Our half-witted fans don't know how lucky they are

mcbendy

Well I read constant attacks on this forum, a real hate campaign against the dwarf and all that, fitzhugh Fella chief among them, hope he is happy now.

He had plenty of criticism because he was a complete bellend, but there was no campaign to get him out, think that’s just in your head.

• 6 months later...
I spend a lot of time on Saints Web during the transfer window in the hope of getting a sniff of what's going on behind the scenes at the club. This season, more that usual, I have a sense that no-one on here has a clue. The forum is a painful read.

One thing that is very clear though (and this is probably true of all football clubs) is that a lot of our fans aren't the brightest. Honestly, some of the rubbish you read on here:

- I'd take a punt on [hugely expensive mediocre high salary player past his market value peak]

- The club don't reinvest the funds from player sales [despite the published financial accounts in the public domain clearly showing that we do - http://www.dailyecho.co.uk/news/15155581.Saints_invest___94m_in_squad/]

- [high salary 1st team player] should be made to train with the kids, as if that makes a grain of sense either financially or for morale around the club

- The black box isn't working [while simultaneously moaning about much-loved recent signings being tapped up or signed by bigger clubs]

- The most laughable of all, which I saw today, is that the club isn't being run in a sustainable way! This despite the (relative) financial prudence of the club, and also the very obvious indications from our performance and growth since league 1, which has been the epitome of sustainable growth.

Yes, expensive signings are 'exciting', but they often don't make good business sense. We've had our fair share of flops (Gaston, Osvaldo etc), but our policy of buying younger players at least gives some chance for improvement and resale value. Would fans really like us to carry on like West Ham, Pompey of a few years back, or QPR? Maybe we should get 'arry back to attract some near-retirement big names to drain our bank balance and send us back into the Championship?

Personally I love the way that the club operate. I understand that if a player is proven in the Prem, is in his late 20's or early 30's, is a fringe player for a 'big' club and/or is on a high salary then it's highly unlikely that we will sign him and I'm grateful for that. I also fully expect that when it becomes clear that we *are* about to sign a player it will be someone that I know almost nothing about and I'll have to frantically Google. I accept that there is a risk that these players will not develop in the way that the club hope that they will, but for every flop there is a Virgil, Victor or Mane. The 'buy low sell high' model generates revenue or at least reduces losses and, along with a policy of developing our own talent, makes sound business sense.

Is it too much to ask that our fans would 'get this' and would be grateful that our club is - in my opinion- one of the best run clubs in the Premier League?

You aren't very bright, are you?

God forbid anyone should have an opinion that is different to the OP and want the club to achieve a little more than simply being recognised as 'well run'. I quite enjoy the diversity of views, no matter how extreme or mis-guided some might seem - makes life interesting.

This

Personally I love the way that the club operate. /QUOTE]

You are either Les Reed or one of his plants. Nobody on any forum NOW thinks Saints are run properly. Hoedt, Vestergaard, etc. 3 year contract extensions for absolute rubbish. Point proven.

Personally I love the way that the club operate. /QUOTE]

You are either Les Reed or one of his plants. Nobody on any forum NOW thinks Saints are run properly. Hoedt, Vestergaard, etc. 3 year contract extensions for absolute rubbish. Point proven.

Yet you and all the other sages on this forum would no doubt keep a club with the financial clout of Saints in the Premier League year in year out with no trouble at all?

Yet you and all the other sages on this forum would no doubt keep a club with the financial clout of Saints in the Premier League year in year out with no trouble at all?

I've got some magic beans for you to count. You have to buy them off me first though.