Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

13:03

Comment From Gaz. R

I hear some people are saying that season tickets seem a bit pricey considering what was paid last season and what league we will be in What do you say about this.

13:06

Micah Hall: From the on-line surveys and feedback we have had, reaction has been very favourable. However, people need to understand how constrained we are.

The average gates and revenue expected form part of detailed cash-flow projections and business plans, painstakingly agreed with the Football League, PFA and PCC in order to obtain their support.

If we reduce prices substantially we have to demonstrate and guarantee that we will sell enough extra tickets to cover the cost or start providing indemnities.

In addition, extra revenue we make from kits, catering, website, etc will largely go to pay off historic creditors.

13:10

Comment From Don Juan

Don't want to be funny, but why are sponsor and kit details all being so secretive? We finally own our club but there seems so much secrecy around everything

13:12

Micah Hall: Part of any sponsorship package is to hold a proper press launch with attendant publicity therefore if I do it on here then I take away a chunk of the value from their sponsorship package!

As for kit, we are very late ordering - six-months late in fact - and this feeds into the timescales.

13:12

Comment From Arthur Pewtey

Micah, can you briefly summarise the way the CVA will be serviced. There is a lot of confusion about how much will be coming out of future parachute payments and how much will be funded by the TRust alone.

13:13

Micah Hall: The parachute payments more or less cover the CVA and historic debts. However, the more money we make the quicker the debts are paid off.

13:13

Comment From Trevor Oast

How many charges are there over Fratton Park and by whom?

13:14

Micah Hall: There are two charges, I believe.

They belong to Portsmouth City Council and Stuart Robinson but we expect both to be gone when they receive their chunks of the parachute payments to settle their loans within months.

So what about the PFA?

13:15

Comment From Lost Transport

Micah, have you seen the latest announcement from Man City that they are to provide a high-density stadium Wi-Fi experience at the Etihad working with Cisco and O2? There's an aspiration for you to achieve at Fratton to improve the average fan match-day experience.

13:16

Micah Hall: We are working flat out at the moment but I aspire to make Fratton Park as modern digitally as any other stadium in the country.

I am working on it.

13:16

Comment From dodgycurry

have you found local businesses are more responsive now the club is fan-owned? A lot of local businesses have lost money in the past dealing with the club, has this been a difficult factor to overcome?

13:17

Micah Hall: Definitely! We have found a lot of people wanting to come back to the club. Many of whom were made to feel unwelcome during recent times when we thought we were a global brand.

13:20

Comment From Joe Michalczuk

Hi Micah what did you make of wife of Mick Williams - Ann Williams saying that I - and other Pompey fans - aren't welcome at Fratton Park? And that we're 'not part of the pompey family' - She tweeted that while in the directors box. Do you feel that's the kind of message that sums up the community club you all fought for? Only some Pompey fans welcome? Oh and perhaps the new engagement manager could unblock me on twitter? Or do you only let SOME pompey fans follow the news at Fratton Park?

13:22

Micah Hall: Unfortunately I think we are well-aware of your views historically. Everyone is welcome at Fratton Park next season.

13:22

Comment From Keith

Will supporters holding LIFE season tickets have them renewed again ? ( I also purchase two other season tickets for family members )

13:23

Micah Hall: There are no plans to cancel life season tickets, it's a deal we respect. However, they cannot be transferred or passed on.

Comment From Paul

Follow-up question: Are there plans to transfer the land to the club, or do we rely on good ongoing relations with Stuart Robinson?

Comment From Don Juan

So to clarify regarding the land - if I pay £5 to park in the car park it goes to Stuart Robinson and not the club. Is that right?

Comment From silondonblue

Can you please tell us what the future might hold with regard to Robinson and stadium plans?

Comment From Pompeyjake

Whats the status on the rumoured development on fratton park and the surrounding area

13:24

Micah Hall: There will be a development on the former Miland land that will have a knock-on effect in terms of development at Fratton Park.

There is no particular secret about this, it is part of the planning permissions so when there is a plan we will bring it forward to supporters for consultation.

However, right now getting season tickets on sale is a big logistical challenge so rebuilding Fratton is going to have to wait a little while.

13:09

Comment From Corporate Ho

Do you worry that crowds at Fratton Park will drop following Gosport Borough's promotion?

13:10

Micah Hall: I live in Gosport and offer my congratulations to Boro. I think we serve different markets.

:lol:

PMSL

have you found local businesses are more responsive now the club is fan-owned? A lot of local businesses have lost money in the past dealing with the club, has this been a difficult factor to overcome?

Definitely! We have found a lot of people wanting to come back to the club. Many of whom were made to feel unwelcome during recent times when we thought we were a global brand.

Priceless... they are the bestest or what?

Dont tell their current manager, he thinks they are the best in world football

13:25

Comment From stever

Do you know if the electronic board will be fixed?

13:26

Micah Hall: The answer is yes. Unfortunately the previous regimes cancelled the contract with the company that maintains it. We are looking not only to get it working but attract a timing and display sponsor who can restore the Fratton end clock.

Any sponsors please contact me at the club.

13:27

Comment From 3 Marines

Will most of our creditors before being the HMRC ie VAT, PAYE, NI, will the upmost be done to make sure they are paid?

13:28

Micah Hall: Everybody will be paid everything they are owed under the new CVA. Much as we would love to right historical wrongs, we are not really in a position to do it becasue of the agreements we have with existing creditors.

13:27

Comment From 3 Marines

Will most of our creditors before being the HMRC ie VAT, PAYE, NI, will the upmost be done to make sure they are paid?

13:28

Micah Hall: Everybody will be paid everything they are owed under the new CVA. Much as we would love to right historical wrongs, we are not really in a position to do it becasue of the agreements we have with existing creditors.

Utter nonsense Micah.

There is nothing stopping them paying 100% of all the debt they wiped out back if they really wanted to. It would mean the club would have to be run on a shoestring for many, many decades to come but it could be done.

13:30

Comment From MR.O

Hi Micah, has there been any discussion of changing the Pompey badge back to the traditional star and cresent to replace the Gaydamak era one? as some of us see it as a bad luck charm!!

13:31

Micah Hall: We are looking at the badge for future years and anticipate asking fans to vote on different design proposals on-line. Remember it is your club, we have no right to sit in a room and decide what the club's badge is.

13:33

Comment From Corp Ho

Do we have a nominated charity lined up for next season

13:33

Micah Hall: PSEF are a very worthwhile cause we will be trying to raise money for throughout the season.

But we see ourselves as part of the community and will try to work with as many charities as possible.

13:34

Comment From tompfcjones

Ricardo rocha said on twitter that the trust would need more investment from outside to reach the prem where we belong, is there any truth in this?

13:36

Micah Hall: Most clubs in the Premier League and top half of the Championship rely on funding from investors.

However, the Fair Play rules are now starting to turn this debt into a competitive disadvantage meaning clubs will have to start living within their means. The challenge for us us to develop our means to the level they can sustain Premier League football.

If you look at the stats the size of this club takes the breath away, as does the way it has been run.

13:37

Comment From Guest

I want to by a ST with DD - the official site says the £100 deposit will be taken out by DD and then 10 monthly payments afterwards - on what date does the first £100 get taken?

13:38

Micah Hall: As I understand it, the date of payment will be selected by the individual fan.

That'll be never then :lol:

13:38

Comment From 3 Marines

Why is buying a ST with CASH cheaper? Or have I missed something? Consumer law says that is not right?

13:39

Micah Hall: Quite simply, cash is the only way we receive money up front. There are substantial costs with DD and with credit cards we only receive the money as each game is played.

Comment From revelator13

Congratulations on your new role and for everything you did to get Pompey to this new fan owned footing. Will pompeytrust.com now be incorporated into the official PFC website or will it remain separate?

Micah Hall: The Trust and Pompey will remain two separate entities - but very closely aligned.

13:40

Comment From Bob

There are likely to be away matches with fewer tickets available than Pompey Fans wishing to attend. Will you operate some form of loyalty scheme for fans who regularly attend away matches?

Micah Hall: Yes, there will be a rewards scheme. We will be consulting fans about this in the summer. We want to make sure that away tickets are distributed fairly and there is no monopoly on them.

Comment From godmcgarvey

What is the ongoing relationship with Express FM as a company, will the anti trust actions of unnamed members of its staff be addressed or will bygones be bygones

13:41

Micah Hall: We have a very good relationship with Express FM and there are meetings upcoming in order to establish how we work together going forward.

Bygones should always be bygones.

13:41

Comment From Alan in Petworth

it seems a great shame that Linvoy is no longer an ambassador for our club - are there plans to involve him again?

13:42

Micah Hall: We are talking to Linvoy currently through PSEF to try to involve him.

Personally I am somewhat dismayed over what happened with the Linvoy Primus Community Stand and wish to put that right.

Micah Hall: If you look at the stats the size of this club takes the breath away, as does the way it has been run.

Indeed!

A degree of honesty though : "However, people need to understand how constrained we are.".... but no mention of the PFA charge.

13:44

Comment From Corps friend

Micah I have SEEN charges agaibnst Fratton from the PFA as well as from PCC and Robinaon

13:45

Comment From Banker

I read that there are now FIVE different charges on Fratton Park, even after we've come out of administration. Why is that?

Comment From Trevor Oast

I think you'll fine there may be 5 charges over the ground 3 from the PFA?

Micah Hall: Yes there are charges relating to the people who receive parachute payments from the club which fall away as they are paid and I believe they will mostly be gone in August.

13:48

Comment From Paul

You say that existing season ticket holders have to 13th July to renew, as prospective new season ticket holders and wanting to take up discounts available, does this mean we will not have the opportunity to take up any seats that might not be renewed ?

13:49

Micah Hall: If you wish to move your seat after July 13 we will accommodate that.

13:50

Comment From Joe Michalczuk

"My historical views" - what were they then? The fact I questioned the trust? The fact that I championed the cause of other buyers ahead of the trust? Plenty of Pompey fans would have preferred a buyer to come in with more cash. It hasn't happened. We support the club. Expressing an opinion that differs to yours isn't 'unfortunate" - it's called free speech. The fact that it's deemed 'unfortunate'and ridiculed by people who now sit in the directors box, doesn't bode well for the future of a 'community club'. Nor does the fact that differing views were silenced in the run up to the bid process - where is the transparency and the respect for a fellow Pompey fan?

Comment From John Utaka

Hi Micah. I'm interested in a match day magazine subscription. Will there be a postage option on these (previously used) rather than picking them up at the game each week? I often head to the pub after the game and its inconvenient to carry.

Micah Hall: Yes, there will be.

13:53

Comment From notBaluChainrai

I look at your Season Ticket price calculator but there not an option for previous season ticket holder in directors box, will efforts be made to make me feel more welcome at club in future?

13:53

Micah Hall: We have an ejector seat which is free for you to use.

13:56

Comment From zmatt

Thanks for the huge part you played saving the club, not only with your informative blogs but no doubt all of your work in the background. I accept this question relates to something quite minor in comparison to everything else that needs addressing. Will the pre-match build up be looked at? I remember watching Pompey pre-premiership and there being the Pompey chimes (I think) played quite loudly literally just before the kick-off, I felt this really built up the fans (and possibly players) and made a difference. Where as nowadays its quite subdued.

13:56

Micah Hall: Thanks very much for your kind words. There will be a match-day experience committee and atmosphere/social nights to try to get it right pre-match.

13:57

Comment From azzapfc

Will we need to complete a credit check before having the option to pay monthly for a season ticket & when will new purchasers be able to apply in this way?

Micah Hall: There will be no credit checks and new purchasers will be able to apply in this way.

Comment From Barnet

Hello Micah, thanks for all your efforts. Any chance of a small terracing section next year?

13:58

Micah Hall: Unfortunately it is not achievable but the issue of support for safe standing is under discussion with the Trust and fans' conference.

14:00

Comment From Nick

Are there any plans to introduce memberships again? I go to more games then a casual fan but not enough due to work commitments to justify a season ticket so memberships suited me.

14:00

Micah Hall: We are working on memberships but we will only sell them if there is value and people are likely to get tickets as a result of having one.

14:02

Comment From John rose

Hi Micah, is the family stand remaining as the south stand, heard something about away fans being housed there, keep up good work!

14:03

Micah Hall: Many fans have asked if we can move the away fans under the south stand. It would require building of new exits, kiosks and toilets. Even then it is difficult to see how we can get a safety certificate doing it.

However, we put a man on the moon so if it's possible and desirable we will come up with a plan.

14:05

Comment From Porthos The Enforcer

will the website be changed so apple users can see pics etc?

14:06

Micah Hall: We have the proud distinction of having the only loss-making web-site in football. It is inadequate and as an Apple user deeply frustrating.

Our new web-site goes live June 19 and instantly will begin to generate cash for the club.

14:06

Comment From Paul

due to the limit on away tickets next season, will you be looking at big screens back at fratton, these would be well supported and bring in more income.

14:07

Micah Hall: We will consider it if it makes commercial and logistical sense.

Comment From pompeymike

can we play the boys are back in town when the players walk out on the pitch and get a better sound system and you cant hear anything lol

Micah Hall: In the build-up we will be playing Time for Action by Secret Affair and if anybody doesn't like it - Tough!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})