Best Ever First Goal for Saints

St Chalet

I remember David Hughes scoring an overhead kick in the 90's. Was that his first? Was a pretty decent goal from memory.

Also Vignal scored his first with a free kick apparently, but I don't remember it. Dark days of the lower leagues....

Probably his only one as well.

I'd forgotten him, was rated highly when he first came into the side but career ruined by injury I think.

I remember David Hughes scoring an overhead kick in the 90's. Was that his first? Was a pretty decent goal from memory.

Also Vignal scored his first with a free kick apparently, but I don't remember it. Dark days of the lower leagues....

I remember Vignal having the game of his life against Leicester, I think in a cup tie, when he scored that free kick. 40 yards out and right of central, just evaded everyone I think.

What about Ivan Golac, at home to Villa. Hammered from just outside the box, into the far top corner.

It wasn't on TV, so you will have to take my word for it, but it was a genuine thunderbastard !

I think you mean this one and it was against West Brom........ enjoy the clip, if you haven't seen it since, it is every bit as good as you remembered :) :)

Bradley Wright Phillip's goal where he lobbed a defender and then volleyed was MLTesque. Absolutely phenomenal goal and was his first IIRC (I had such high hopes after that).

Er, I hope my memory isn't playing tricks on me as I can't find a clip :blush:

Edited by farawaysaint

I think you mean this one and it was against West Brom........ enjoy the clip, if you haven't seen it since, it is every bit as good as you remembered :) :)

No the Villa goal was his first goal , May 15th 1980, just checked Ducan's book. Good excuse to watch the West Brom goal again, as if you need one.

Bradley Wright Phillip's goal where he lobbed a defender and then volleyed was MLTesque. Absolutely phenomenal goal and was his first IIRC (I had such high hopes after that).

Er, I hope my memory isn't playing tricks on me as I can't find a clip :blush:

his first was away at Derby opening game of 06/07, i don't remember it being that good?