Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Have always been sceptical of this idea that Tesco wanted to spunk £20m odd on the land to build a new store. If you include Fareham and Havant the area is already saturated with Tescos, Asda, Sainsburys and Morrisons.

Oh come on. Corp Ho told us on many occasions that Tescos were going to bung the club £20 million for land that they didn't even own.

Are you trying to tell me that Corp was wrong or that he made things up???

Where is St Chalet to scrub the last few posts not on topic?

Good Afternoon Nutjobs :toppa:

GM please stay on topic and not personal to posters.

All, Newport ain't Pompey. Please move on.

Edited by St Chalet

Good Afternoon Nutjobs :toppa

GM please stay on topic and not personal to posters.

All, Newport ain't Pompey. Please move on.

The takeover is complete and the topic of the thread is history. Time to move this to Golden Posts and start a new one in support of local football fans saving Pompey...

The takeover is complete and the topic of the thread is history. Time to move this to Golden Posts and start a new one in support of local football fans saving Pompey...

Good for you. Now stay off the thread if you have nothing of relevance to add.

Al Fahim finally taken over? Fantastic. I look forward to the CSI takeover.

The takeover will complete when they pay the CVA and accompanying agreements.

I believe the last of those is due at the end of 2018.

This thread has survived quiet periods and previous 'takeovers' as none completed successfully.

As for congratulating all pompey fans, many on here have spoken positively about the enthusiasm of Trust members, but any poster who feels that this isn't sufficient and wants to offer further blessings is welcome to start their own new thread, I'm sure it will rival this one in no time at all.

My own contribution to that particular campaign would be yes, they've done really well - they have borrowed money, lots of it.

Quite an achievement.

Well done.

Yes, they have taken on two big loans, nice.

That is certainly a trailblazing blueprint for the world game.

IF however they pay it all back and complete the takeover agreement, they will richly deserve 100% congratulations.

But in the meantime I'll offer them .4% congratulations over five years, less expenses.

Al Fahim finally taken over? Fantastic. I look forward to the CSI takeover.

Fahim has a LOT to answer for when he finally meets his maker.

No not just his ROFL photo ops at poorsmuff, but for what he has done to our Bloody TV down here.

First he ripped off Donald Trump (and your Alan Sugar) with The Hydra Executive a poor clone of The Apprentice (nutjobs will have seen the clips)

Then he (apparently) ripped off Hydra Properties and some other investors and was chased through the Courts.

BUT and here's the pain.

The Hydra Executive morphed into The Entreprenuer

Then that gave bloody Simon Cowell an opening and we got

The X Factor Arabic

Arab Idol

Arab's got Talent.

FFS stop taxing bloody airplane passengers and start taxing these buggers for cutting down a zillion trees to make 100 metre tall advertising hoarding every 100 metres on our main drag.

Still, as these micro-Reality Show franchises spread, we can be safe in knowing there will remain one corner of Old Blighty that doesn't have a local show...

Well, I suppose it could last about 10 minutes -

Portsmuff's got talent.

8 mins of Fred Dineage introducing the 2 minutes of TCWTB

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/201314-Season-Tickets-Up-To-Nine-Games-Free-4367.aspx

After extensive consultation with supporters, Portsmouth Football Club have released their first season ticket prices as a community club.

And fans can look forward to watching up to nine free games at Fratton Park next season – that’s just over £12 per game.

Every fan who buys a season ticket will get a £100 discount on the cost of watching a full season of 23 games for the eagerly-anticipated League Two campaign – that's five free matches at the £20 matchday ticket price – but there are further discounts available:

- Pay by cash and receive a further free game

- Pay by July 13 and receive a further free game

- If you have held a season ticket in ANY of the last THREE years you will be entitled to another free game

- Trust shareholders receive a further free game

That is up to NINE free games, bringing the lowest cost of an adult season ticket anywhere in the stadium to £280 – or around £12 per match.

Best of all, any adult, senior (60+) or young person (17-22) buying a season ticket in the Family Section can bring a child aged 10 years or under ABSOLUTELY FREE.

And the benefits don't end there. Fans will be able to buy a season ticket for the matchday programme and a Pompey meal (pie, pint/soft drink and a packet of crisps) and get the same discount.

So, fans can get all 23 programmes from as little as £42 – that's less than £2 a copy – and a meal at every game from £75 – or just over £3 per game.

We have included an info graphic (above) to demonstrate the savings achievable for supporters.

In order to help fans spread the cost of their season ticket, they will be able to pay by direct debit over 11 months, with an initial deposit of £100 for adults, £50 seniors and young persons and £25 for juniors (16 and under). So following their deposit payment, fans could watch Pompey for as little as £20 per month.

Pompey CEO Mark Catlin said: “Micah and the team have been working hard with supporters in delivering a season ticket pricing strategy that rewards fans for their loyalty, while at the same time protects vital club revenue.

“The decision to let kids aged 10 and under into the Family Section free with a paying adult, senior or young person was the right one for a community-owned club, and we hope to see the Family Section full next season with Pompey fans of the future.”

Engagement manager Micah Hall said: “We take great pride in once again reinforcing our commitment to community and supporters by enshrining the principle of trust as central to our strategy.

“We believe our pricing model will change the game completely and give fans an unprecedented level of control over the price they pay and the way they pay.

“In the recent past many fans have been reluctant to pay cash or even buy a season ticket because they had no trust in the ultimate destination of their money. We want to reward people for trusting us.

“We hope that fans will take advantage of the big extra savings on programmes and Pompey meals which add very substantial discounts to the overall package.

“We now believe we have the cheapest replica shirts, matchday programmes and meals in English football, as well as a competitive season ticket price at League Two level.

“That is outstanding value and we hope fans will love these discounts."

Season tickets are expected to go on sale from May 13.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Q: How do children qualify for the shareholder discount?

A: Adult shareholders buying shares receive the free game discount on all the shares they buy.

Q: I'm in a syndicate, can I claim the discount?

A: Unfortunately, this would open up the discount so widely that it would dilute season ticket revenue too far to be affordable, as there are thousands of syndicate members.

Q: Can a child under 10 now own a new replica shirt and have a family section season ticket for as little as £19.99?

A: Yes, as long as an adult, senior or young person accompanies them.

Q: How do the direct debits work?

A: Your deposit will be collected by direct debit followed by 10 monthly instalments.

Q: How does the programme season ticket work?

A: You will receive a ticket/voucher for each programme. Simply hand it to any programme seller to claim your programme.

Q: Will the meals be better value next season?

A: A lot of work is going on to create much higher value in the Pompey meals. Keep an eye on http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk for further details.

Q: Will I need to pass a credit check to pay by direct debit?

A: No. Anyone with a bank account is eligible.

Q: Won't it be a lot of administration for the club?

A: No. We have an agency service who will process the payments for us.

Q: Can we still pay by credit card?

A: Yes, but the costs are high and your money is only released to us on a match-by-match basis.

Some more bestests!

Kit prices, programme prices and meal prices. They are the uber-bestest. Biggest ground of its capacity too. Awesome.

"Pompey meal". Pie and bag of crisps. Gotta live the dream.

Q: Will the meals be better value next season?

A: A lot of work is going on to create much higher value in the Pompey meals. We are already in discussions with Romanian Hedgehog suppliers who assure us of a higher meat content than our previous products. Keep an eye on www.skateseathedgehogs.co.uk for further details.

Oh wow there is Gold in them thar answers

Wonder if the printers and caterers are the same as before and will give them credit again.

They might but the credit card companies won't :) :) :) :)

Q: Can we still pay by credit card?

A: Yes, but the costs are high and your money is only released to us on a match-by-match basis

Avram, what a legend.

He took them to a new level, then he buggered off when it suited, as they always do.

And I hear a very strong rumour that he was back in touch recently, looking for a glorious homecoming - or a happy ending as he'd call it.

He presumably heard Guy say that they were looking to splash out on a young Latvian*

On an unrelated matter, I still can't believe that pompey fans were happy for their hard-earned season ticket money to be spent on a car and a driver to take an old perv prossie-bothering - there was not a single complaint. :scared:

Astonishing.

Anyway, here's the new business, fully funded, debt-free, and ready for action!...

But not trusted by credit card companies, so please pay cash, and as soon as possible as cashflow could cripple us within a month.

*great to see that old joke back, it must be a year since it had an outing - the same as little Avram.

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey 43s

2013/14 season ticket prices - up to nine games free: http://tinyurl.com/d3odozx #pompey

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/LatestNews/news/201314-Season-Tickets-Up-To-Nine-Game-Free-4367.aspx

FREE tickets, FREE kids, FREE programmes, FREE pies and crisps. Looks like they are banking on the feel-good factor 'packing the park' and the single ticket sales subsidising all these freebies.

Problem is if they get off to a poor start they will just be down to their small hardcore following pretty quickly, their gate receipts will be tiny.

FREE tickets, FREE kids, FREE programmes, FREE pies and crisps. Looks like they are banking on the feel-good factor 'packing the park' and the single ticket sales subsidising all these freebies.

Problem is if they get off to a poor start they will just be down to their small hardcore following pretty quickly, their gate receipts will be tiny.

I do think that there are some things in there which deserve some praise - for example, their attempts to get kids into the ground and supporting them, something that I wish we had done when we were L1 and averaging around 22k.

BUT...

There reliance on season tickets for everything (programmes, pies, etc) whilst looks innovative - in reality I suspect this really is an attempt to get cash in quick and assist what might be a pretty dodgy cashflow. What it will do, will be to minimise the affect of any drop off in the fanbase if/when they start to struggle. Is this the pst recognising that the playing budget won't be as competitive as the fans want?

This thread has to continue until the PDT proves it's sustainability - otherwise its just another in a long series of hysterical failed takeovers.

As for Newport having nothing to do with the Skates I refer you to an administration, a tinpot ground (Somerton Park) and a common interest in Conference/League 2 football.

Your witness.

I do think that there are some things in there which deserve some praise - for example, their attempts to get kids into the ground and supporting them, something that I wish we had done when we were L1 and averaging around 22k.

Er, what? Their prices and kids free with a full paying adult are the exact blueprint of what we did in League One (I believe our offer was slightly more generous in allowing the child to be up to 11 years old rather than Pompey's 10 for free entry). Even their cheapest £280 season ticket price is remarkably similar to our cheapest one in League 1 (pretty sure my lot paid £288 for their L1 STs in the family centre.

Oops, one of the locals isn't happy with the season ticket prices.

Sorry but £360.00 is just wrong and i feel the crest of the wave we were all riding along on has well and truly crash landed on the stoney beaches of Southsea

ive put about £50 into a few syndicates and had actually been looking to send more off this week but i wont be doing that now

id been in touch with the club offering my services free of charge in doing up the park but i wont be doing that either

i thought the idea was for our amazing pompey family to work and look out for each other

well £360,00 is not looking after me or any old fan (ex season ticket holders) who was thinking of coming back after years of not trusting the club

think it will be a case of hand picking my games but i cant see there being much problem getting a ticket at these prices.

Reading through POL, the in-fighting has started already...

I wasn't saying they weren't in a vulnerable position. Just no more vulnerable than the majority of other football clubs and less vulnerable than us when we banked at Barclays.

Wish them well and move on. Making sh !t up and exaggerating potential future problems makes us look pathetic. We are lucky with our owners. That should be enough.

The takeover is over. End of thread...

attachment.php?attachmentid=6746&stc=1&d=1087974950

'The pompey meal' aka a pint of white lightning and a mouthful of your brothers/fathers cock.

Interesting that they want you to pay by cash, as if you pay by credit card 'your money will only be released to us on a game by game basis'.

It won't take long for admin no.4/5/6 or whatever it is they're on now...

Apparently those Pompey fans that saved their club from extinction, are going to be faced with a large number of problems that could mean that the club either goes into administration again, or at least gets relegated to the Conference.

What a bunch of useless fans and a cr @p club they are and won't it be funny if they all lose all the money that they invested and have no club to support. Our fans are so much better than theirs and we will all be so amused at every mistake they make and every misfortune that befalls them, etc., etc.,

There, I'm done with this thread. Feel free to cut and paste the above. It summarises most of which will follow this post....

Apparently those Pompey fans that saved their club from extinction, are going to be faced with a large number of problems that could mean that the club either goes into administration again, or at least gets relegated to the Conference.

What a bunch of useless fans and a cr @p club they are and won't it be funny if they all lose all the money that they invested and have no club to support. Our fans are so much better than theirs and we will all be so amused at every mistake they make and every misfortune that befalls them, etc., etc.,

There, I'm done with this thread. Feel free to cut and paste the above. It summarises most of which will follow this post....

i can remember when you were a happy bloke John

If you'd posted that on page 48 you'd have saved us an awful lot of time and effort over the last 5 takeovers. Hundreds of pages of hilarity summarised in one succinct post. You don't do summaries of the bible too per chance do you? If we could squeeze that ridiculous tome down to a few pertinent words we could bring joy to the world and not just this thread.

Anyway, the primary function of this thread going forwards is not to chortle at Pompey fans (desirable side effect that it is) but to keep an eye on proceedings on behalf of the next tranche of tax payers, businesses and charities and forewarn them about blowing another £150m on a football club reaching beyond its means...

Edited by trousers

If you'd posted that on page 48 you'd have saved us an awful lot of time and effort over the last 5 takeovers. Hundreds of pages of hilarity summarised in one succinct post. You don't do summaries of the bible too per chance do you? If we could squeeze that ridiculous tone down to a few pertinent words we could bring joy to the world and not just this thread.

Anyway, the primary function of this thread is not to chortle at Pompey fans (desirable side effect that it is) but to keep an eye on proceedings on behalf of the next tranche of tax payers, businesses and charities and forewarn them about blowing another £150m on a football club reaching beyond its means...

Hmmm

Where are our Stattos?

How many pages does the standard CoE Bible have?

Glad to know your thoughts on the matter. At least you didn't wait 88,000 posts to make your point. Oh wait.

I had a chat with Antony Fanshawe yesterday. A great guy with a wicked sense of humour. He has already warned the Pompey trust to decide "when to draw a line under things". He still thinks that Birch is more interested in liquidation, as he then gets to bleed the £3M in parachute payments instead of Chanrai getting his mitts on it. The trust has had zero help from anyone and he had nothing but contempt for the way they have been treated by the Premier League, with regard to the parachute payments, post a potential liquidation, and the Football League, who are just a collection of clueless old farts, according to him. Good luck to the trust, but they should respect the advice they are getting from Antony. He's a clever guy and I think now is the time for them to get the hell out....

What would Antony's advice be today?

GM, whilst i understand your ire, forget not that these fans enjoyed 5 years of top flight football that the whole nation paid for. They have memories of Wembley cup wins and watching star players other teams kids and fans didnt get, as their teams played by the rules of decency,therefore please excuse me if I dont spill to many tears if Pompey fans have a few bad days. I dont wish on the fans ill health or bad lives , but i do want them to really feel true punishment, that still in my eyes has not yet come to pass.

Be careful and don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Are they realy complaining that the prices are too high? I thought they looked a bit low myself.

How else do they expect to generate enough income to cover even a £1.1 million wage bill?

But they've still got all those PPs to come, and it's not as if they have been ear-marked for anything else.........

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})