Eyal Berkovic

Saint86

Great player for us though, fantastic passer of the ball. Xavi-like in style. The situation with Alderweireld right now reminds me of how disappointed I was when West Ham nabbed Eyal, who had only been on loan. Looks like he picked up a love for Pie and Mash at the Irons!

This guys has not aged well lol

Its not particularly saints related but thought i would share regardless!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3014586/John-Hartson-bumps-Eyal-Berkovic-Israel-17-years-booting-former-West-Ham-team-mate-face.html

yes, he wouldn't make the squad today.:lol:.. but the 6-3 massacre of Man Utd at The Dell (1996) was probably one of his best games......

tbf...he was a bit of a greedy s*d with the ball, but his passing was superb, and his goal celebrations were out of this world.

Berkovic was a complete arseholes , he thought he was bigger than the club and arrogance to go with it . I know there were many in the club who pleased to see he back of him .

So he was a bit of a berk then?

Boom boom. :toppa:

Great player for us though, fantastic passer of the ball. Xavi-like in style. The situation with Alderweireld right now reminds me of how disappointed I was when West Ham nabbed Eyal, who had only been on loan. Looks like he picked up a love for Pie and Mash at the Irons!

Talking about pie and mash, remember skinny Neil Shipperley? ....

297462810.jpg

Talking about pie and mash, remember skinny Neil Shipperley? ....

297462810.jpg

That's always my first thought whenever someone refers to a footballer aging badly. Paul Williams is another. I can't find a recent photo but if you search for Cee Lo Green you will get a rough idea.

IIRC, no one realised Berkovic was on loan - we thought he'd been signed. It came as a shock to hear he was off to West Ham.

Cracking little player though. Berkovic and Ostenstad were a quality combination

My recollection too. He had attracted some attention by his performances, and with Souness leaving I remember reading he too would want out with a fee of £4m being mentioned. A few days later though he said he wasn't coming back. C^nt.

IIRC, no one realised Berkovic was on loan - we thought he'd been signed. It came as a shock to hear he was off to West Ham.

Cracking little player though. Berkovic and Ostenstad were a quality combination

Yep, I'm sure that's what happened, or at least what we were told when he moved.

I'll forgive him though, if only for that volley against man u. Wasnt that the 6-3?