Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Those idiot skates do seem concerned with our finances and seem particularly worried that we are "cheating" if the Liebherrs invest funds into their own personal asset. The lack of an extended gene pool in and around Portsea ultimately breeds them brain dead, I suppose.

However, the bigger picture is that around circa 150 million pounds or more has gone through cheats FC and yet they have plunged from PL to Div 4. It must be all but physically impossible for this to happen if that money (no matter how ill gotten) was spent on the team and on infrastructure. But they have no training ground, no proper academy, not even a clock at Fatpipes and next stop the Blue Square league.

Therefore, my question is this ... who has actually got all that money they have ripped off from innocent creditors these last few years? Admittedly, the usual suspects have been widely canvassed in this fine study of human frailties you are now reading, but surely the authorities (judicial not just football) would have long ago put two and two together and been all over this like a rash? But no, 150m+ of other people's money just disappears in a puff of smoke and no one, apart from us and perhaps Luton supporters, bats an eyelid or thinks anything could be amiss. Even a "forensic investigation" disappears into the ether and nobody in authority goes looking for it. Strange. But you try not paying a parking ticket ...

Good post

Around half a billion went through the club, as mentioned by Roman Dubov of CSI... Romans latest venture is 'Gator Golf', recycling golf balls that roll into lakes, car parks etc...

Vladimir Antonov has just two months now until his extradition hearing (delayed from Jan).

Well my first football love Newport County have made it back to the League. What an achievement! What a boost and rise in footballing profile. Which is exactly why I think Pompey haven't suffered enough for their financial doping crimes. They still have the kudos of League football. Until those DFCSB's are in the Conference, they have got away with it. If they don't go up next season I reckon there's a fair chance they'll end up there yet.

Well my first football love Newport County have made it back to the League. What an achievement! What a boost and rise in footballing profile. Which is exactly why I think Pompey haven't suffered enough for their financial doping crimes. They still have the kudos of League football. Until those DFCSB's are in the Conference, they have got away with it. If they don't go up next season I reckon there's a fair chance they'll end up there yet.

Wrong login, The9.

Looks like either Yeovil or Brenford will escape having to ,lower themselves to playing that s-hit. :D

No no... Yeovil and Brentford are playing to get out of league one at the other end! One of those sides will be TWO divisions above the skates next season...

BREAKING NEWS:

Gosport Borough and Portsmouth are separated by just one division, after the former won their play-off final on penalties.

They are closer geographically and in football terms to Gosport now than us lol.

Pompey were adamant the pitch invasion was a non-aggressive act and not designed to provoke the home fans.

As part of Pompey’s defence, they also pointed out tickets for the Griffin Park match had been sold only to Fratton season-ticket holders and never went on general sale. Quoted from The Snooze article.

So they are telling us that all the supporters there were on the Data Base so they have names and addresses

I was under the impression that any supporter entering the field of play would be served with a banning order this should be pretty easy to enforce in this case.

Or as it seems another law for Pompey than there is for the rest of the footballing community.

Surely not - two of the "heros" moving on because wages offered were not good enough -

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/catlin-we-won-t-be-budged-on-wages-1-5055698

**** taking and rib poking aside *IF*, and it's a big *IF*, they can keep to this new found model then good luck to them.

However I still think they are overestimating the money that they will be getting from gate receipts. The average Pompey fan want instant success and won't want to go and watch the likes of S****horpe, Mansfield, Rotherham etc.

I see that there are even some "intelligent" comments that go with that article!!

**** taking and rib poking aside *IF*, and it's a big *IF*, they can keep to this new found model then good luck to them.

However I still think they are overestimating the money that they will be getting from gate receipts. The average Pompey fan want instant success and won't want to go and watch the likes of S****horpe, Mansfield, Rotherham etc.

I see that there are even some "intelligent" comments that go with that article!!

I may be wrong but was of the understanding that budget and spending restrictions were set for 5 years as part of the penalty handed down by the football league. Dont confuse this will any sudden desire to manage with financial prudence or self control.

Surely not - two of the "heros" moving on because wages offered were not good enough -

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/pompey/catlin-we-won-t-be-budged-on-wages-1-5055698

This reply made me cry,with absolute hilarity: pompeystu74: alfonso...... you do make me chuckle?????? i do run a business!!!! one that takes over £1million pound a week.... so don't quote me on how to run a business!!!! so one thing am not is stupid!!!!! far from it with a degree!!!!

WHAT A TOOL,AND A FOOL!

Edited by SOTONS EAST SIDE

@pn_neil_allen: RT @eml1523: If you're a pro footballer and are after easy money, #Pompey isn't the club for you any longer #lessonlearned

Shame it took you clueless fans over 5 years to work that one out. Any chance of denouncing the FA Cup and other ill gained "victories" yet? No, thought not.

If Pompey are indeed looking to settle for mid table obscurity in the 4th tier of English football I'm inclined to start agreeing with the "close the thread, our work here is done" brigade.

Anyone spot the key word in that sentence though? Clue: Two letter word at beginning of sentence. Starts with I and ends with F.

If Pompey are indeed looking to settle for mid table obscurity in the 4th tier of English football I'm inclined to start agreeing with the "close the thread, our work here is done" brigade.

Anyone spot the key word in that sentence though? Clue: Two letter word at beginning of sentence. Starts with I and ends with F.

Don't forget that they could 'look to settle' for that, but still won't be able to help themselves from helping themselves to more of other people's money, so plenty more laughs along the way yet.

Micah Hall webchat at 12.30

Isn't it about time someone did a Micah Hall on Micah Hall? His past must contain some parking fines, fights, affairs (homosexual or otherwise) or public flashing to smear him with.

Isn't it about time someone did a Micah Hall on Micah Hall? His past must contain some parking fines, fights, affairs (homosexual or otherwise) or public flashing to smear him with.

Well volunteered that man :)

But that would involve someone else having already done the research for that "investigative journalist" to then collate and pass off as their own work.

So their wage bill for next year is £1.1m max.

That's £21k a week on the whole squad......roughly £1k per week per player if they have 20 on their books....

They're going to be zooming up the league paying high wages like that ;)

Salaries for footballers are generally quoted after deductions. (Never really understood why). So they'll need another £1m ish to cover NI and Income Tax. I know I know, but this is the new p*mpey model where they pay their bills on time.

12:32

Comment From Paul

When will season tickets go on sale to people who didn't have them last season?

12:33

Micah Hall: They will go on sale on May 13, subject to arrangements with the bank being in place.

Existing season ticket holders have until July 13 to claim their seat.

Comment From markroe

Regarding players are aiming for winning the league or just sitting in league 2 for a while

Comment From G

Any news on new signings with players having medicals tomorrow

12:34

Micah Hall: Sorry, I'm not qualified to answer on the football side!

However, as a fan I hope we try to win every game!!

12:35

Comment From 1889

Do students (not mature) get any benefits this year? Or are you going to treble fees too?

12:36

Micah Hall: We are looking at doing term-time packages for students.

One of our major priorities is to work more closely with the university and find ways that we can help each other over and above just getting students through the door.

12:38

Comment From OzPup

Hi Micah - watching the web chat from down here in Oz. just wondering if their is anything planned in the way of getting overseas supporters more involved with the club? Cheers mate. All the best.

12:39

Micah Hall: We have big plans for the exiles around the world which include live internet commentary, networking opportunities, live Q&A, dedicated web pages and news letters.

Over the next couple of years our offerings will expand to the point where distance from Pompey should prove to be no drawback to supporting us.

I have got over 70 relatives in Australia so this is a priority for me to get them off my back.

12:40

Comment From dodgycurry

has the catering contract at fratton Park been re-negotiated and will the standard be upped to affordable and edible?

12:41

Micah Hall: Yes to both. We are putting in a huge amount of work to make sure it is noticeably different, cheap and attractive.

We are looking to bring in as many local suppliers as possible.

12:41

Comment From Buddy Folly

Are you still being sued by parties involved in the Harris bid?

12:42

Micah Hall: Yes I am. I am enjoying it immensely.

12:43

Comment From SelseyBill

One of the critics of PST alleged that FP is in seriously bad physical condition and that PST would not be able to fund repairs. Is there any truth in that?

12:44

Micah Hall: Fratton Park is an aging stadium and we are working with the local authority as the football club always does to ensure that it is 100 per cent safe for fans. That is no different to any other summer.

There is a budget.

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:49

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext viewer_text][TABLE=width: 504]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Comment From Corporate Ho

Has Maradona been asked about joining Whittingham as his assistant?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 576]

[TR]

[TD=class: chatmsgtime, bgcolor: #F6F6F6]12:49

[/TD]

[TD=class: chatmsgtext altcaster_text][TABLE]

[TR]

[TD]phpVPbzPCmicah_hall.jpg[/TD]

[TD]Micah Hall:

Yes but we couldn't afford the pies.[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

13:02

Comment From Guest

We are looking to bring in as many local suppliers as possible. Are these 'local' suppliers going to be paid cash?

Micah Hall: They will be paid promptly according to their contracts.

I'm on the board ;)

12:50

Comment From godmcgarvey

Can you clarify the discount for share holders, can it be any ONE person from a syndicate or only the name holder

12:52

Micah Hall: On the name holder because many contributors to syndicates have given very small amounts.

While we are incredibly grateful to them for supporting us, they clearly didn't do it so we could give it straight back.

Many people have asked if they can forgo their shareholders' discount and we are working on making that option available.

13:00

Comment From silondonblue

Hi Micah, thanks for doing the webchat today. Can you give us any info on plans with Stuart Robinson and stadium development? Is there anything in the pipeline?

Micah Hall: There is a considerable amount of activity around planning but it is very, very long-term stuff so there is nothing to share yet.

Comment From nadgebelhadj

On the clubs merchandising and retail, are there plans to re-open the store at Fratton Park or will we rely on Sports Direct as per the new Sondico deal?

13:01

Micah Hall: We will have a store open at Fratton Park at least three days before the new home kit is available for general purchase.

We are pulling on all the expertise of Sports Direct to get the right site.

Comment From Corporate Ho

How many sell-outs next year do you anticipate?

13:03

Micah Hall: I guess it depends how it goes really. But we sincerely hope the first two or three will be approaching capacity for Pompey fans.

If we get on a roll then we all know that there will be huge demand.

So buy a season ticket!!

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})