Can anyone recommend a good watch for around 100 quid

dune

I've been charged with purchasing one for bloke who's retiring which me a few others will be chipping in for. There will be a collection as well, but we want to get him something just from us.

I'm thinking gold plated rotary, but have seen this http://www.comtechlogic.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=387 , i like it and it's rrp is around 350, so a bargain, but is it too blingy?

Any suggestions?

Keep it simple & classic Dune. Taste is as diverse as opinions on here.

One man's Rolex Oyster with Diamonds is vomit inducing for others.

A retiree may not need a Dive watch stylee for example

I got given a classic round gold plated Rotary with plated bracelet - simple face with a date window - when I left an employer many years ago, it is not an "everyday watch" but I still wear it out for "dressing up posh" evenings 5 or 6 times a year some 16 years on, reminds me still of the friends I made way back then

Keep it simple & classic Dune. Taste is as diverse as opinions on here.

One man's Rolex Oyster with Diamonds is vomit inducing for others.

A retiree may not need a Dive watch stylee for example

I got given a classic round gold plated Rotary with plated bracelet - simple face with a date window - when I left an employer many years ago, it is not an "everyday watch" but I still wear it out for "dressing up posh" evenings 5 or 6 times a year some 16 years on, reminds me still of the friends I made way back then

That's the sort of thing i'm after, although would prefer an oblong face.

That's the sort of thing i'm after, although would prefer an oblong face.

Why the oblong face? Round is the classic shape. Loads on watchhut in the 100 to 150 range under the classic section.

Of course, paypal me 100 quid I'll get down to the dodgy fake watch shop in Karama, for that you can take your pick of current Breitling, Rolex, Tag, Omega.

He'd never know the difference.

(Of course he'd die of Nickel poisoning within 5 years but then hey House lives in the East Coast - no brainer). Should be able to get it to Stansted around 6th June

;)

Not really appropriate, was thinking more traditional/classy.
my managing director, who is 65, has one, that's why I thought it might be a good match. I have to say that the gold numbers you suggest look cheap and nasty. You know your man I guess, but blimey get to a shop and look at them in the flesh before you buy off the web.