SWF Mixtapes are go!

Pancake

B5 - added

I missed one as I was on leave and forgot to sort it. But it was OK as JS is still having net issues so Ive moved him back to the end of the list.

Scu - you are up for Friday 31st still if thats OK.

Fine by me...think it's pretty much ready to go anyway...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Right, I've just finished making up my mix and it has been a bit of a nightmare tbh. It's not as easy as some people might think.

There's so many different ways you can approach it. At first I just wanted to put together a list of some of my favourite songs of all time, because I think you can tell a lot about someone from their specific musical tastes. But then it dawned on me that a lot of those songs, although they mean something to me on a personal level, are probably quite obvious and most people will be familiar with them.

So I decided to put together a selection of much more obscure tracks that a lot of TSW users may not have heard of, so that I can hopefully introduce you all to some music that you perhaps might never have discovered otherwise, but the problem with that is that a lot of the tunes I had in mind are so obscure that they are not listed on Spotify.

I think, or at least hope, I have managed to strike up a good balance. There are some songs and artists that most will be familiar with, and I hope that those you haven't heard before are to your liking. There's some very new stuff, there is also some very old stuff. I wanted to have a diverse range of styles that have either influenced me over the years or that are what I am listening to at this stage of my life. The newer stuff is mostly inspired from acts that I have seen at festivals over the last couple of years.

I hope you all enjoy it. Will be interesting to get some feedback.

Nice one Bexy, look forward to hearing it tomorrow. It is really hard to get on ready if you are a music lover. Not only do you get the problems you said above, but you are always tinkering with it adding tracks you forgot about or tracks that you now prefer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Can i do another playlist? i've made a couple since 'jeff from spotify' which i'm going to condense into something long and righteous.

Yep, not a problem

i too' date=' wouldn't mind another crack[/quote']

Go on then!

Oooooh.......if we're all booking second spots can I have one too?

My first mix is on schedule for next week but I didn't manage to get much of that gool ol' timey music into it.

Yep, can you drop me a PM with your link later this week?

I am up for another crack, i feel i have let you all down :(

Aye.

Back in the late 70s and early 80s, I used to religiously make up tapes from the John Peel show, editing live on the cassette. There were so many good new bands coming through at that time, you couldn't go wrong. I still have these cassettes. Would anyone be interested in me editing these onto more modern technology?

Back in the late 70s and early 80s, I used to religiously make up tapes from the John Peel show, editing live on the cassette. There were so many good new bands coming through at that time, you couldn't go wrong. I still have these cassettes. Would anyone be interested in me editing these onto more modern technology?

Definitely interested mate.

Yep, not a problem

Go on then!

Yep, can you drop me a PM with your link later this week?

Aye.

I'll PM you on Friday evening pancake.

Had a busy day today.

Just fine tuning and tweaking, you know how it is.

I'll probably stay up all night changing the whole thing!!!

Aaaarrgghh!!!!