Making Infractions Public

St Chalet

Out of sheer idle curiosity, roughly how many infractions are issued, say, every week on average? A handful? Dozens? Hundreds?

Quick database query shows 5 have been issues this month, so little less than 1 a day

No, on reported posts.

LOL

On another note, can it please be noted i have never reported anybody and certainly didn't report Hypo for calling me Spastic Saint, its pretty obvious we don't get on, but i really am not sad enough to get annoyed and so report his posts or ignore him.

Personally i think that the infractions route is a good idea, i also have recieved warnings in the past, this is IMO also a decent idea for those of us that don't continually push the boundries. TBF, unless someone complains about being abused i don't think infractions should be given out unless they seriously break forum rules i.e racism, libel(tough one) etc etc

hypo if you grass people up then you can hardly moan about being grassed up.

personally i think anyone who uses the report button for petty reasons is a c/nt.

i have reported 2 posts, 1 about a remark made about me from vftt which crossed a line (i did however request that he wasn't infracted) and another making light of the death of marcus liebherr (because it was sick).

i was infracted yesterday for the alps the octopus thread (which i thought was funny - the thread not the infraction) and that was fair enough.

Edited by dune

hypo if you grass people up then you can hardly moan about being grassed up.

personally i think anyone who uses the report button for petty reasons is a c/nt.

i have reported 2 posts, 1 about a remark made about me from vftt which crossed a line (i did however request that he wasn't infracted) and another making light of the death of marcus liebherr (because it was sick).

i was infracted yesterday for the alps the octopus thread (which i thought was funny - the thread not the infraction) and that was fair enough.

I wasn't moaning, people can do what they want. Just saying I know who it is. I only ever report those 2 people when I've started a thread and I get tw*tty comments derailing it (I didn't report it but the solar system thread for instance.) or if a post just contains abuse. I do this because as I was being accused of it anyway thought I may as well and sometimes this forum is a useful tool to find out information. I don't want to wade through a load of sh*t to have to find something of interest. I wouldn't consider it petty.

Edited by hypochondriac

I wasn't moaning, people can do what they want. Just saying I know who it is. I only ever report those 2 people when I've started a thread and I get tw*tty comments derailing it (I didn't report it but the solar system thread for instance.) or if a post just contains abuse. I do this because as I was being accused of it anyway thought I may as well and sometimes this forum is a useful tool to find out information. I don't want to wade through a load of sh*t to have to find something of interest. I wouldn't consider it petty.

AFoM believes you. Someone has to.

Originally Posted by norwaysaint

I think too many people are using this forum as a place to have "fun". It really isn't on.

This is exactly the attitude we need to get away from really. This place isn't the be all and end all, ffs. Chill out - don't take the interwebs so seriously.

Yeah, NS, stop being a boring old fuddy duddy stick in the mud.

Yes, for you are our Oracle.

Or one of your personas is. How many have you got by the way? And do they fall out with each other? Or split?

I am not the teller of truth for all. The enlightened ones like um pahars have figured it out for themselves. You however are beyond saving.

This is exactly the attitude we need to get away from really. This place isn't the be all and end all, ffs. Chill out - don't take the interwebs so seriously.

Nonsense. Discussing a pasttime with people you've never met is LIFE AND DEATH stuff. May all who dissagree with me get struck down with something unspeakably horrible..... er..... like marrying a Skate.... yeah, that should do it.

I think that, in the interests of transparency: all infractions should be made public, all reporting of posts should be made public and everyone should have to give an address when they sign up which should also be made public.

If there is an argument, posters should also be made to say everything they say on here to the person's face. This should be moderated by a moderator, who should be present to witness the comments and agree that they were said correctly and that the person saying them didn't squirm out of saying them or back down or apologise.

I think that, in the interests of transparency: all infractions should be made public, all reporting of posts should be made public and everyone should have to give an address when they sign up which should also be made public.

If there is an argument, posters should also be made to say everything they say on here to the person's face. This should be moderated by a moderator, who should be present to witness the comments and agree that they were said correctly and that the person saying them didn't squirm out of saying them or back down or apologise.

I think this is the attitude we should all have