Cookers

Pedro

I need to buy a free standing cooker and looking for some advice. Can't make up my mind whether to have full electric induction type or dual fuel with a gas hob. The space where it is going has both but the gas has a blank and obviously not been connected for years.

Any independent advice would be welcome, gas hob or induction.

Thanks

We always swore we'd only ever have a gas hob because of the instant control, but we have an induction hob (already installed when we moved in) and we wouldn't ever have anything else now.

Mr TF does all the cooking and he says it's far more efficient than gas, immediate control, and you wouldn't believe how quickly things cook on it. Much safer too if you have children around.

From my perspective, it's a doddle to clean - just a quick wipe with a damp cloth and you never get burned on gubbins.

We always swore we'd only ever have a gas hob because of the instant control, but we have an induction hob (already installed when we moved in) and we wouldn't ever have anything else now.

Mr TF does all the cooking and he says it's far more efficient than gas, immediate control, and you wouldn't believe how quickly things cook on it. Much safer too if you have children around.

From my perspective, it's a doddle to clean - just a quick wipe with a damp cloth and you never get burned on gubbins.

This.

Moved where there is no gas, so went induction. Absolutely love it, thought I wouldn't as I enjoy cooking and always had a gas hob.

After always having gas, I fitted an electric oven and induction hob when I replaced our kitchen a couple of years back and it was a good move. The induction hob is great, safe (particularly if young children around), quick and look good.

The only thing to consider with induction is, I believe, they've been reported to cause issues with people who have pacemakers, something to do with the strong magnetic fields if you're close by.

Thanks all, Mrs Pedro chose an induction one and it is being fitted today. Good advice all round and yes, we were questioned if anyone has a pacemaker and I believe it comes with a voucher for a set of saucepans.