Making Infractions Public

St Chalet

There is nothing witty or funny about deppo.

I beg to differ. Here are some of Deppo's most recent posts before the ban, along with sonme of the reactions he got for them:

I'd prefer someone who would run.

And the responses to that:

LOL - you are on form tonight bud.

Last ever post by the legend before his ban :(

Hurry back!

Seems quiet round here already. :(

And another post on the same thread:

The thing I have for him is getting bigger and harder.

A response:

pmsl

But lets not go thinking he's a 1 thread wonder. Here are some other gems and their responses (and I'd just like to remind you I'm not looking very hard for these):

That was me. I'm going to dress up even more flamboyantly for the next game and sit next to you.

There were no "LOL"'s or "LMAO"s in response to the above thread, but there were numerous posts going along with the joke.

alpine saint made that EXACT post last week. Word for word.

The response:

:lol:

Here's a range of responses to Deppo by various people on the hunger strike thread:

Great initiative.

Free the Saints' Web Two!

Hahaha.... Brilliant stuff :)

I accidentally eat wotsits all the time. It's not easy I know.

Still makes me lol.

seriously funny thread Deppo.

what a great thread you go deppo,

lol

Here's some more Deppo posts:

He should have just said "Why have you got a pair of man's boll*cks painted on your face?"

In response;

:lol::lol::lol:

Lol. Just, Lol.

This thread literally only looked back at Deppo's most recent posts on record. I'm sure that if I kept going back I would see a similar pattern emerging in that almost everyone likes Deppo. In fact, I challenge you to find any other poster who gets similar glowing reports from their fellow posters. Go on, I challenge you!

Have you ever considered the fact that maybe Deppo is funny and that you're...well...not?

This forum is a duller place without him.

Me being unfunny has nothing to do with deppo being a bore if all I posted were wind ups and unserious posts on the main board then I imagine I would get a similar response

The point surely is that you would never get the same response as Deppo, and you would never post the same as Deppo. Because you aren't as funny as Deppo. You aren't as intelligent as Deppo. And that is why you aren't as popular as Deppo.

Even you admit that you aren't funny. You might go further and admit that you aren't very bright either. In fact, all you are is the SWF Weasel.

Even Alpine is more popular and more respected than you. In fact, since Crouchie left, I don't know anyone whose posts are as consistently unpopular as yours. This includes Pancak.

If deppo stuck to the rules that are there to maintain the continuity of threads for everyone that wishes to use the forum, he wouldnt be banned. Remember, infractions are applied gradually, he was well aware that what he was posting was breaking the rules and had plenty of opportunities to stop and limit his brand of humour to the appropriate areas of the forum, but he chose not to.

If deppo stuck to the rules that are there to maintain the continuity of threads for everyone that wishes to use the forum, he wouldnt be banned. Remember, infractions are applied gradually, he was well aware that what he was posting was breaking the rules and had plenty of opportunities to stop and limit his brand of humour to the appropriate areas of the forum, but he chose not to.

And this is my only problem with it. By all means employ your brand of 'humour' if you must, even use it in places where you shouldn't on occasion because when used correctly it can brighten up the place. 99% of what deppo posted was a wind up 'jokey' comment which got very irritating when you were trying to get a serious answer or have a proper discussion.

The point surely is that you would never get the same response as Deppo, and you would never post the same as Deppo. Because you aren't as funny as Deppo. You aren't as intelligent as Deppo. And that is why you aren't as popular as Deppo.

Even you admit that you aren't funny. You might go further and admit that you aren't very bright either. In fact, all you are is the SWF Weasel.

Even Alpine is more popular and more respected than you. In fact, since Crouchie left, I don't know anyone whose posts are as consistently unpopular as yours. This includes Pancak.

I have never attempted to be funny all the time on here, there is room for that sort of thing on occasion but when almost every post on the main board is on a wind up then it gets extremely tiresome and is why I had him on ignore. Thankfully he has gone now, even if it is only temporary :)

p.s. Talking about respect and being popular on a messageboard. Lol.

Edited by hypochondriac

Deppo DID post seriously as well.

Very rarely.

Actually I could see the point he was making with quite a lot of his posts that you thought were just frivolous. I think a lot of it just went over your head. Some of the most biting commentary you'll find comes in the form of apparently throw away lines. I think you get insecure when you're shown up for being a bit dull-witted, which is why you disliked and reported Deppo. He really was quite sharp.

i have never attempted to be funny all the time on here, there is room for that sort of thing on occasion but when almost every post on the main board is on a wind up then it gets extremely tiresome and is why i had him on ignore. Thankfully he has gone now, even if it is only temporary :)

p.s. Talking about respect and being popular on a messageboard. Lol.

lmao

Not all bannings are the result of infractions though, or the result of any sort of process at all.

Sometimes people get banned from the forum with no warnings, no reason, and no time limit. So what you wrote means nothing. You may have banned him for the number of infractions but you may equally have banned him just because you felt like it.

You can't take the moral highground and say you are only working according to the rules. And blaming it all on Steve doesn't make it alright either.

Actually I could see the point he was making with quite a lot of his posts that you thought were just frivolous. I think a lot of it just went over your head. Some of the most biting commentary you'll find comes in the form of apparently throw away lines. I think you get insecure when you're shown up for being a bit dull-witted, which is why you disliked and reported Deppo. He really was quite sharp.

nothing went over my head I just found him irritating and am glad he is banned

I don't think anybody believes that, I don't think even you do really.

I understood fully what deppo was trying to do with his unique brand of satire, I just didn't find him as clever as he thought he was and it annoyed me when he posted pointless comments on the main board. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant to me.

I understood fully what deppo was trying to do with his unique brand of satire, I just didn't find him as clever as he thought he was and it annoyed me when he posted pointless comments on the main board. Whether you believe me or not is irrelevant to me.

Yep, you got to the heart of the matter.

Yep, you got to the heart of the matter.

I'm not sure you quite understood. Deppo made many thousands of comments, some which were serious, some of which were deliberately unserious or exaggerated in order to make a point and many more which were simply pointless and posted for a 'laugh.' Deppo posted many pointless comments in addition to others which had a point.

I'm sorry, perhaps I failed to understand the point. Having failed to understand the point, perhaps I should keep quiet. No... no, on second thought, perhaps I'll just keep hammering on at the same theme with a po-face and a mind-freezing lack of self-awareness. Yes, that seems like the better option.

I'm not sure you quite understood. Deppo made many thousands of comments, some which were serious, some of which were deliberately unserious or exaggerated in order to make a point and many more which were simply pointless and posted for a 'laugh.' Deppo posted many pointless comments in addition to others which had a point.

Quite the logician, aren't we? Your obsessions with Deppo's posts, reporting him and then crowing over getting him banned are, frankly, weird. I don't understand how you can get so worked up.

I'm sorry, perhaps I failed to understand the point. Having failed to understand the point, perhaps I should keep quiet. No... no, on second thought, perhaps I'll just keep hammering on at the same theme with a po-face and a mind-freezing lack of self-awareness. Yes, that seems like the better option.

Thanks for confirming that you did misunderstood as evidenced by your sarcasm. I accept you apology. (and why do people continually refer to self-awareness? It's a simple statement I made about deppo, it's not hard to understand and takes no self awareness).

Quite the logician, aren't we? Your obsessions with Deppo's posts, reporting him and then crowing over getting him banned are, frankly, weird. I don't understand how you can get so worked up.

Firstly I have no obsession with him, let's make that clear. He has been on my ignore list for about three months and the last time I reported post of his was before I put him on ignore. Don't assume. As for getting 'worked up' don't be silly. I am currently watching apocalypse now on the telly an am perfectly calm.

Firstly I have no obsession with him, let's make that clear. He has been on my ignore list for about three months and the last time I reported post of his was before I put him on ignore. Don't assume. As for getting 'worked up' don't be silly. I am currently watching apocalypse now on the telly an am perfectly calm.

So who have you been reporting if you haven't been reportig Deppo?

Remember this from stevegrant on page one of this thread?

Considering your proficient use of the "report post" button, usually because you simply just don't like the person who's posted, I really wouldn't be complaining about people reporting your posts.

Who else don't you like?