98.8% of Falkland's voters say YES to Britain and NO to Argentina

Saint-Armstrong

Actually, its 99.8%.

Of the 3 "no" votes, I reckon statistically at least one will have been a screw-up by an illiterate moron, and another a prank by someone with an odd sense of humour.

If the world/UN doesnt now slam the door on Argentina's whining, it will demonstrate that its value of freedom and democractic principles is a sham.

And Obama should be utterly ashamed of his behaviour on this.

Actually, its 99.8%.

Of the 3 "no" votes, I reckon statistically at least one will have been a screw-up by an illiterate moron, and another a prank by someone with an odd sense of humour.

If the world/UN doesnt now slam the door on Argentina's whining, it will demonstrate that its value of freedom and democractic principles is a sham.

And Obama should be utterly ashamed of his behaviour on this.

That statistics bit makes no sense.

Edited by hypochondriac

• 2 months later...

It might have gone quiet in the media but :-

Six New Zealanders are experiencing the ongoing tensions between Britain and Argentina in the South Atlantic but have been instructed not to talk about that.

The six, members of `Team Rat', are on the island of South Georgia, a British overseas territory 2700km from the Argentine coast and one of the islands where

there was fighting 31 years ago in the Falklands war.

They have been part of a 26-strong South Georgia Heritage Trust team attempting to eradicate rats from the island.

The project's chief pilot and flight operations manager Peter Garden, of Wanaka, responded by email this week to Otago Daily Times

questions about the end of this year's rat poisoning.

Asked what he was able to say about the presence of the Argentine and British navies in the vicinity of South Georgia, Mr Garden

wrote: ''At the moment the issue with the Argentinian presence close to the island is still rather tense and we are required not to

send emails with details of ship movements.''

Wondered where DD had gone.

That statistics bit makes no sense.

Why?

1672 were eligible to vote. Of those 1517 voted (just under 91%) , of which 1514 voted to remain a UK territory (99.73%). I'm guessing the odd one out returned a spoiled paper? Close enough for me.

So which bit makes no sense?