Pompey Takeover Saga

Fitzhugh Fella

I don't know why you lot waste your time posting about such an insignificant club. They are finished. Let's move on.

We knew that 3 years ago. Still worth a chuckle every now and then though :)

Meanwhile...

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/cricket/cricket-chief-wants-to-join-forces-with-pompey-1-5161966

Rod Bransgrove wants Hampshire Cricket Club and Pompey to join forces.

The Hampshire chairman was in contact with the board members of the Pompey Supporters’ Trust throughout their takeover of the club.

He was later invited to Fratton Park as a guest of Blues chairman Iain McInnes for the final home game of last season against Sheffield United.

That convinced Bransgrove to stump up for his own share in the club.

He is also eager to cement a new relationship between the sporting bodies in a bid to share knowledge and pool some of their resources.

That includes the possibility of sharing training facilities in the future.

Bransgrove explained: ‘I have been speaking to Iain McInnes for some time about establishing closer links between the clubs. It’s an exciting development.

‘We spoke quite a lot during the administration period and passed on a few of our own experiences and talked about ways to forge stronger links.

‘We need to embrace our local sports clubs and make more of the fact that we have a real sporting pedigree around our area.

‘I really like the ownership model at Pompey and for the fans to own their club is a fantastic opportunity. I will be buying a share myself very soon and I have a real soft spot for Pompey now.

‘Iain invited me down and I was knocked out by the crowd they had for that last game of the season against Sheffield United. It was close to a full house for a team that had already been relegated and the atmosphere was sensational.

‘There was a real feel-good factor.

‘If we get that kind of passionate support down to the Ageas Bowl, we would be laughing!

‘But we are looking at things like crossovers between season tickets and membership.

‘And there are a few other things in the pipeline, which I can’t comment on at the moment.’

Bransgrove, a Spurs fan from his youth, previously had close ties with Southampton in his role at Hampshire.

But those links are no more after he became disillusioned at the treatment of some of Saints’ former figures by the St Mary’s regime.

‘I haven’t been to St Mary’s for a long time,’ said Bransgrove.

‘I don’t want to make a big issue out of it but I don’t feel inclined to go when some of the club’s great players and managers have become virtually ostracised – people like Francis Benali, Matt Le Tissier and Lawrie McMenemy.

‘I don’t feel comfortable about that. I think clubs should embrace their history and embrace the people who made their history.

‘That is what sports clubs are about and I think the PST totally understand that. We are all guardians of our clubs for the future generations.’

11:23 AM on 06/06/2013

Great idea. Also shows that Scumhampton and history just don't go hand in hand.

Edited by trousers

Perhaps in Finland they are finished Suomi, but where I live they are still gobbing off every day.

Give my regards to Ari Vatanen. :)

I realise that with the recycling old waste deal they are now doing their own punchlines, but does The News really have to join in?

Following months of blatant PR for The Trust and very selective reporting of major events concerning technical aspects of the takeover, we have this little gem -

There are the PR gatekeepers, operating largely in the upper echelons of football, who often take it upon themselves to restrict the flow of information to fans.

A neutral might observe that gatekeepers are operating in the very lower reaches too, where the flow of information has definitely been filtered to please the easily-led.

Let's not forget the great scoops that carefully examined all opponents of the Trust, but none of it's board...

As well as the above statement which is blatantly part of a forthcoming 'we don't want to be part of BIG football, we're much happier in League Two, you must be jealous' campaign, if the Trust's media poodle continues to peddle PR, the few will only be told what they want to hear.

Which is good, as the dim and easily-fooled shouldn't be confused by the full picture, and certainly shouldn't be encouraged to make up their own minds, nor allowed to question anything.

Keep calm and follow instructions from the gatekeeper, he has all the info you need, and will advise you what to think.

An "insignificant club" that has a thread of 1790 dedicated to them. Why do you bother ?

When the thread started they were utterly full of it. Despite having had more money then god going through them they had essentially nothing to show for it but a phyrric cup win and league status that was hanging by a thread. Despite no academy, a limited fanbase and a shed for a ground they were still giving it large.

Now they are in the 4th tier, the 4th placed club on the south coast by at least two divisions and continuing to trump as though they are one of the biggest clubs in europe. It is hilarious and has been a wonderful journey of so many twists and turns.

Sounds like a woman scorned to me.

There are a large number of the old Southampton business "set" who dislike the current regime. May be someting to do with the lack of freebies and director box access that they enjoyed during the askham and lowe years.

There are a large number of the old Southampton business "set" who dislike the current regime. May be someting to do with the lack of freebies and director box access that they enjoyed during the askham and lowe years.

I'm sure that would be truer, it is always annoying when you go to events and see people from the business world who don't know anything about the game but they are in the prime areas. Iam with NC ,you pay your way or do 1. Why should others subsidise the hangers on?

An "insignificant club" that has a thread of 1790 dedicated to them. Why do you bother ?

2239 pages for me, stick to post numbers, then we can all agree on 89468. For me, the "bothering" was all about finding out (usually first) what was going to happen to them next in their plummet to L2 and struggle to find a buyer on a Saints messageboard. Now that's all done and dusted, I'm happy to ignore them again. Except when they play Newport, of course.

Edited by The9

If it is pink, it means they are trying to upgrade from Skate to Salmon

which must be difficult to mask as the stench of dried out, dying skate grows by the day.

http://www.fansonline.net/portsmouth/article.php?id=2536#.UbRW7pBwbVI

‘It’s important the players have the right mindset. Every game will be a cup final for the opponents. We have to have a winning mentality. Bradford are the prime example from last season.

‘When small clubs come to Fratton Park and feel the history and our potential, they play without pressure. It’s the size of the club that makes it like that and I’ve never seen a place like this.

‘The pressure will be on us, but we have to turn the tables with our support – we have to play with that energy. Sometimes we have to lower expectations, maybe. Some players have left and gone to other clubs. But if we build with the players we have signed and the youngsters from last season, it is going to be a really interesting project.

‘The players have to have the mindset that we are a big club and we have responsibility.

Superb, pmsl

massive.

Just need a couple of extra phrases in there and I'd say it was someone from here taking the mick.

But I fear it's from someone who actually believes all that drivel.

Let's just hope that the refs are brave enough and big enough to handle League Two games at the semi-packed fortress of tumbleweed - and that they don't get more of those emails telling them not to give pompey throw-ins.

The Skates have lined up Real Vallecano for one of their pre-season fixtures.

http://www.portsmouth-mad.co.uk/news/tmnw/vallecano_lined_up_for_friendly_797375/index.shtml

They had wanted a London Premiership team to visit, but were told that the likelihood would be that they would only field a development team, whereas Vallecano are likely to field a full strength team, realising no doubt that anything less would not be a match for a hastily assembled fourth division team.

Vallecano are obviously well suited as an opponent for other reasons:-

"They are also banned from European competition because of disputes with creditors and would have qualifed for the Europa League otherwise".

Although unlike the Skates' creditors, I don't believe that it is implicit that they will not get their money eventually.

had an interesting chat with a Celtic fan the other day.

When I mentioned Rangers he said 'they don't exist anymore!'

His attitude is that there is some new club calling itself Rangers, but they have been going one year, and had never won a trophy before last season.

Some people might say that is harsh but I think there's a few people on here who would agree.

Any business that wants to drop historical debt does exactly that - drops the debt and the history.

I look forward to a fundraising friendly between Rangers 2013 and pompey 2013 - a chance for the little Glasgow minnow to find out why fortress fatpipes is the envy of world football with real vocal support and an atmosphere the Scots can only dream of.

And pompey can dream of perhaps one day matching Rangers by putting a 4th tier championship trophy in their empty cabinet.

What was the topic of the interesting chat?

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey 2h

Season ticket sales still going strong - now up to 5,151 #pompey

Great news...and when you add the 200 or so away fans that will turn up for their "cup final"

at FP and boost the attendance they're now looking at gates of at least 5,300.

Well done them.

35l7yhj.jpg

I'm feeling quite sad about this thread - 6 days to fill a page. I mean! Even Rallyboy's sarcasm is struggling to raise a smile. And the relentless tub-thumping from 'Factless' sounds just that - a hollow sound born of desperation. This new Skate-world, with them at least vaguely attempting to live within their means, signing players who played last season for AFC Wimbledon ffs, of world tours of East Hants District Council wards - it's all mildly amusing, in a slightly cringey way, not laugh out loud as the lunatics take over the asylum sort of way.

I'll keep visiting this dear old thread, like faithfully turning up to see your Nan in a home when you were a kid, aware that her best days are behind, old memories and a sense of duty dragging you there rather than a sense of excitement or hope, until one day she will be gone.....

34582_106609642724935_100001276988812_49248_1410538_n_normal.jpgSj Maskell@SjMaskell

#FootballPremierLeague an institution which was conceived in greed and has grown still more rapacious down the years. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2338083/Patrick-Collins-The-inequality-game--93-27-TV-billions-goes-Premier-League.html …

...and the very same institution that is still keeping Pompey alive well past its use-by date...

Edited by trousers

I'm feeling quite sad about this thread - 6 days to fill a page. I mean! Even Rallyboy's sarcasm is struggling to raise a smile. And the relentless tub-thumping from 'Factless' sounds just that - a hollow sound born of desperation. This new Skate-world, with them at least vaguely attempting to live within their means, signing players who played last season for AFC Wimbledon ffs, of world tours of East Hants District Council wards - it's all mildly amusing, in a slightly cringey way, not laugh out loud as the lunatics take over the asylum sort of way.

I'll keep visiting this dear old thread, like faithfully turning up to see your Nan in a home when you were a kid, aware that her best days are behind, old memories and a sense of duty dragging you there rather than a sense of excitement or hope, until one day she will be gone.....

Pompey takeover saga sir? No its not dead, its just resting...

LOL - But calm down Sid.

Its the pre-season, the worst month of it too. I would argue the downturn of posting volume on the PTS is proportional to the slowdown on the main bored etc.

Plus they get absolutely minimal attention from anyone but factless and us nutjobs these days, completely forgotten and off the radar for good.

But just you wait until August and beyond, its going to be thrilling.. and in a whole new way for us nutjobs.

I predict all out delusion from the skates for the first month, factless getting all gooey and romantic about it, the bestest filling up a away stand for the first time in years, agent connelly still match fit etc.

..then the fall out begins.

I cant wait for it.

LOL - But calm down Sid.

Its the pre-season, the worst month of it too. I would argue the downturn of posting volume on the PTS is proportional to the slowdown on the main bored etc.

Plus they get absolutely minimal attention from anyone but factless and us nutjobs these days, completely forgotten and off the radar for good.

But just you wait until August and beyond, its going to be thrilling.. and in a whole new way for us nutjobs.

I predict all out delusion from the skates for the first month, factless getting all gooey and romantic about it, the bestest filling up a away stand for the first time in years, agent connelly still match fit etc.

..then the fall out begins.

I cant wait for it.

Yes indeed. This is the calm before the guffaws. And don't forget Sid, the last (yes, this time the really, really, really last) parachute payments are coming up. I think we'll have many more hearty laughs, followed by grave dancing, as Cheats FC finally do a titanic.

Great news...and when you add the 200 or so away fans that will turn up for their "cup final"

Well done them.

35l7yhj.jpg

TCWTB disciple on the left always makes me chuckle

Well done them.

35l7yhj.jpg

The drummer in the middle (lighter blue shirt) looks like he's staring at the drumsticks trying to work out what the **** they are and how to use them...

Portsmouth FC ‏@officialpompey 2h

Season ticket sales still going strong - now up to 5,151 #pompey

Bradford sold 9,000-odd for the last couple of seasons in League 2. I think they did something clever with pricing (ie dirt cheap) but even so, disappointing performance this year for the bestest, most loyalest fans in all of world football.

Verisona Appointed to Help Save Second Football Club

Post date: May 2013

After its high profile success in saving Portsmouth Football Club last month, law firm Verisona has already been appointed to provide legal advice for another football club that was put into administration yesterday.

It has been announced that Aldershot Town Football Club is to be placed into administration and advertised for sale in the next few weeks.

Administrators Mr Carl Jackson and Mr Paul Goddard of Southampton based Quantuma LLP will be now be running the club until a successful option for the club’s future can be assured and their legal advisor will be David Oliver, Insolvency and Business Recovery expert at Verisona.

‘Verisona has been advising Messers Jackson and Goddard in the lead up to this announcement and will continue to do so until a sale of the club is concluded and an agreement has been made with creditors,’ explains Oliver.

‘With the expertise and subsequent reputation we have earned a result of our historic win for the consortium which now owns Portsmouth Football Club, we are proud to have been chosen by another organisation in need of guidance and suppor

Was at Fratton Park today for my sins (my daughter was in a competition for Linvoy Primus' Faith and Football Charity)... anyway, I bumped into a mate down there who is now working (for free) for new-PFC. Apparently, everything they do there is whiter than white now. The new staff still can't quite believe what went on in the past.

Another challenge to their greatest fans in the world tag......

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jun/11/world-cup-2014-brazil-host

"I can't afford a ticket. I'm poor. I live among the poor. I don't know anyone who is going to a World Cup game," said Santa Cruz's most famous fan, Bacalhau, who has worn nothing but his team's colours for 38 years and had all his teeth extracted and replaced with tri-coloured dentures."

Makes Westwood look a bit plastic doesn't it?

But in terms of the bad times, we saw it coming. There was the season where there were 15 players out of contract. I remember Sol Campbell saying, ‘This can’t be right, something must be going on.’ And he was right.

It's a shame Mr Campbell (or anyone else associated with Pompey) didn't "see it coming" when Pompey splashed out £90,000 a week on...erm....Sol Campbell two years before hand... #cheats

Edited by trousers

Pompey fans are the..

"Most local and loyal fans I have ever seen and it is a shame for them, but I guess they are in a good place now as they own the club."

Local? Yep... all 9,000 of them...

"I was eligible for a medal but had it stolen from the hotel after the game, which I was gutted about, so I don’t have a medal. Which is the only downside of that season."

What do you expect from the skates Sean? At least you got paid...

yeah it was so difficult to predict - tiny income + huge wages, who could have seen that coming...

I feel for the fans, they are as much victims as everyone else with their days out at Wembley that have never been paid for.

Oh well, I hear the FA Vase is quite a day out, so the few may still be able to relive those heady days of turning a blind eye to theft and money-laundering.

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey season tickets will tomorrow have been on sale for a month. Current tally is 5,387. For a newly-relegated club. In League Two.

And for a club that has the bestest most loyalist fan base in the whole wide world...

@pn_neil_allen: #Pompey season tickets will tomorrow have been on sale for a month. Current tally is 5,387. For a newly-relegated club. In League Two.

And for a club that has the bestest most loyalist fan base in the whole wide world...

That looks a lot like lowering of the expectations bar ...

I thought they were the country's (world's?) biggest fan-owned club, and that attendances were about to shoot right up now that they have such a promising and exciting, future and after removing the blood-sucking parasites from the club?

I'm sure the walk-up will be massive.

PMSL

Is that about 100 new STs sold since his last tweet last week :)

My estimate of £7k STs seems well off the mark now, it seems the novelty has worn off already. Looking forward to those bleak cold Tuesday nights in January, especially when half the ST holders abandon them for being ****e! Should see record lows of 3k at fortress fratton!

Capital One Cup R1 draw is made on Monday morning. For the lolz, let's look at who is seeded, and who isn't, in the Southern Section :

Seeds - South

1. AFC Bournemouth

2. Birmingham City

3. Brentford

4. Brighton and Hove Albion

5. Bristol City

6. Charlton Athletic

7. Crawley Town

8. Ipswich Town

9. Leicester City

10. Leyton Orient

11. Millwall

12. Milton Keynes Dons

13. Peterborough United

14. Queens Park Rangers

15. Swindon Town

16. Watford

17. Yeovil Town

Non seeds - South

18. AFC Wimbledon

19. Bristol Rovers

20. Cheltenham Town

21. Colchester United

22. Coventry City

23. Dagenham and Redbridge

24. Exeter City

25. Gillingham

26. Newport County AFC

27. Northampton Town

28. Oxford United

29. Plymouth Argyle

30. Portsmouth

31. Southend United

32. Stevenage

33. Torquay United

34. Wycombe Wanderers

PMSL

Is that about 100 new STs sold since his last tweet last week :)

My estimate of £7k STs seems well off the mark now, it seems the novelty has worn off already. Looking forward to those bleak cold Tuesday nights in January, especially when half the ST holders abandon them for being ****e! Should see record lows of 3k at fortress fratton!

Comments section on this article about Bradford's Capital One Cup Final tickets says they had 8500 SEASON TICKETS last season, although of course they're not "newly relegated", they've been watching League Two football for 6 years, which of course would make them MORE likely to buy an ST than someone who was seeing it for the first time, Mr Allen... of course it would, of course...

http://www.thetelegraphandargus.co.uk/sport/10194662.Bradford_City_sell_8_000_Wembley_tickets_in_two_hours/

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})