Can Watford use Greg against us?

Crouchie's Lawyer

Im sure in the dark depths of this miserable board it may have been mentioned, but I fear if I read through every post in an attempt to find it, I may want to kill myself with all this doom and gloom here recently.

So I will just ask the question, hoping someone can answer it.

With Greg loaned to Watford (with a view to a permenant deal), when we play them, is he allowed to play against us?

Im sure the answer is no, but just wanted to check.

If he does end up playing against Saints then I will be very annoyed at the Club's stupidity but Danny has made a good point and its most likely he will.

Why will it be the clubs stupidity? Contracts are signed and sometimes you have to except the terms whether it's in your favour or not.

That information was not disclosed so no one can answer your question with any certainty . It's seems to be common practice that loan players don't actually play against the club that holds their registration - and that's the closest you going to get to a proper answer .

I remember one of the last high profile cases involving a loan player scoring against his parent club and that was Lualua for the Skates against Newcastle in 2004. Bobby Robson was fuming about it after. I can't think of any other cases since then.

I remember one of the last high profile cases involving a loan player scoring against his parent club and that was Lualua for the Skates against Newcastle in 2004. Bobby Robson was fuming about it after. I can't think of any other cases since then.

Is "fuming" more or less bothered than being "annoyed"?

That information was not disclosed so no one can answer your question with any certainty . It's seems to be common practice that loan players don't actually play against the club that holds their registration - and that's the closest you going to get to a proper answer .

Some times it is left to the player's discression, Chris Lucketti is a good example, under the terms of his loan deal he was eligible to playfor us in the final game of last season, a match which potentially could have seen Sheff Utd into the play offs and us relegated. Lucketti opted to declare himself unavailable for the match to avoid a conflict of interests.

Why will it be the clubs stupidity? Contracts are signed and sometimes you have to except the terms whether it's in your favour or not.

My point being that with any contract, you are going to haggle for it before it is drawn up - well I would.

Watford needed a striker and they wanted Rasiak. Surely in that instance Saints would make a stand and say fine but he's not playing against us?

My point being that with any contract, you are going to haggle for it before it is drawn up - well I would.

Watford needed a striker and they wanted Rasiak. Surely in that instance Saints would make a stand and say fine but he's not playing against us?

Unless Watford said: We'll give you a bit more cash. In which case we would have bitten their hand off.

It's against the Premier league rules to play against your "home" club. In the CCC it is about what's written in the terms. If you remember Lucketti could have played last game of the season, but decided not to. To let Rasiak play against us would be madness, in my opinion.I dont think for one minute the deal would have fallen through if we insisted on it, as it's a pretty standard clause nowadays. The only reason Sheff utd didn't put it in for Lucketti was because they were miles from the play offs and never thought they'd get near them.......