was someone else

Edited by John B