Saints fan arrested and charged for shouting anti-Semitic abuse

Glasgow_Saint

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2589206/Man-arrested-charged-shouting-anti-Semitic-abuse-Spurs-vs-Southampton-clash-White-Hart-Lane.html

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11101497.Saints_fan_arrested_for_racial_abuse_at_match/

A man was arrested and charged for using racist abuse in Tottenham's win against Southampton.

A 57-year-old, who was with the away supporters at White Hart Lane, was reported to police by two Southampton fans for hurling anti-Semitic abuse during the match.

Police confirmed they had charged the man with 'a racially aggravated offence' and bailed him until May 19.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2589206/Man-arrested-charged-shouting-anti-Semitic-abuse-Spurs-vs-Southampton-clash-White-Hart-Lane.html#ixzz2x1PiYWwV

A bad day made worse :(

Edited by Glasgow_Saint

"A man was arrested and charged for using racist abuse in Tottenham's win against Southampton.

A 57-year-old, who was with the away supporters at White Hart Lane, was reported to police by two Southampton fans for hurling anti-Semitic abuse during the match."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2589206/Man-arrested-charged-shouting-anti-Semitic-abuse-Spurs-vs-Southampton-clash-White-Hart-Lane.html#ixzz2x3hJbdKU

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That is a quote GS. Not made up or inferred.

How do you know it was a saints fan . It could have been a spurs fan amongst saints fans cheering on the spurs and the saints fans were annoyed that he was shouting Yid army Yid army . Just a theory but I have seen away fans amongst saints fans and vice versa.

It's not a major story Glasgow .

No one likes a grass.

i was trying to picture the scenario where i would be compelled to do a grass. Generally i don't really mind people saying stupid sh*t, it enables me to identify stupid sh*ts. I mean i wouldn't be offended, or act offended just cos someone is shouting abuses. I wouldn't get involved at all unless there was a clear victim on hand, crying childrens or whatever, then i would stick up for the victim i spose. I still prob wouldn't grass tho, i would just f*ck them up bad. I mean the racists, not the childrens.

i was trying to picture the scenario where i would be compelled to do a grass. Generally i don't really mind people saying stupid sh*t, it enables me to identify stupid sh*ts. I mean i wouldn't be offended, or act offended just cos someone is shouting abuses. I wouldn't get involved at all unless there was a clear victim on hand, crying childrens or whatever, then i would stick up for the victim i spose. I still prob wouldn't grass tho, i would just f*ck them up bad. I mean the racists, not the childrens.

:lol:

Are you suggesting a Spurs fan sat in the Saints end shouting anti-Semitic abuse at his own team and own fans?

I'm not suggesting anything. I am quoting the article. You are the one suggesting and inferring. Is it an agenda or just ignorance?

So here's a scenario GS: Spurs fans in with Saints fans. Spurs fans sing Yid army. Saints fans, ****ed off with said Spurs fans , find a copper/steward and say: There's blokes over their being racist mate.

Possible?

So why misquote the article stating it's a Saints fan? It may be a Saints fan. We don't know and you certainly don't. You weren't there (lol).

Only at a club like Saints would you get your own fans grassing on you. I despair sometimes.

Well it depends what was said really doesn't it. "F*ck off Yids" and you're right. "You should have all died in the gas chamber" and they were absolutely right to report him.

The fact that someone is a Saints fan doesn't excuse them from their c*ntishness, in my eyes.

Well it depends what was said really doesn't it. "F*ck off Yids" and you're right. "You should have all died in the gas chamber" and they were absolutely right to report him.

The fact that someone is a Saints fan doesn't excuse them from their c*ntishness, in my eyes.

Or not a Saints fan. We don't know that. GS reported it as a Saints fan. Not the actual Daily Mail article.

So here's a scenario GS: Spurs fans in with Saints fans. Spurs fans sing Yid army. Saints fans, ****ed off with said Spurs fans , find a copper/steward and say: There's blokes over their being racist mate.

Possible?

So why misquote the article stating it's a Saints fan? It may be a Saints fan. We don't know and you certainly don't. You weren't there (lol).

Was the Spurs end even sold out? Why would this Spurs fan :lol: decide to sit in the away end, but continue to sing Spurs songs? If this is the case, why didnt someone thump him?

Was the Spurs end even sold out? Why would this Spurs fan :lol: decide to sit in the away end, but continue to sing Spurs songs? If this is the case, why didnt someone thump him?

For the same reason that non Saints fans come on to a saints forum? Coz they are WUM'?s

Couldn't get a ticket in the home end perhaps. There were tickets in the away end so why not!

Regardless, if the guy was spouting racist bile then affiliation doesn't matter. They should be thrown to the wolves, it's unacceptable.

Couldn't get a ticket in the home end perhaps. There were tickets in the away end so why not!

Regardless, if the guy was spouting racist bile then regardless of affiliation they should be thrown to the wolves, it's unacceptable.

And then shouts anti-Semitic abuse at his own players/fans.... just to wind up Saints fans? :lol:

A good WUM is always prepared to get arrested :lol:

And then shouts anti-Semitic abuse at his own players/fans.... just to wind up Saints fans? :lol:

A good WUM is always prepared to get arrested :lol:

What the f**k is wrong with you? Seriously?

I didn't say he was a home fan in the away end, just stated it as a possibility. And then made it clear that affiliation is immaterial really if he was spouting racist language, they should be punished anyway.

Let the f**ker rot.

Edited by Colinjb

Or not a Saints fan. We don't know that. GS reported it as a Saints fan. Not the actual Daily Mail article.

Yes it did.

Trouble: A Southampton fan has been arrested and charged with racist abuse during the Saints' 3-2 defeat to Tottenham

I can't stand Glasgow as much as anyone, but it's ridiculous people are trying to argue that this was a Spurs fan sat in the away end doing this.

Anyway, the point is GS, again, you have misquoted a source. Nowhere in that article (and it is carefully worded) does it say a SAINTS fan was arrested. True?

http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/sport/11101497.Saints_fan_arrested_for_racial_abuse_at_match/

Take it up with the echo mate :facepalm:

Southampton fan arrested for racial abuse at match at Tottenham Hotspur's White Hart Lane

A SAINTS fan has been arrested after being accused of making anti-Semitic remarks during last Sunday's away game with Tottenham Hotspur.

You have glaucoma back then or just an ardent racist?

I was a normal football fan,usually turned up well oiled, said what I thought about anything that wasn't wearing a red and white shirt (and a bit about some who were as a rule), never missed insulting refs,linesmen, police, stewards, opposition fans and players and possible friends and relatives of all of those. It was football, 2 hours of steam letting off after a hard week's grind.

I would have got slung out along with my 4000 co miltoners. After that I went round to my in laws for tea and supper and talked about politics,local events and the latest scientific discoveries.

Edited by Window Cleaner

I was a normal football fan,usually turned up well oiled, said what I thought about anything that wasn't wearing a red and white shirt (and a bit about some who were as a rule), never missed insulting refs,linesmen, police, stewards, opposition fans and players and possible friends and relatives of all of those. It was football, 2 hours of steam letting off after a hard week's grind.

I would have got slung out along with my 4000 co miltoners.

And now youre the guy that contacts the club about alleged libel - how times have changed?