Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

So if you want a discount throw your money into a pot, we can not guarantee you will get all the games if any and if we go bust you will get EFF all back as it was cash deal.

And they said there wasn't anymore chuckles to be squeezed out of this thread...

Premier League Southampton jealous of League 2 Portsmouth... :lol:

Well our friends over at POL believe just that :facepalm:

Imagine not knowing who owns your club, not knowing how much money you borrowed from a BVI loan shark, not knowing when it has to be paid back by, who authorised it and what it was used for, and having a debenture on all you assets for it, fixed and floating. Imagine running up multi-million pound losses year on year, but not knowing who they will be covered by, if anyone.

Prefer (comparatively) open and transparent PST ownership, even if it is in the 4th division. Had enough of all that mentalness.

:lol:

this is my view on the situation.

we have all been called tax dodgers,chairty cheats etc by certain scummers. but would i wish them to sufffer like us, in a way no because what we have been through wasnt easy and the uncertaintity was horrendous.

would i go out of my way to help destroy them, no.

woudl i wish those on scumweb to recieve the ***** we got then defintaly. only difference is we wouldnt do a 1500 page thread,numerous emails etc and would more likely help them set a trustup

:lol:

Each to their own but I always said as sets of fans we are very different. Should we;

- Play amateur sleuths investigating THEIR finances (And getting it often completely wrong with massive bias).

- Put pen to paper or email authorities regarding THEIR club and it's misdemeanors.

- Create a near on 2000 page thread about OUR rivals, full of smug, self-congratulatory snide comments.

If we did this should the worst happen to them, then we would be more like them than I have always hypothesised. Pompey has always dealt with them in a much more 'grounded' manner, we know what they are and to emulate their (truly pathetic) behaviour in any way would be a mistake.

just when you start to feel sorry for them they start churning out myths again. :o

Yes we are in it up to our eyeballs, the Nazi gold is nearly all gone - spent on shady loans and dodgy heroin that we use to turn kittens into addicts - we are doomed, it's over, we are very jealous indeed.

Come on Lord T, as the keeper of the PTS thread flame it's your role to chuck on another jerry can of 4 star, not some dentally-challenged, sister-bothering, bouncy castle executive with a shoe size higher than his IQ.

All that and Wickham Fair around the corner, it's a busy time for myth-spreaders.

Silly season here we come.

we have all been called tax dodgers,chairty cheats etc by certain scummers

Erm...unless I imagined the last 5 years there might well be a good reason for that tag... :facepalm:

They seem very keen to point out the differences between "plucky Pompey" and "smug scummers".... so let me highlight the main difference.... if it turns out that Cortese and the Liebherrs have swindled the tax payer, charities, businesses and footballers out of c.£150m in our rise up the leagues then we'd disown our results over the last 4 years quicker than Pompey fans can say "we distance ourselves from all those historic misdemeanors but we'll still wallow in the cup and league 'glory' that it bought us".

Good to see that they're as obsessed about us as we nutjobs are about them though. That's reassuring at least :)

Edited by trousers

Imagine not knowing who owns your club, not knowing how much money you borrowed from a BVI loan shark, not knowing when it has to be paid back by, who authorised it and what it was used for, and having a debenture on all you assets for it, fixed and floating. Imagine running up multi-million pound losses year on year, but not knowing who they will be covered by, if anyone.

Well, at least he and the rest don't have to imagine as PFC had done this and more.

Prefer (comparatively) open and transparent PST ownership, even if it is in the 4th division. Had enough of all that mentalness.

The bold bit cracks me up. It is in our June 2012 accounts published in March this year, £3.2m. Not even the value of Luke Shaw's left bootlace....

It's all there for all to see and the excellent Swiss Bramble blog lays everything out so that even a thick skate can follow it.

Yep, Swiss Ramble is quality. However the skate morons still completely ignore this. I genuinely can't get my head around a group of people (and it isn't 1 or 2) that take pride in completely making stuff up. Blatant lies and completely dismiss facts sourced independently.

"yeah fella, the scummas ran up a £25m loan from some dodgy f***** in the Cayman Islands and the Nazi's family are skint innit, they need to sell up like otherwise they will not sell out anova fundraising game as they don't have any fans and couldn't sell as many Season Tickets in the Prem as we already av in 2 days in League 2. Thierry Henry told me down Saaathsea Common yesterdee ffs".

Just goes to prove that from Day One the real thrust of this thread was that we all wanted the DFCSB to be dead and buried, liquidated. Still sticks in the craw that they are not. Festering stinky disease that will not go away.

Bless those POL chaps, they are just so bitter whilst we smile knowingly at their downfall.

Of course they are happy in L2, no, really, they are, they really don't want to be in the PL, nope, not at all.

I know I said I wouldn't post again but most of the "real fans" at Pompey VFTT are happy that we still have a club FFS. You can't make a generalist statement like that. Wherever we are playing football does it matter - the fact is we can still go down the park and see our team run out, have a pie, meet friends for a pint and have a laugh. I am going to buy a neck brace for next season though, got a feeling I'll be looking up and not down at the pitch lol

Interesting question put to #Factless on Twitter:-

ybaqudaq.jpg

He (unsurprisingly) hasn't replied.

Anyone know how many of their cup winning team sued, or are still owed money as a football creditor?

Maybe someone should ask #factless how much the Great Train Robbers "won"...

I know I said I wouldn't post again but most of the "real fans" at Pompey VFTT are happy that we still have a club FFS. You can't make a generalist statement like that. Wherever we are playing football does it matter - the fact is we can still go down the park and see our team run out, have a pie, meet friends for a pint and have a laugh. I am going to buy a neck brace for next season though, got a feeling I'll be looking up and not down at the pitch lol

Got a lot of Pompey mates and most feel the same. It's the twitter warriors and #factless that don't seem to have any remorse about the previous years. The FA Cup win is still shouted everyday, and then thirty seconds later they are going on about how great it is to have their club back and how the previous years debts and criminality are nothing to do with the club.

Serious question, how many do you think will turn up next year? If you average over 11k that would be impressive.

Here's a sobering thought for the skates. Forget the gazilions our club will get next season. If we win on Sunday we could move up to 10th, which would be worth an extra 5 or 6 million ... which is more than the entire value of their cesspit of a club.

No wonder they're bitter and twisted. :D

@IanDarkeESPN: How things change so fast on south coast. Now Brighton and Southampton in turmoil - and Pompey happy at last.

RT @solentsport BREAKING EXCLUSIVE #saintsfc chairman Nicola Cortese to stay at club after talks with owner Katharina Liebherr - more in news at 0800

RT @bigadamsport Up early breaking news for #saintsfc fans - the chairman Nicola Cortese concluded successful strategy talks with owner in Zurich last night

Wonder how long that 'Southampton Takeover Saga' thread lasted on POL?

RT @solentsport BREAKING EXCLUSIVE #saintsfc chairman Nicola Cortese to stay at club after talks with owner Katharina Liebherr - more in news at 0800

RT @bigadamsport Up early breaking news for #saintsfc fans - the chairman Nicola Cortese concluded successful strategy talks with owner in Zurich last night

Wonder how long that 'Southampton Takeover Saga' thread lasted on POL?

Thank Goodness for that news.

@IanDarkeESPN: How things change so fast on south coast. Now Brighton and Southampton in turmoil - and Pompey happy at last.

@Lord_Trousers: @IanDarkeESPN Care to rephrase that now Ian...? ;) #saintsfc @SouthamptonFC

:)

Any chaps from Fart On Park reading this...

Sorry to disappoint you, but we are going from strength to strength !

Good luck for next season, you might just stay in League 2 if you can afford to pay your pub team !

Yeah... "But you is riddled with debt....innit you scummmmaaaass"

@Lord_Palmerston: Lesson of the Cortese fiasco for Saints fans - the players aren't playing for you, they're playing for Cortese. Troubled club below surface.

Even if true, it's better than playing for a wage that the club can't afford.

They are still going on that the bvi loan is 30 million, 3 from last year and 30 this year. Is that the case?

Don't think any one knows quite how much the loan from Vibrac (based in the British Virgin Islands) amounted to.

The £30 odd million is the debt to equity figure arranged by the Liebherr Trust which, presumably means that if the Trust was to sell up this would be the minimum selling price they would look to achieve.

Saints are not alone in getting cash in this way.

Vibrac have recently loaned £16m to Fulham, £13m to Everton, and £60m to West Ham (who are in shed loads of debt)

QPR borrowed £15m from Barclays in Hong Kong and Swansea a mere £3m from Lloyds.

It is likely other clubs have taken out 'Pay day' loans (often at 10% Interest rates) set against future TV and Season Ticket earnings.

Smaller clubs are also indebted in other ways eg Pompey have to pay back a Council Loan of over a £1m in the near future

To the bitter skates arguing that we didn't have any idea who our owner was and that we were about to implode....

Sha-lala - lala - lala - la!.....

To the genuine fans who are just pleased to have a club. Bon chance.

But we are STILL jealous..right.................PMSL

This is the nub of it, why would be jealous of the position of the their club? And I used 'their' deliberately as they are in this wonderful fan owned position. Given the announcement by Saints this morning between Nicola Cortese and Katharina Liebherr, It has given me cause to reflect on the relative positions of the fans of each club.

As a Saints fan, I'm pretty happy with the way things are going. Overall Cortese has my support - yes there have been concerns about certain issues such the BVI loan, the transfer policy and Adkins sacking (to name a few), but they tend to work themselves out over time. The BVI loan shows up eventually in the accounts, the change of manager seems to have worked okay despite me really wanting to see how far Adkins could have taken us. Transfer policy will always be one of those issues that divides fans anyway.

But if I had a major gripe, what could I do about it? The answer is apart from becoming a cybernet warrior, tear up my season ticket (if I had one -living in Edinburgh I don't anyway - so at least not attend any games for me!) and that's about as much as I can do. Will it have any affect? Absolutely none. Now the lot down the M27 will crow that's not the same for them as their a fans owned club, but would it be any different for them?

Let's face it, if I was a contributor to the pst funding (I'll avoid using the word shareholder as its not a true share) and I had a gripe about any of the same issues, i.e. I thought the chairman was doing a poor job, I thought the transfer policy was poor or I had worries about the funding what could I do? We've already seen the transparency of the trust in action in putting the bid together (or translucent as someone but it on here - a much more apt description, you know there's something there but you just can't see what it is), so they're no better as a fans owned club than our ownership.

So if I had an issue with any of the gripes - as an individual, I have little power. Cobbled together with the rest of the pst, what power do they actually have? Remember the people at the top are the pst leaders who are going to be reluctant to give up their positions, the chairman is their man. And let's face it, if 60% of the 'pst shareholding' don't like something, they'll only be roughly 30% of the overall shareholding so can still be ignored if you take into account the HNW's. So they are still a small voice with little power.

So what exactly does their fan ownership get them above any the fan of any other club? Other than ability to throw a grand into bottomless pit and an ability to call the scummahs jealous...

Does anyone else get really p1ssed off with their myths, as opposed to laughing at them? I'm sick of reading them. Nazi tank driver, nazi gold money, thinking they're biggest club in the south, that they didn't cheat, that they've been hard done by, that their away following (and home support) are really something special, that we're laden with massive, crippling debt... f()ck, I hate reading their rubbish, it's annoying. Worse still, if you so much as dare to challenge them then they spin out another myth (or better still, profanity-laden retort) that absolutely holds no truth other than whatever goes through their imbecilic, backward skulls.

They should have died. I can only hope the PDT gives us some more laughs.

Edited by Crab Lungs

Does anyone else get really p1ssed off with their myths, as opposed to laughing at them? I'm sick of reading them. Nazi tank driver, nazi gold money, thinking they're biggest club in the south, that they didn't cheat, that they've been hard done by, that their away following (and home support) are really something special, that we're laden with massive, crippling debt... f()ck, I hate reading their rubbish, it's annoying. Worse still, if you so much as dare to challenge them then they spin out another myth (or better still, profanity-laden retort) that absolutely holds no truth other than whatever goes through their imbecilic, backward skulls.

They should have died. I can only hope the PDT gives us some more laughs.

Chill, it's funny as fuc.k.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})