Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

Does anyone else get really p1ssed off with their myths, as opposed to laughing at them? I'm sick of reading them. Nazi tank driver, nazi gold money, thinking they're biggest club in the south, that they didn't cheat, that they've been hard done by, that their away following (and home support) are really something special, that we're laden with massive, crippling debt... f()ck, I hate reading their rubbish, it's annoying. Worse still, if you so much as dare to challenge them then they spin out another myth (or better still, profanity-laden retort) that absolutely holds no truth other than whatever goes through their imbecilic, backward skulls.

They should have died. I can only hope the PDT gives us some more laughs.

Nah. I laugh at them and prove them wrong. So funny watching them back tracking to "yeah, well...4-1 twice mush"

Yeah, well...5-1 three times.

Does anyone else get really p1ssed off with their myths, as opposed to laughing at them? I'm sick of reading them. Nazi tank driver, nazi gold money, thinking they're biggest club in the south, that they didn't cheat, that they've been hard done by, that their away following (and home support) are really something special, that we're laden with massive, crippling debt... f()ck, I hate reading their rubbish, it's annoying. Worse still, if you so much as dare to challenge them then they spin out another myth (or better still, profanity-laden retort) that absolutely holds no truth other than whatever goes through their imbecilic, backward skulls.

They should have died. I can only hope the PDT gives us some more laughs.

do not worry Lungs it will, it is in their inbred nature to be c*nts. they have never done anything without bending the rules. My wifes family are all skates and the best way to wind them up is not to talk about football, just give them a silly grin and when they ask about Saints I just say things like "i would rather talk about tax evasion or charity fiddling or facilities at training grounds etc"

Living here in border country sightings of skate blue shirts is getting a rare sight by the day, with whole squads at the local youth football club being saints not a skate in sight

Did anything ever get published from the court case as (I think) the judge said it would very soon. How is their level of transparency going, is everything now in place, all the appointments made and all go for next season.

I've read so much on here that I have forgotten what the latest is. They really are insignificant but I'm sure, unless they get a great start, yet another disaster looms.

It would be fun to request a slot at the next Portsmouth city council meeting and ask how secure the loan was after PFC trust were now refusing debit cards after their main bank account is unusable.

Who's account are the cheques being paid into?......

What happens to the cash?

Did anything ever get published from the court case as (I think) the judge said it would very soon. How is their level of transparency going, is everything now in place, all the appointments made and all go for next season.

I've read so much on here that I have forgotten what the latest is. They really are insignificant but I'm sure, unless they get a great start, yet another disaster looms.

Nothing has been published on Bailii, which is the only public source I know. (I check every day).

http://www.bailii.org/recent-decisions-ew.html#ew/cases/EWHC/Ch

From what i remember it was a reporter that said it would be published, not necessarily the Judge.

And of course there were other parties involved that were not in court that might object to the information becoming public i.e. Football League re conditions for the Share or the PFA re players contracts etc.

They will do ok I thinks er the season. Promotion by any form will be a massive achievement. They are buying basically a whole tea and as we know teams can take a while to gel. Best they should hope for is a consolidation season.

They will do ok I thinks er the season. Promotion by any form will be a massive achievement. They are buying basically a whole tea and as we know teams can take a while to gel. Best they should hope for is a consolidation season.

A whole team of freebies and loaners as they are not allowed to purchase a player until the footballing debts are paid off.

No big transfers pending but with decent crowds for League Two and the opportunity to borrow the PP money they can push the boat out a bit on wages.

Not that they would, with creditors still waiting.

After all they are sticklers for clearing debt before going on mad spending sprees.

I'm still not convinced that the eagle eye of the Football League overseeing their every move will be any more effective than it was last time, so I fully expect to see a promotion push fuelled by the odd unusual signing.

But I'm more interested in our game today that is worth a few quid and a lot of pride - but compared with the last two years, it has absolutely zero riding on it, which suits me fine.

But it must be a bitter blow for all those fans of Redknapp, and the many people to the east who assured us we would be finishing with the lowest points total ever, and even this week informed everyone that we were a club in crisis and massive debt, with no one at the helm, and no future.

Mind the gap.

Just want to say.

To those at SMS yesterday.

You did the Club PROUD with your ovation for Michael Owen.

Obviously the TV picked it up as did EVERY other fan in the bar watching other games.

THAT is how the Best Fans in the South of England show their appreciation for a Footballing Legend, not some tinpot round of applause for some random French bloke from North London

Just want to say.

To those at SMS yesterday.

You did the Club PROUD with your ovation for Michael Owen.

Obviously the TV picked it up as did EVERY other fan in the bar watching other games.

THAT is how the Best Fans in the South of England show their appreciation for a Footballing Legend, not some tinpot round of applause for some random French bloke from North London

I was thinking the same at the time, though in the main us Saints are a pretty respectful and dignified supporter base.

Along with the outstanding OWTS for the players lap of appreciation, it was a show of class...

NC against their cockney

Liebherr against robinson/'hnw'/pcc/Chinny/pdt

Poch against whitts

SMS against fp

Hot water against fatty pipes

Sammy Saint against tcwtb

SFC Players against mercenaries

Saints fans against skates

Worlds apart.

I'm not going to get a hard-on about the number of twitter followers we have, but do they really only have 29000? For such a massive club I'm amazed that figure is so low. I'd have thought that more of the 250,000 fans from Southsea Common would be on Twitter.

I'm not going to get a hard-on about the number of twitter followers we have, but do they really only have 29000? For such a massive club I'm amazed that figure is so low. I'd have thought that more of the 250,000 fans from Southsea Common would be on Twitter.

Very hard to access the interweb with webbed fingers apparently.

Ahem, that rose to nearer 300,000 not so long ago.

Anyway, it's quality, not quantity, dontcha know?

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Signing number 11 this summer! S****horpe left-winger Andy Barcham has joined #Pompey on a free transfer. More at http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/

his third share of a share in PST is going a long way. i bet he is such a proud lad. no doubt he dines out on stories of his boardroom experiences on the back of a part shareholding. You can imagine 'Yes, I have a part shareholding in Portsmouth Football Club'

acf259c9-fcdb-4488-be11-f4fe8a9acf93_normal.pngNeil Allen ‏@pn_neil_allen

Signing number 11 this summer! S****horpe left-winger Andy Barcham has joined #Pompey on a free transfer. More at http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/

1 goal in 38 appearances last season, and that was his first match of the season in a cup game against Derby that finished 5-5. Oh, and his total transfer fees amass to an amazing nothing throughout his career. Every move has been a free transfer. A major coup by the Skates to get him in!

sillysignswarning212394a.jpg

Although such a sign isn't on show over here it wouldn't be a bad idea to do so.

Seriously if you are ever given an official Maori greeting on their Marae the biggest

insult would be if you smiled during The Challenge. As big an insult if when you were

introduced to QE you swore at her.

It all kicked off at Portsmouth mayormaking...

Trust-supporting councillors decided that in the new era of community and 'all moving forward together' they would hold an impromptu public inquest and hanging on the vote on council funding going into the black hole that is fortress fatpipes.

In front of foreign visitors and assembled guests, the council chief named those that opposed the rushing through of cash and demanded apologies, but this rather vulgar action resulted in most councillors walking out of the ceremony.

The main target, whose crimes were wanting to know why the funding was rushed through and demanding assurances on the original loan terms, seems to have been on the wrong end of vilification for being a dirty scummah who wanted them liquidated.

All part of the new era where everyone stands together and those that opposed the Trust are welcomed aboard as part of the bestest community club the world will ever see.

well I 4-1 applaud that!

It has taken effing years and we've had numerous managers lying about the costs, local sponsors shafted, fans misled, BUT it seems that the penny has finally dropped.

This could be the new austerity era, the one that should have started years ago.

Funny how expenditure is reduced when it's your own money.

Well done pompey, this looks like the first attempt at solvent trading in a decade.

Another step towards distancing themselves from the crimes of the past.

but not the cup

To the nut jobs out there. This £5.75m that Cheats FC are getting, is that their last and only remaining PP. And how does it relate to heir accounts in relation to all the debts they were going to repay with it. I know I should have been listening in class and taking notes, but unfortunately I have always been one to sit in back of class not paying attention. I need the input from the class swats to help me.

To the nut jobs out there. This £5.75m that Cheats FC are getting, is that their last and only remaining PP. And how does it relate to heir accounts in relation to all the debts they were going to repay with it. I know I should have been listening in class and taking notes, but unfortunately I have always been one to sit in back of class not paying attention. I need the input from the class swats to help me.

trousers, dubai P, pedg and oldnick have posted on this thread over 12,000 x (14% of total posts) between them......... chances are they will know the answer to this.

Post count -

Trousers = 5,395

dubai_phil = 2,652

pedg = 2,312

OldNick = 1,854

Total = 12,213

Suffice to say that despite the £5.75m PP, their plans show they will pay off the outstanding debts to players by 2016... or was it 2018? I forget.

That £5.75m is for the 2012/13 season, they are still due parachute payments for the 2013/14 season and they will be bigger than this year due to the new huge TV deal.

That £5.75m is for the 2012/13 season, they are still due parachute payments for the 2013/14 season and they will be bigger than this year due to the new huge TV deal.

MLG, the skates have had quite an unbelieveable slice of luck here do you agree?

Skates bombed out of the PL as the first ever club in admin, in the year the PL parachutes more than doubled along with the timeframe... its almost as if it was rushed through to stop the skates liquidating and exposing Redknapp, Storrie, Scudamore, Zahivi and presumably many more.

... Followed by another stroke of huge fortune by the increase in broadcasting royalties this year, kind of a double bonus really, wouldnt have imapcted the skates without the original slice of luck.

As SWF chief statistician , would you be able to compare the difference in revenues they would have received without these mental increases against what they are going to end up with?

Those parachutes.

For a starter, the 4 year parachutes were £16m/£16m/£8m/£8m from 2010 so worth £48m. Until 2010 they were 2 years and £16m each year, so they were already £16m better off and that gave them an extra year. They also had their first PP advanced, and any economist will tell you there's more value in money you are holding. ;)

Even the flipping article uses them for the photo ! : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1276538/Premier-League-years-parachute-payments-worth-48m-relegated-clubs.html

However, the final "£8m" year will be more anyway, though not sure how much more has been confirmed yet ?

For a starter, the 4 year parachutes were £16m/£16m/£8m/£8m from 2010 so worth £48m. Until 2010 they were 2 years and £16m each year, so they were already £16m better off and that gave them an extra year. They also had their first PP advanced, and any economist will tell you there's more value in money you are holding. ;)

Even the flipping article uses them for the photo ! : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1276538/Premier-League-years-parachute-payments-worth-48m-relegated-clubs.html

However, the final "£8m" year will be more anyway, though not sure how much more has been confirmed yet ?

They didn't have any PPs advanced.

trousers, dubai P, pedg and oldnick have posted on this thread over 12,000 x (14% of total posts) between them......... chances are they will know the answer to this.

Post count -

Trousers= 5,395

dubai_phil = 2,652

pedg = 2,312

OldNick = 1,854

Total = 12,213

I lost the plot 2,847 posts ago

e2eqygan.jpg

All I know is that the whole concept of parachute payments defeats the object for which they were designed. They were never intended to prop up a League Two side that spent way beyond its means.

What happened to the £2.25m that's missing?

I see that Portsmouth Community Football Club last week extended their accounting period to end of June...

6yhereva.jpg

All perfectly normal practice I'm sure.

I also see that their annual director's return is still shown as overdue...

y2uguvud.jpg

There's probably a perfectly reasonable explanation for that too.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})